You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thomas Kraft

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thomas Kraft

Postby shileno » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Why he would risk himself and the club? Kraft is not stupid, he still have a lot to prove and he won't be focused on messing the things up. Sign a contract to be a 2nd goalkeeper when he has everything to be the 1st on a bigger club? Just leave him alone and let him do his job, after the season ends then talk with him about contracts.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby The Spyware » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Then we can understand LvG words now :)
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MoFattal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 pm

bayern management have been talking a lot about Neuer lately (which implies that a deal has already been placed) but this is the worst time to open such transfer rumours as it would AT LEAST cause some unrest for kraft... and that might cause his good performance to worsen... he is very talented goal keeper and i agree that he really needs to improvfe some aspects of his game ... but frankly, doesnt he deserve to play 1st team football? i think he truly deserves but at bayern? well Neuer would my choice... so not extending his contract is justified for me but as i said this is the worst possible time to enter with these discussions as we cant afford him to suddenrly dip in form...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Element wrote:WRONG
He said that he wants to extend , but if we Get Neuer he wont
so for Bayern , it is Either Kraft or Neuer

What is WRONG?! :shock: :lol:
There is no right or wrong buddy!... We are seeing things from different points of view....

> My point of view is very close to Nikos on this matter....
AvatarX wrote:I agree... We took a huge risk trying him in the middle of the year and actually introducing him to the football world, while he wasn't really impressive playing with FCB II.
The least he can do is sign a contract extension with us. I'm starting not to like him as a character with this reaction.

He should be grateful that we gave him this chance, not bargain and almost blackmail us while he only has offered 1-2 very good appearances.

You see... we are taking a risk in letting him have a shot to be a starter at the highest possible level.... There are downsides and upsides to this risk... the downside is that we might lose a lot, including a CL-berth for next year, damage to our image, a lot of financial loss.... the upside SHOULD BE that we'll have a brilliant GK for our future without paying extra money (out of our youth ranks)....
But we don't have the upside thing right now... because he has not signed a contract with us.... So we are putting a lot of faith in him, but he does not vice versa!... And this is not fair to us....

And if he is so concerned about his future, it can be easily considered with a clause in his contract...

==========

But Much more than I'm angry with Kraft, I'm angry with Nerlinger and Co... They are the ones who should have extended with him a long time ago.... If we have a promising talent in the squad, we should sign long term contracts with him... PERIOD... We are being hit from the same spot over and over.... Knassmullner, Kraft, and many others....
We must change this... Not having long term contracts with great talents is what's really wrong with our plans... Not that some kid (Kraft) refuses to sign right now...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 am

Not everything is peachy in this world. I am with Element on this matter. There is nothing wrong with a player to believe in his own ability, Kraft believes he can start at a top club and he rightly should. Thats the kind of mentality Bayern and other top clubs expect.

There is so much Neuer talk while Kraft is still performing well that it would discourage any player who has any inclination to succeed. Even from a Bayern POV it makes absolute sense that Kraft wont sign an extension with no strings attached with the possibility of Neuer coming to Bayern.

Ideally, sign an extension with a decent enough release clause or the possibility of a transfer in another contractual point of view. It would be ridiculous to accept him to be loyal and dedicated at such a young age? Think about it form his POV for a second, he has been given the opportunity and he has taken it and performed well and yet the board and staff does not believe in him, why would he commit to such a club? when even world class performances undershadow his ability as compared to Neuers.

Its delusional to believe otherwise.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 am

The kid sure knows how to play poker.

I agree that it's the problem of our board who should have extended his contract earlier. But now at this point, I think we should ditch our policy and offer him a contract with a transfer release clause that is active based on appearances.

This is a win-win:
- If he is not a starter, he would be able to leave for a transfer value. We'd make money off of the transfer, and he wouldn't rot on the bench. If he's not a starter it would mean that we bought someone else (eg Neuer) and so we could _afford_ to sell him, and have Sattelmaier as #2.
- If he is a starter, it would mean that we didn't manage to buy Neuer, and he's our #1, which is ultimately what he wants. But it also gives us a sense of security knowing that if we fail to sign Neuer this summer, we'll still have a decent GK. Besides, Neuer's contract runs out in 2012 so this gives us the chance to get Neuer for free and sell Kraft for $$$.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:51 am

MUTU wrote:The kid sure knows how to play poker.

Yes, but Hoeness doesn't seem an ideal opponent in poker :) He will eat the kid alive :P
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:51 am

MUTU wrote:The kid sure knows how to play poker.

Yes, but Hoeness doesn't seem an ideal opponent in poker :) He will eat the kid alive :P

He's also lost important poker duels... names that spring to mind are Kaka, Tevez, Aguero and most importantly Ballack. Having said that, Nerlinger is supposedly handling transfer negotiations now, and judging from the comments to the media, the running-in phase seems to be over and Nerlinger looks less and less of a Hoeness-puppet.

We only need to offer that clause, as I said in my previous post, and everybody wins.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayern33 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:21 pm

bayern wont put a clause in i doubt it very much. Either keep him and tell him no other keeper will come. Or just sign neuer and let kraft leave. Im getting sick of hearing about neuer although i want him at bayern.
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Kraft just made his breakthrough, and you expect him to sign here and end up not playing again?

I don't blame him for wanting to wait until the Neuer situation is clear.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby armbrust » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 pm

The point is that it seems that Kraft was underestimated for some time for us, and he was aware of this. He had the skill and for sure he had showed it in the trainings for long,probably Rensing¨s trauma had something to do with all this.So , i understand why he could be not so happy with us.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Element » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Kraft just made his breakthrough, and you expect him to sign here and end up not playing again?

I don't blame him for wanting to wait until the Neuer situation is clear.

Agree

i mean look at the situation from his side

if neuer comes (neuer will be 25 this year ) ,Kraft will never play here

also Kraft has been waiting for his chance for more than 3 years , and With rensing supposed to be our No.1 , He had no chance till Rensing sucked , which means that destiny gave him this chance to prove himself

also he also looks at his Fellow GKs who became Important for their teams at his Age

Rene Adler and Manuel Neuer

Both Adler and Neuer are Highly recognized worldwide and known for their tremendous Skills

Adler won the Best Bundesliga GK award
Adler was picked as top 20 GK worldwide and 2nd Best German GK in his first years
Adler also was Number 1 in the NT

Neuer has a record of minutes with conceding a goal
Neuer won the best CL keeper
Neuer is Germanys Number 1 GK

So i think that he feels that this Decision is important for him , because if he stays without being number 1 , he will be Like Rensing

but if he stays and remains Number 1 and proves his worth , he will be Like Adler and Neuer which is something Great for every Goalkeeper
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: 2010/2011 Generic transfer thread

Postby dambun » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:17 pm

>>> Moderators:
Kraft's market value has increased to 2.5M..... Update the Player Profiles please...
Last edited by MUTU on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from the Generic Transfers thread because it is more appropriate in this thread.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm

dambun wrote:>>> Moderators:
Kraft's market value has increased to 2.5M..... Update the Player Profiles please...

Done, thanks!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:33 pm

He should change his name to Thomas Schwach

And he rejects our contract extension :) who does he think he is, Iker Casillas?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion