You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Borusse » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Dhuber24 wrote:We'll need this depth considering we have more matches to play this season

For a second there I thought I made this comment. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:05 pm

I have a worrisome feeling about this :? Hope if turns out for the best.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Does anyone have pics of Thiago's medical? Also when is he expected to start training? With the Hamburg game, Barca , and BvB friendlies coming up i hope the skip the media presentation and let him get straight to work.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Mia san Bayern » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Too bad Bayern München II isn't in Bundesliga right now or else we could have had two teams in the top 2 of the Bundesliga this season.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCB general » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Thiago's medical? Also when is he expected to start training? With the Hamburg game, Barca , and BvB friendlies coming up i hope the skip the media presentation and let him get straight to work.....

Patience, patience... What's the rush? :?

p.s. Very bad moment for some of Quadraple guys after Götze and Thiago transfer. There will be cleaning next summer, surely. :(
Last edited by FCB general on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Great prospect! Im more than content! :D

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dambun » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 pm

The most important thing right now, IMO, is that we extend Kroos's contract immediately...

He is a sensitive type of player, who needs the trust of his managers to perform well... we need to send out a signal that he belongs in our long-term plans... we don't want him to think he is going to be sidelined... that would be disastous IMO...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby walter » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Ok, I think I have organized my ideas to make a point or two about this transfer. First, I think he is an outstanding player with the potential to be world class, and I hope him success now that he is one of ours. The way I see him is as someone intermediate between Schweinsteiger and Goetze; that is, more offensive, quicker and technical than Schweinsteiger but not as strong defensively nor with the tactical awareness of Bastian. Better defensively compared to Goetze but not as creative on the final third.

Now, my concern is that if he is coming to Bayern it's because Guardiola has pretty much told him that he will have a spot on the starting lineup, otherwise the move doesn't make sense for Thiago. So the big question is who is he going to bench? Kroos? Muller? Goetze? Ribs? Robben? Thing is, even without Thiago it's already a headache to figure out what to do with Muller, Kroos, Goetze and Robben. Last season injuries to Robben and Kroos meant a forced rotation, which ended up working well at the end.

Furthermore, this is the player that Guardiola "really wanted." Why? is Pep going to stick to what he initially said of Bayern not needing any major changes or is he actually gonna do the opposite? I know it's early, but from what I can tell from the friendlies and training, he is gonna go for big changes and move us towards a form of Barca's tiki taka style. Do we really need big changes after winning the treble? Heynckes was smart enough to build on the foundations left by Van Gaal, but I don't see Pep doing much in that direction. Again, really early to judge anything, just some food for thought.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:45 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Thiago's medical? Also when is he expected to start training? With the Hamburg game, Barca , and BvB friendlies coming up i hope the skip the media presentation and let him get straight to work.....

I don't think he's done the medical yet.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:56 pm

walter wrote:Ok, I think I have organized my ideas to make a point or two about this transfer. First, I think he is an outstanding player with the potential to be world class, and I hope him success now that he is one of ours. The way I see him is as someone intermediate between Schweinsteiger and Goetze; that is, more offensive, quicker and technical than Schweinsteiger but not as strong defensively nor with the tactical awareness of Bastian. Better defensively compared to Goetze but not as creative on the final third.

Now, my concern is that if he is coming to Bayern it's because Guardiola has pretty much told him that he will have a spot on the starting lineup, otherwise the move doesn't make sense for Thiago. So the big question is who is he going to bench? Kroos? Muller? Goetze? Ribs? Robben? Thing is, even without Thiago it's already a headache to figure out what to do with Muller, Kroos, Goetze and Robben. Last season injuries to Robben and Kroos meant a forced rotation, which ended up working well at the end.

Furthermore, this is the player that Guardiola "really wanted." Why? is Pep going to stick to what he initially said of Bayern not needing any major changes or is he actually gonna do the opposite? I know it's early, but from what I can tell from the friendlies and training, he is gonna go for big changes and move us towards a form of Barca's tiki taka style. Do we really need big changes after winning the treble? Heynckes was smart enough to build on the foundations left by Van Gaal, but I don't see Pep doing much in that direction. Again, really early to judge anything, just some food for thought.

I dont think you need to worry about the likes of Muller and Robben they mainly play on the wings and i dont see Pep fielding Thiago there often that it would disrupt them. Thiago imo was brought in to play as a #8, atm Bayern only have two people who can successfully play that position and that is Kroos and Schweinstiger. Those are the players Thiago will have to fight for to gain a regular starting berth because personally i dont see Schweinstiger playing as a #6. We are really yet see him thrive in that position like Martinez has done for us this season and Jupp and the rest of Bayern's management knew that so they spent the 40m on Martinez. Imo if Thiago wants to cement a starting spot he has to find a way to displace Schweinstiger because i dont see Pep risking displacing Kroos who is just as young and talented with still a lot of room to grow...

Also Pep isnt making any big changes 4-1-4-1 is still a 4-3-3 based formation and the only differnece is that there wont be a double pivot like in a Jupp's 4-2-3-1. Pep said he would emphasize more on attack so he this is change is not much of a surprise. Also in the few games Bayern was down or needed a goal Jupp did use 4-1-4-1 making Martinez the lone #6 so Schweinstiger could aide in the attack...

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby walter » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:07 am

and the only differnece is that there wont be a double pivot

IMO, that's not a small difference.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:12 am

walter wrote:
and the only differnece is that there wont be a double pivot

IMO, that's not a small difference.

Well when you have a world class #6 in Martinez it may not make a difference, also this Bayern team is very flexible if the situation calls for it Pep could always switch to a double pivot if things dont work out....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:39 am

Since Thiago is sponsored by Nike remind him to wear his favorite Nike shirt to the press conference :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby walter » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:55 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Since Thiago is sponsored by Nike remind him to wear his favorite Nike shirt to the press conference :P

that would be hilarious if it happens
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby BMpenang » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:59 am

Willkommen and hope he will not be too unhappy by warming the bench.
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion