You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sven Ulreich

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sven Ulreich

Postby JJJ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Now that he's proved himself greatly, I'd give him all the DFB Pokal games when Neuer has returned and is fully fit (I mean from starting the next season), adding couple league games aswell to rotate and rest Manu.

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk
Kraft
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Schöpf, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can, Contento
Müller, Wagner

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:30 pm

All dfb pokal?, no thanks.

If we have a Manuel Neuer fit for play a quarterfinal, semifinal or a final against Leipzig, Schalke, Dortmund or other good German teams, then use Neuer.

For keep Ulreich in form, we can use him for Bundesliga games against bad teams where our players are enough for obtain the 3 points and Ulreich can keep happy and in form for having minutes.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:47 am

Why do you hate the gerund?

I think Neuer will play the vast majority if he gets back to his normal form...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:12 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:All dfb pokal?, no thanks.
If we have a Manuel Neuer fit for play a quarterfinal, semifinal or a final against Leipzig, Schalke, Dortmund or other good German teams, then use Neuer.
For keep Ulreich in form, we can use him for Bundesliga games against bad teams where our players are enough for obtain the 3 points and Ulreich can keep happy and in form for having minutes.

Why not? He has shown that he is more than capable to compete against any top German side.
Pokal games should on Ulreich and some of Bundesliga games, he is not Neuer level and he'll never be(himself acknowledges that too) but for me he by far the best 2nd GK for Bayern as far as I remember.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm

Achilles wrote:Pokal games should on Ulreich and some of Bundesliga games, he is not Neuer level and he'll never be(himself acknowledges that too) but for me he by far the best 2nd GK for Bayern as far as I remember.

I think that's biased because he's played much more than any of the others. I'm not sure he's better than Butt when Butt was our #1 and playing just as regularly. I also doubt he is better than Reina, who never really played for us.

But Ulreich has done very, very well in the circumstances. I still think he was overperforming in some of his most brilliant games this season, but he has generally maintained a very good form over a significant length of time now.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Achilles wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:All dfb pokal?, no thanks.

Why not? He has shown that he is more than capable to compete against any top German side.
Pokal games should on Ulreich and some of Bundesliga games, he is not Neuer level and he'll never be(himself acknowledges that too) but for me he by far the best 2nd GK for Bayern as far as I remember.

I understand your point, but I think that bayern has to play with their best lineup in the final rounds of the pokal, those games are more important than playing against koln, freiburg, mainz, etc in a bundesliga game at allianz arena.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Fair enough, Butt though was first choice and Reina didn't offer something significant, many blunders actually, Starke looked more solid to me. Ulreich played a big part to our comeback and winning streak while being second choice.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 pm

I am 90% sure that Neuer will not appear for the CL QF and he will mostly be back by mid April.

In that case, Ulreich will need to step up big time. CL QF this season will in all likelihood have; Tottenham or Juve, Real Madrid or PSG, Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, Man United and Roma or Shaktar.

If Bayern can get Roma/Shaktar that would be a dream draw, but in an open draw the likelihood of that happening are very less. So that means two legs against some really tough opponents. Sven better be up for it!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:32 am

I'm confused: very less is a typo isn’t it?

As for your assumption: I don’t think the Manu-factor would be so big in a QF against RM or whoever, meaning: if he doesn’t make big mistakes, our chance of progressing will not change significantly... Especially since Neuer hasn’t kept goal in basically 18 months...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:52 am

#12 wrote:I'm confused: very less is a typo isn’t it?

As for your assumption: I don’t think the Manu-factor would be so big in a QF against RM or whoever, meaning: if he doesn’t make big mistakes, our chance of progressing will not change significantly... Especially since Neuer hasn’t kept goal in basically 18 months...

What?! :wtf: Neuer was fine about a year ago and was in goal for Bayern in the Ro16 fixtures against Arsenal. If my memory serves me right, Neuer’s injury issues started in late March after we had been drawn against Real Madrid. I think you’re the one who committed the typo.

As for Neuer being a factor, it is 50/50. While it is true that Neuer hasn’t played consistently in a very long time now and he will be rusty when he is back but it cannot be denied that his return in goal would play on the opponent’s mind. If Neuer can hit the ground running then with his presence in goal, ability to deal with set pieces, distribute the ball, act as a sweeper and his saves would make the team much better.

Lastly, no it wasn’t a typing error. In an open draw the chances of facing every team are equal but if Shaktar/Roma is to be the preferred opponent then drawing them over the remaining six teams is very unlikely. It is possible but highly improbable.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:53 am

Well it’s 33% for one of them if I‘m not mistaken? That’s not toooo shabby...
And "fine" is something else in my book... He played a couple of games, yes, but I was aiming at regular match practice...
We need to be able to score away first and foremost if we want to win anything in this competition - and that’s not Neuers task...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Ulreich is more than good enough for Man United, Liverpool, Juve, and maybe Tottenham imo. Not having Neuer will always be a disadvantage especially against the big teams but we can manage nonetheless.

I'm concerned about whether Neuer will return to top level this season too, btw.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm concerned about whether Neuer will return to top level this season too, btw.

If Neuer returns to 80% of his former self, he'd still be the best goalkeeper in the world :coffee:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Ulreich is more than good enough for Man United, Liverpool, Juve, and maybe Tottenham imo. Not having Neuer will always be a disadvantage especially against the big teams but we can manage nonetheless.

I'm concerned about whether Neuer will return to top level this season too, btw.

Not against Liverpool and Tottenham. Their front players are on fire. Sven would have to be at 200% against the top quality attacks (Barca, Citeh, Liverpool, Real, etc.)
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Let's be honest. It's going to be Ulreich for the rest of the season. Ought to start accepting it now.....
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion