You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sven Ulreich

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sven Ulreich

Postby bastos80 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Last night was his chance to become the 3rd GK for Germany. After that blunder, I'm afraid he no longer has the chance to do so. Unfortunately, this will be the "highlight" of his career with Neuer returning to take his spot next season.

Yes, once he hangs up his boots, people will remember Ulreich for this blunder.

Even before that. Do you think anyone but us Bayern fans (and maybe other Bundesliga fans) has any idea how good he's been?

I saw a comment this morning under the picture of him sitting on the pitch, alone, that he's the worst back-up someone has ever seen.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 4:56 pm

I mean....he's our second choice, and I'd still rather play him than Bürki, who's dortmund's first choice. That says a lot to me

(though not sure if it says more about Ulreich or Dortmund...)
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

That right there is mia san mia! We ride together, we die together!

They played Keylor freaking Navas who gifted us a goal as well, if you remember... So we only scored twice on frickin' Navas: it’s not Ulle's fault!

Javi still not speaking German?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 02, 2018 9:53 pm

aterford wrote:I mean....he's our second choice, and I'd still rather play him than Bürki, who's dortmund's first choice. That says a lot to me

(though not sure if it says more about Ulreich or Dortmund...)
Dortmund. Bürki is incredibly bad, no clue why BVB haven't gotten a better GK. There are plenty in the BuLi.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby bmguy » Thu May 03, 2018 5:16 am

Ulreich must leave, many clubs would love to have him as number 1, he's at least better than the shits in Dortmund, his best chance to become a Neuer contender is to join Dortmund.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Thu May 03, 2018 5:29 am

aterford wrote:Truth be told if you can't clear it with your feet then you pick it up. I will take my chances with the indirect free kick there EVERY TIME vs allowing the ball to roll in front of a wide open goal. Pick your poison I guess, tough call to make in the moment, but if that indirect free kick was a 75% chance they score, that's still about 24% better than the alternative...

^This^

Whenever in doubt or under immense high pressure from the opponent in your own half, just blast the ball away as far away from goal in any possible direction.

I believe and hope that Ulreich’s mistake has laid down this marker for all modern day goalkeepers in an era when everyone seems to be obsessed with playing out of the back.

I think by this singular error he has blown his WC chance away. Löw didn’t even pick him in March and chose Trapp over him. No fûcking way does this mistake convince Löw otherwise. BTW, Liverpool’s German GK will be playing a CL final...
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Thu May 03, 2018 5:37 am

Effenberg777 wrote:I m.not so sure the 2nd goal.was his ONLY blame, in my opinion he should had done more on all goals. comparing.
the goal.keepers level was so different that he looked like a 3rd division keeper in both games. out of 5 6 shots or balls he got 4 goals.

This too I agree with. I think Neuer would’ve done better on Marcelo’s goal in the first leg. These two legs were Sven’s big chance to book his tickets to Russia. Unfortunately it looks like he’s screwed it up big time! :(
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:37 am

Again.... Tolisso surprised the shit out of everyone with that unexpected ugly back pass...
He reminded me of how Ronaldinho used to fake his passing, looking into a direction and pass the ball the opposite direction to where he was looking.
Not saying that Sven was not equal responsible but Tolisso started it all...
IMO he did a Rafinha in Munich

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu May 03, 2018 6:43 am

Wasn’t the best back pass from Tolisso but that was an ugly brain fart from Sven.

He could’ve blasted the ball anywhere away from goal or even handled it. I’d rather have Bayern defend an indirect free kick with eleven players in the box than give RM’s No. 9 an empty net.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Ed. » Thu May 03, 2018 6:53 am

Feel bad for the guy. He seems like a very likeable bloke.

I don't know if he should continue at Bayern as no 2) though. He is a decent enough shot stopper for a no 2) but there is something about his demeanor on the pitch which betrays a lack of self confidence in his merit to be playing out there.

Tolisso is absolutely blameless. We all agree the pass was underhit but Ulreich had his eyes on the play the whole time. Tolliso, Alaba and Sule I think were in a corner with Madrid pressing. From that position, he should expect that he would be called upon as an outlet. His mind should have already been prepared.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Thu May 03, 2018 11:27 am

Ed. wrote:Feel bad for the guy. He seems like a very likeable bloke.

I don't know if he should continue at Bayern as no 2) though. He is a decent enough shot stopper for a no 2) but there is something about his demeanor on the pitch which betrays a lack of self confidence in his merit to be playing out there.

Tolisso is absolutely blameless. We all agree the pass was underhit but Ulreich had his eyes on the play the whole time. Tolliso, Alaba and Sule I think were in a corner with Madrid pressing. From that position, he should expect that he would be called upon as an outlet. His mind should have already been prepared.

It's hard to ask for more from a back-up keeper, let's be honest. If Ulreich was more than "a shot stopper" (I actually think he has done more for us than being just that), he would probably be a starter for some Top-7 team in the Bundesliga.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dalv » Thu May 03, 2018 11:51 am

Please dont find excuses for Ulreich. Even a 7th goalkeeper should have managed that basic ball. He is a proffesional footballer, he is paid as such, so stop with the 2nd GK excuse. That was a total amateur mistake, a completely embarrasing mistake unseen at such a level. Even I could have easily managed that joke of a ball while eating a **** sandwich. He should suffer for that and be punished.

And dont feel sorry for him either. Reality check for you guys, he doesnt give a **** about any of the fans and his ridiculous mistake, he is now counting his money and planning his next luxury summer vacation.

If that’s nomal for a 2nd GK at Bayern, it means every random twat in this world could have this job.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ollio » Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Dalv wrote:Please dont find excuses for Ulreich. Even a 7th goalkeeper should have managed that basic ball. He is a proffesional footballer, he is paid as such, so stop with the 2nd GK excuse. That was a total amateur mistake, a completely embarrasing mistake unseen at such a level. Even I could have easily managed that joke of a ball while eating a **** sandwich. He should suffer for that and be punished.

And dont feel sorry for him either. Reality check for you guys, he doesnt give a **** about any of the fans and his ridiculous mistake, he is now counting his money and planning his next luxury summer vacation.

If that’s nomal for a 2nd GK at Bayern, it means every random twat in this world could have this job.

That's some millenial style internet bullying bullshit right there, and very personal. I think everyone agrees he should've handled that pass, but where on earth do you base your claim that he doesn't give a ****? You're going with personal insults here. He's a guy who's unexpectedly had a year in his career he's only dared to dream of, and had a nightmare ending to it.

The slip was a totally unnecessary unprofessional f*ckup, but you're just making stuff up. We're talking about a human being here, one who's worked a lot for our favorite club. So stop acting like a dick and act like an adult.
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby aterford » Fri May 04, 2018 5:31 am

Dalv wrote:And dont feel sorry for him either. Reality check for you guys, he doesnt give a **** about any of the fans and his ridiculous mistake, he is now counting his money and planning his next luxury summer vacation.

Where the hell did you come up with this nonsense?

Are we just making things up for fun? If so, I heard Ulreich actually got Mia San Mia tattooed on his hindquarters, he's changed his diet to only Weisswurst and Paulaner, and he wrote in his will to be buried in his Bayern kit.
See how easy that is?
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Dalv » Fri May 04, 2018 6:15 am

Where am I basing my claim? On the fact the useless clown is still at bayern training with the teammates he shat on 2 days ago and receiving payment for a job (footballer) totally beyond him, instead of resigning and fecking off from the club he also shat on.

If he had any shame in him he would have resigned before being sacked, which is what normally happens when you shit on your job with your incompetence. But hey, where other teams would sack such a joker, we will blow sunshine up his ass and be the very clowns of europe next years as well. “Theres always next season”
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion