You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Kraft

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Thomas Kraft

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:49 am

Eighteen year old goalkeeper Thomas Kraft, who plays for FC Bayern II (the Bayern reserve team), will get his first professional contract starting from next season. Bernd Dreher will retire at the end of this season, and Kraft will become the Bayern's third-choice keeper. Kraft is considered an exceptional talent.

Here's an interesting news article about him in German: http://www.torwart.de/Thomas-Kraft.1308.0.html
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:56 pm

rensing , ottl, gorlinz, kraft, schwensteiger, hargreaves, lahm ...god look at us wer pulling young talents...wow.
Kraft , i heard about him ....but resing is the new number one and after him well Kraft then.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Thomas Kraft

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Kraft was chosen in Yahoo! Deutschland's team of the week (which I don't necessarily agree with).

More info: http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/17012011/ ... ktion.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: Thomas Kraft

Postby spotman » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:36 pm

How would you not agree with that? He had an outstanding game (saved a PK, made some other great saves)... The goal was not his fault...
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:28 pm

I didn't like the way he was a spectator when Wolfsburg were busy hitting the crossbar and shooting low balls just wide of the post. He didn't even move. He was lucky in that aspect that the balls didn't go in, same as his PK save which albeit being super also hit the crossbar and could have easily gone in anyway. Call me stubborn but I'm still not convinced. I hope to be proven wrong.

Plus Diego's freekick which was wrongly disallowed was probably the worst goalkeeping mistake I've seen since Green last played for England
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shileno » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 pm

What I like of Kraft is that he's not that nervous like Rensing, probably he doesn't care that much about the pressure. I remember the face of Rensing every match, it was the same face we all had every time we saw him on the goal. We'll see the next matches.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:58 pm

shileno wrote:What I like of Kraft is that he's not that nervous like Rensing, probably he doesn't care that much about the pressure. I remember the face of Rensing every match, it was the same face we all had every time we saw him on the goal. We'll see the next matches.

Haha...It really got me laughing :) ...it is true thou :D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Actually Kraft's face in his first time as main #1 was different from other games.
He seemed angry, ready for a fight (or he was just trying to be like Kahn - at least in the face expression) :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby nur4bayern » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:26 am

I watched the Bayern and the Koln matches and, IMHO, Kraft was the better of the two and not just from a save percentage aspect. Like AvatarX said, Kraft had a Oli Kahn kind of expression...he was focused, ready to play. If you watched the Koln match Rensing looked like the same lost little boy he was at Bayern.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Thomas Kraft

Postby Element » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Well I Hope not , but if he gets injured , discuss His injury here
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:22 pm

A good video of Kraft's saves for Bayern matches in 2010 (i.e. missing the last match)

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:48 pm

Kraft's Agent is talking with Bayern about the future of Thomas Kraft in the club , and his position next season

kraft but then said that he still has time till April or even May to know that
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Koma » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Trust me, LvG knows how good Kraft is. He sees him in the trainings every day, and he is not stupid man when it comes to judging players. I sincerely hope that Thomas makes it. He has everything to do that.
Ofcourse there are some small thing that can be better, but he is 21 years old, he is getting better with every new day.

I sincerely hope he will sign a new contract.
Bayern Team for the Champions League trophy -
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/ ... unchen.jpg
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 am

Actually he's 22 years old but I agree with what you said, except for this:

Koma wrote:he is not stupid man when it comes to judging players

*cough* Lucio *cough*
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Koma » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 am

Everyone makes mistakes mate, Ferguson with Forlan (yeah he was shit when he was in Utd but..) Barca with Fabreags etc.
Besides, he was the one who promoted van der Sar in Ajax and Valdes in Barcelona, so that has to count also. :)
Bayern Team for the Champions League trophy -
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/ ... unchen.jpg
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion