You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Thiago Alcântara [Thiago Alcântara do Nascimento]

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Jorge wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:
Bentonomo wrote:A shame the board was so cheap for letting kroos go, just compare what he did with thiago.

Did Kroos do anything in the first half? Did he have to cover for a red carded defender in the second half? There were players who costed us the game and you went ahead to blame the player who pressed Madrid and assisted our only goal.

That's the problem, a midfielder to have a good game does not have to be flashy. I will add to your remark: did Modric and Casemiro do anything in the first half? I say: YES. They kept Madrid in the game, they did not control us like in the 2nd half but with many little things they prevented our buildup to feed the front line, they let the clock run and in the first 15 minutes of the second half, when we were still 11 vs 11 they were in command and from there on, they never surrendered command. You can even say the same thing for the entire 2nd half: besides the through pass to Carvajal from Casemiro: did Kroos, Modric and Casemiro do anything extraordinary? Just enough to win the game, I guess.

No need to dumb down your argument and be cynical thinking I wanted Kroos to be "flashy" whatever that means. Kroos and Modric could barely dictate play in the first half and Thiago was giving Casemiro nightmares. I even joked that Casemiro was the one being the regista for Madrid i.e. dictating the tempo by deliberately falling over and pretending to be injured multiple times to slow down the game. Thiago was one of the better players in the first half, Kroos couldn't settle to the game as much as he wanted and Modric was trying to be the main creative outlet but he couldn't dictate by himself.

Of course this was all in the first half. It went downhill from there and I thought Modric and Kroos did superb. I won't give Casemiro any credit though, I hate that type of player the most and the one thing he did right last night was marking the absolutely shit Müller which isn't saying much.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Jorge wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:Bayerns midfield was winning vs REAL, even with an old Alonso on the team. VIdal and Thiago really played well defensively.

I dont understand how people can slate Thiago for not being able to cover for another man. F, it was carlo fault for taking a midfielder out when Javi got the red card

Uhh, I am not sure about that. First half our midfield was decent, not great. If I have to take one home from these minutes I take Robben tormenting Marcelo on the right wing throughout the first half, not necessarily our midfield buildup.

Now, let's get back to the defining minutes of the game: The first 15 minutes of the 2nd half when we were still 11 vs 11. Our midfield trio was basically outplayed off the gate by Madrid's trio: we couldn't even smell the ball. Didn't you pay attention to our players having to pull the Madrid players by the neck because they we running through freely, that led to both yellow cards and ultimately the red card.

If Thiago and Vidal had control of the game we wouldn't had put Alonso and Matinez in the situation, the fact is: Kroos-Modric, covered by Casemiro on their backs, at that point owned us.

How is owning bayern in the second half relevant to bayern winning in the first half?

In the second half, zidane changed the tactics a bit. He put Ronaldo more centrally and benzema through the left wing. In addition, Madrid were playing counter attacking football. Not like they were bypassing the midfield playing possession football. Someone on bayern lost the ball, they pass it to benzema to setup either bale or cristiano in the final third.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:25 am

So lemme get this straight.
-Guy makes a second forum account
-Claims to be a "Bayern fan"
-Comes in here and posts vulgar tweets FROM A MADRIDISTA and acts like that somehow proves ANYTHING about Thiago?

What a joke. Lemme go find a tweet from some random guy on the internet who says Thiago is better than Kroos, that should be all the proof you'd need.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 pm

This aired yesterday in Spain.

If anyone speaks Spanish, there's an interview with our entire Spanish squad (minute 14:30 onwards, with Alonso, Javi, Bernat and Thiago), I'm really curious to hear what they talk about in that segment (and the other Bayern related stuff in this video). Anyone who can help out? [-o<
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MiaSanFCB » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:50 pm

Roonzil wrote:If anyone speaks Spanish, there's an interview with our entire Spanish squad (minute 14:30 onwards, with Alonso, Javi, Bernat and Thiago), I'm really curious to hear what they talk about in that segment (and the other Bayern related stuff in this video). Anyone who can help out? [-o<

Here you have: :)

Javi begins explaining that when he came he was the only Spaniard of the squad, it was very tough for him because of the language, something Xabi Alonso agrees with. He says he had a wrong impression of German people, he thought they were boring and spent their time at home but soon realized it wasn't like this. They say that drinking a beer is very common in Germany unlike other countries and that often people invites a you a beer as it's part of the German culture.

Javi says there is a misconception regarding the Bundesliga, many people think is a weak league but they believe they are totally wrong. Teams are quite strong and they all give they 200% to in order to beat Bayern.

Xabi Alonso says in the minds of German people winning the Bundesliga is taken for granted at Bayern, the pressure is too high and you not only are expected to win but also to trash your opponents and play great football every week.

Then, Thiago explains that every three weeks all the players receive a package of around a thousand small photos of themselves to sign. He says that they usually reveive a two-week deadline to sign them all. Bernat says that If they don't sign it they are fined by the club.

Finally, Xabi says that he was unaware of the fact that everytime a fan writes a letter to the club, the club sends them one of the signed photos as a gift.
Javi jokes with Xabi saying that Bayern's fans haven't received a single Xabi's photo yet (implying that he's very slow to sign them). :lol:
Last edited by MiaSanFCB on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:53 pm

MiaSanFCB wrote:Xabi says that he was unaware of the fact that everytime a fan writes a letter to the club, the club sends them one of the signed photos as a gift.

BRB writing about 15 letters.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Roonzil » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:27 am

MiaSanFCB wrote:
Roonzil wrote:If anyone speaks Spanish, there's an interview with our entire Spanish squad (minute 14:30 onwards, with Alonso, Javi, Bernat and Thiago), I'm really curious to hear what they talk about in that segment (and the other Bayern related stuff in this video). Anyone who can help out? [-o<

Here you have: :)

Javi begins explaining that when he came he was the only Spaniard of the squad, it was very tough for him because of the language, something Xabi Alonso agrees with. He says he had a wrong impression of German people, he thought they were boring and spent their time at home but soon realized it wasn't like this. They say that drinking a beer is very common in Germany unlike other countries and that often people invites a you a beer as it's part of the German culture.

Javi says there is a misconception regarding the Bundesliga, many people think is a weak league but they believe they are totally wrong. Teams are quite strong and they all give they 200% to in order to beat Bayern.

Xabi Alonso says in the minds of German people winning the Bundesliga is taken for granted at Bayern, the pressure is too high and you not only are expected to win but also to trash your opponents and play great football every week.

Then, Thiago explains that every three weeks all the players receive a package of around a thousand small photos of themselves to sign. He says that they usually reveive a two-week deadline to sign them all. Bernat says that If they don't sign it they are fined by the club.

Finally, Xabi says that he was unaware of the fact that everytime a fan writes a letter to the club, the club sends them one of the signed photos as a gift.
Javi jokes with Xabi saying that Bayern's fans haven't received a single Xabi's photo yet (implying that he's very slow to sign them). :lol:

Bless you, thank you!!!

Always good to hear our foreign players defend the league!

Also, yip on my way to write a letter. To Xabi, let's see how long it takes.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:15 pm

What do they mean by writing a letter?

I know you can send them photos to sign and they'll send them back eventually. Is that what they're talking about?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:30 pm

DRvad14 wrote:Carlo Ancelotti behind 'best season' of my career - Bayern's Thiago Alcantara

Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara has credited coach Carlo Ancelotti as the catalyst for him having the "best season" of his career.

Thiago, 26, is in his fourth year at Bayern and has made 22 Bundesliga starts for the club this term, scoring four goals while setting up five more to help his side take a 10-point lead at the top of the table.

The Spain international has also found the back of the net twice and assisted two other goals in seven Champions League starts for Bayern during the current campaign.

"It's true that from a professional standpoint, this is my best season," Thiago told El Pais. "It's a season of maturity, of having more responsibility. If you are not crucial to your team, then football has no sense.

"I want to continue to do what I'm doing now but also improve. I want to be an important part of this group and I think I'm succeeding in doing that. I feel as though I am playing a bigger role in the team and that is crucial to having the confidence, not only of the coach, but of my teammates."

Ancelotti took charge of Bayern last summer after Pep Guardiola stepped down following three seasons to take over at Manchester City.

"Ancelotti has given me the freedom," Thiago said. "More than strategy or tactics, it has been the freedom and confidence that a coach can give you. I need that because I like to analyse the game, to have tactical rigour, to read a game.

"He [Ancelotti] allows you to do that because he tells you four minor things so that you can interpret it in your way. He transmits that everything is everyone's, that the fault is of everyone and he gives you that freedom so that you can become responsible.Thiago came through the youth ranks at Barca when Guardiola was in charge of the Catalan club and chose to follow in his footsteps by signing for Bayern in 2013.

Thiago says he feels fortunate to have been coached by two of the best managers in the game.

"They [Guardiola and Ancelotti] won everything as players and as coaches," he said. "They have that calmness of those that know what players are thinking because they have played the game. But they have different characters. They are both great coaches but see football in a totally different way."

Thiago says Ancelotti's arrival at Bayern has benefitted players in his position.

"We went from playing a 4-3-3 to now playing a 4-2-3-1 formation," he said. "From a tactical standpoint, Ancelotti has given more freedom for those midfield players. We are now able to move forward more. Arturo [Vidal] and I can move a lot more freely."

Bayern currently remain on course for a Bundesliga, Champions League and DFB Pokal Treble. They are through to the semifinals of the DFB Pokal and face Borussia Dortmund later this month, while they meet Real Madrid in the Champions League quarterfinal first leg on Wednesday.

"He doesn't talk in vain," Thiago said of Ancelotti. "He makes himself understood in every language. He doesn't speak much but when he talks, everyone listens and it's because he has something important to say.

"More than his talks, the words and the jokes he tells, he is able to find that difference between being a coach and someone who is there with you every day and asks about your life. He has had players with difficult characters to deal with throughout his career but all of them speak well of him. That is very unusual.""

For me the biggest factor for his performances hasn't been Ancelotti but rather the fact that he's been physically fit for a longer time than his average Bayern season, because if he suffered a long-term injury that made him miss 3/4ths of the season (like he's had in the past), it wouldn't have mattered who his coach was at the time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

His performance was confusing as ****.

He actually covered the most distance out of the Bayern players, only second on the pitch to Casemiro. What I saw was him running up and down the pitch a lot, and because of that couldn't focus on a single phase of play. He also did a lot of chasing and defensive work, probably has to do with Vidal's mess tonight. Alonso was good when it came to it, but also pressed a lot so Thiago had to drop deep when he shouldn't. What we saw of his better performances this season was when he was either playing the mobile regista role or when he was given the license to roam and affect the final phase of play. Tonight he spent too much time running and couldn't impact any phases, also signified by our wing-heavy attack. Really disappointing.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:His performance was confusing as ****.

He actually covered the most distance out of the Bayern players, only second on the pitch to Casemiro. What I saw was him running up and down the pitch a lot, and because of that couldn't focus on a single phase of play. He also did a lot of chasing and defensive work, probably has to do with Vidal's mess tonight. Alonso was good when it came to it, but also pressed a lot so Thiago had to drop deep when he shouldn't. What we saw of his better performances this season was when he was either playing the mobile regista role or when he was given the license to roam and affect the final phase of play. Tonight he spent too much time running and couldn't impact any phases, also signified by our wing-heavy attack. Really disappointing.

I can't blame Alonso as it's not his fault as to where he's played and the role he's given but those two cannot play on the pitch together.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MoFattal » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:19 am

sherpthederp wrote:those two cannot play on the pitch together.

This. They take away each other's roles rather than complement each other. Only one of them should be playing next to Vidal to get the best out of each. That's why I think Thiago will be even more key for us next season with Alonso's burden taken off Carlo's shoulders.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Larhm » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:46 am

I thought he did well. Went about his duties quietly without error, no excuses for the shitty refs to give unnecessary bookings.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby endrity » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:59 pm

He has highs and lows within the game. Ran a lot, covered a lot of ground, and extended a lot of plays. But also conceded some very stupid passes and lost possession a few too many times. He is a bit too cocky for his own good, he needs to calm down and at times see that like Kroos or Xavi, you don't have to be flashy to control the midfield.

And just like with Vidal, I think he got too tired covering up ground for Alonso.

I hope next season he continues his growth. Hopefully and Vidal can still keep going at this level.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext