You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Kraft

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Kraft

Postby raz25 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:00 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:He should change his name to Thomas Schwach

And he rejects our contract extension :) who does he think he is, Iker Casillas?

lol he's probably hating himself right now, but you know, 40-50 years from now he will be able to say this to his grand children: "You know kids, Bayern actually offered me a contract extension because I was such a badass GK, but I thought to myself, "fuk em", and I turned them down. You should have seen the look on their faces, hehehehe"
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:58 am

I'll laught my ass off if Kraft leave us and shines out of Bayern, like almost every former Bayern player.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby uzi716 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:21 am

shileno wrote:I'll laught my ass off if Kraft leave us and shines out of Bayern, like almost every former Bayern player.

*cough* Mats Hummels *cough*
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayern33 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:50 pm

if we get neuer who really cares what happens to kraft. If we dont get neuer then he can stay our number one. Although he didnt play well against hannover.
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Kraft has only played great against Inter. If you look at the stats you will notice that our team has conceded a lot of goals when he has been our GK.

3 Roma
3 Hannover
3 Koeln
3 Dortmund

#-o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Bayern33 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:04 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Kraft has only played great against Inter. If you look at the stats you will notice that our team has conceded a lot of goals when he has been our GK.

3 Roma
3 Hannover
3 Koeln
3 Dortmund

reminds me of rensing had a couple of good games but in the end was not very consitant
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby CroCHEF » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Kraft has only played great against Inter. If you look at the stats you will notice that our team has conceded a lot of goals when he has been our GK.

3 Roma
3 Hannover
3 Koeln
3 Dortmund

#-o

again its stupid thing.
Neuer get 5 goals in one game, and?
Is he guilty for any goal against Roma, he save us from biggest lose.
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:51 pm

CroCHEF wrote:again its stupid thing.
Neuer get 5 goals in one game, and?
Is he guilty for any goal against Roma, he save us from biggest lose.

Not being at fault for a goal doesn't necessarily mean a great keeper couldn't save it. Legendary keepers save the impossible. In fact I found a video of the highlights of the match.

Let's analyze what a great goalkeeper does, and what Kraft actually does.

Action 1 (approx 4 seconds)
What a great keeper does: hold the ball
What Kraft did: punch the ball, very dangerously close to another attacker. Demichelis saved his ass with a great sliding tackle.

Action 2 (approx 17 seconds)
What a great keeper does: hold the ball
What Kraft did: punch the ball straight at an attacker. Was very lucky that the opponent(s) did not score because everyone would have been hitting on him for such a stupid mistake.

Action 3 (approx 1:35)
What a great keeper does: dive to his right and save the ball
What Kraft did: wave his right hand and let the ball go in. It wasn't easy, but given the strength of the shot and the closeness to his body, it was saveable.

Action 4 (approx 2:01)
What a great keeper does: dives in front of him to intercept the cross and launch a counter attack for his team
What Kraft did: let the ball roll in front of him during the pass, and due to that he had to pull off two saves whilst being lucky in that they shot straight at him. At the end he conceded a corner and put more pressure on his goal.

Action 5 (approx 2:15)
What a great keeper does: saves and holds the ball
What Kraft did: saved and held the ball: the only good thing he did all night. Nothing spectacular though as the shot was very weak.

Action 6 (approx 2:25)
What a great keeper does: anticipates the pass, rushes out and jumps into the path of the ball and stop it from ever reaching De Rossi
What Kraft did: freeze, his usual "statue technique".

Action 7 (approx 2:47)
What a great keeper does: rush out early and held the ball
What Kraft did: get off his line too late and just barely failed to hold the ball without fouling the player first.

Action 8 (approx 3:05) [which shouldn't have come along if he had dealt with action #7]
What a great keeper does: save the penalty
What Kraft did: jumped the right way but too enthusiastically far, the ball was more central than he thought it was and it passed from right underneath his body
Last edited by MUTU on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spelling and improved explanation for "action 4"
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Exactly
Kraft made great saves. But he doesnt need to pull off those great saves if he does the basic job well done
He fails to do that, then what's the point in having great saves.
First get your primary job done
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby shileno » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:01 pm

I wonder if there was any GK in the football history that didn't made stupid mistakes when he was young. First we must change our main problem, get a new coach and make a new team.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:16 pm

shileno wrote:I wonder if there was any GK in the football history that didn't made stupid mistakes when he was young

Yes, that's true. But according to that we can put Appudds as our GK and if he makes mistakes it doesn't matter, because every young GK made stupid mistakes !!

We had Rensing and we gave him the chance to prove himself. He FAILED and we had to play Butt who is not a great GK. This is the 3rd year where we play without a solid GK and we can not wait another 2 years until Kraft plays good. Also nobody guarantees that he is going to be a good GK. Maybe he will be another Rensing. From what we have seen this season, he is closer to a new RENSING than a new NEUER.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby armbrust » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 am

Exactly
Kraft made great saves. But he doesnt need to pull off those great saves if he does the basic job well done
He fails to do that, then what's the point in having great saves.
First get your primary job done

I never been a GK, but when i was injured i had the chance to assist GKs training sesions a couple times and the basics they teach them were these: Allways guard the 1st bar,get the air balls in the small box, only go out against a striker when hes alone,only hold the ball when you are 100% that it wont slip otherwise punch it, when you punch the ball try to deflect it to the sides, only go out to intercept the ball when you 100% you will reach it, try to put your chest in front the ball in case it slips, dive in ground shoots.

So i think we have some diferent ideas about what the GKs basics are.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby uzi716 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:59 am

3 Roma
3 Hannover
3 Koeln
3 Dortmund

#-o

Kraft is 22 and the defense in front of him is atrocious. I wont blame him for that.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby shileno » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:23 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:We had Rensing and we gave him the chance to prove himself. He FAILED and we had to play Butt who is not a great GK. This is the 3rd year where we play without a solid GK and we can not wait another 2 years until Kraft plays good. Also nobody guarantees that he is going to be a good GK. Maybe he will be another Rensing. From what we have seen this season, he is closer to a new RENSING than a new NEUER.

Butt was amazing last season and he's a great and solid GK. If you expect to see Neuer become Kahn, that won't happen.

Rensing failed because being GK in Bayern right now is one of the worse jobs ever, he lacked confidence and he didn't got support from anyone. It's difficult when the bar is too high. That's what Kraft is suffering now, and that's why I believe he'll do fine out of here (like Rensing now). Neuer won't secure us anything, hell even Casillas or Julio Cesar won't secure us anything.

It's always the same in football, with coaches, players, everyone. After a great one, people demand you a better one, not a different one.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby quaazi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:05 pm

armbrust wrote:
I never been a GK, but when i was injured i had the chance to assist GKs training sesions a couple times and the basics they teach them were these: Allways guard the 1st bar,get the air balls in the small box, only go out against a striker when hes alone,only hold the ball when you are 100% that it wont slip otherwise punch it, when you punch the ball try to deflect it to the sides, only go out to intercept the ball when you 100% you will reach it, try to put your chest in front the ball in case it slips, dive in ground shoots.

So i think we have some diferent ideas about what the GKs basics are.

Those are the utter basics I was taught when I was a 13-14 year old kid. A top flight goalkeeper should do so much more.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion