You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby prasun77 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:33 pm

i dont know...i get a creepy feeling that he is on loan from barcelona...a loan deal which expires when xavi retires!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby The Black Cleaver » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:10 pm

His performances after injury are very, very good!

http://www.football411.com/story/0,22162,14287_9052164,00.html?
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm

This guy is definitely Bayern Munich quality, every time he plays he proves why Pep wanted him so much and why management went a long with it
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:This guy is definitely Bayern Munich quality, every time he plays he proves why Pep wanted him so much and why management went a long with it
He has quality I can give this to him but he is too "Flashy" and sloppy,he has to play more simple and not so flashy.His quality is definetely world class and a Bayern material but I think he has to take some lessons from Kroos how you can be accurate,simple and world class at the same time.Although his first touch is maybe the best out there along with Messi,absolutely magnificent,like he has glue on his boot.

P.S:Thiago's technique when he is passing is lovely.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Achilles wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:This guy is definitely Bayern Munich quality, every time he plays he proves why Pep wanted him so much and why management went a long with it
He has quality I can give this to him but he is too "Flashy" and sloppy,he has to play more simple and not so flashy.His quality is definetely world class and a Bayern material but I think he has to take some lessons from Kroos how you can be accurate,simple and world class at the same time.Although his first touch is maybe the best out there along with Messi,absolutely magnificent,like he has glue on his boot.

I'd agree with most of those views. I'd also reckon that all that doesn't go unnoticed by Guardiola, who will have some tips and guidelines for him. Currently Thiago is in a period of grace - like Goetze was - in his first 3-4 games after injury, but there'll be higher demands for his passing accuracy, etc, very soon. I think he will deliver.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Achilles » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Badger wrote:
Achilles wrote:

I'd agree with most of those views. I'd also reckon that all that doesn't go unnoticed by Guardiola, who will have some tips and guidelines for him. Currently Thiago is in a period of grace - like Goetze was - in his first 3-4 games after injury, but there'll be higher demands for his passing accuracy, etc, very soon. I think he will deliver.
I agree with the fact that Pep has an eye on him and his little faults,afterall he wants to protect his signing that he was praising as triple super!
But when I said about being flash and cool for Thiago's style of play,I was referring not only to his Bayern performances till now which aren't too much,so we can't judge him but with his overall style of play that I have seen from him,to Barca days and Spain U-21.This "street style" is what he does,he can't change it but he can master it at his fullest I think,I like his style,I really do and the "unorthodox" way he plays his vertical passes but sometime is just too much and the his position is way too crucial by helping opponents run some deadly counter(goal vs BVB)
All this I think will come,with more experience on the pitch,guidance from Pep and some advices from more experienced players such as Schweini.
I don't critizice him or judge him harsh,just sayin'
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:05 pm

1M likes for Thiago
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386245134.016079.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:34 pm

He plays with this swagger that I find very amusing. I've noticed that he's often the least advanced of our midfielders positionally. When he plays, he sometimes slots in between the two center backs. I think he will steadily improve until winter break. The rest he'll get during the break (he had a busy summer) will help him greatly in the second half of the season.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Ruht » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:1M likes for Thiago

Apparently he is the most followed Bundesliga player on twitter as well! :D
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Achilles wrote:He has quality I can give this to him but he is too "Flashy" and sloppy,he has to play more simple and not so flashy.His quality is definetely world class and a Bayern material but I think he has to take some lessons from Kroos how you can be accurate,simple and world class at the same time.Although his first touch is maybe the best out there along with Messi,absolutely magnificent,like he has glue on his boot.

Exactly how I would put it. Too flashy, sometimes sloppy and trying to over-pass at times. But you can see that he is one of the best players on the ball.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Press Conference vs Man C
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Swag! 8)

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Cybergamc » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Swag! 8)

8)
Cybergamc
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Badger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:49 am

Badger wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Thiago has started intense running and expected to start team training in two weeks! =D> =D> =D>

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern/bayern-muenchen-geht-thiago-3191813.html

That's great news. Many of us are guilty of half forgetting players when they are injured. During the summer, Kroos was nearly thought of as bench material. Two weeks ago people were asking why we bought Goetze. Few are singing Alcantara's praises just now, but I'd like to stick my neck out and predict that he'll have at least one Man-of-the-Match award before the end of December. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again. Even if he wasn't playing, he had a lot of time to observe and think about Bayern's current system; I think he'll slot in very quickly, when he does return.

It isn't a conclusive source, but I think that it is a strong enough indicator of Alcantara's fulfilling of my prediction...
http://www.goal.com/en-india/match/126475/guangzhou-evergrande-vs-bayern/player-ratings

I thought he had a very good game last night, and if he wasn't everyone's Man-of-the-Match he was still a close contender.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Badger wrote:
Badger wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Thiago has started intense running and expected to start team training in two weeks! =D> =D> =D>

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern/bayern-muenchen-geht-thiago-3191813.html

That's great news. Many of us are guilty of half forgetting players when they are injured. During the summer, Kroos was nearly thought of as bench material. Two weeks ago people were asking why we bought Goetze. Few are singing Alcantara's praises just now, but I'd like to stick my neck out and predict that he'll have at least one Man-of-the-Match award before the end of December. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again. Even if he wasn't playing, he had a lot of time to observe and think about Bayern's current system; I think he'll slot in very quickly, when he does return.

It isn't a conclusive source, but I think that it is a strong enough indicator of Alcantara's fulfilling of my prediction...
http://www.goal.com/en-india/match/126475/guangzhou-evergrande-vs-bayern/player-ratings

I thought he had a very good game last night, and if he wasn't everyone's Man-of-the-Match he was still a close contender.

I agree yesterday he was super. but put it in the player thread instead of the injury one.Almost gave me a heart attack :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion