You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sven Ulreich

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sven Ulreich

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 4:34 am

Lahmies wrote:I’m worried about what this will do to his confidence, which was getting better under Jupp but now...who knows.

Well, with our luck, Neuer will probably be healthy and ready to go tomorrow.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 7:47 am

aterford wrote:
Lahmies wrote:I’m worried about what this will do to his confidence, which was getting better under Jupp but now...who knows.

Well, with our luck, Neuer will probably be healthy and ready to go tomorrow.
With our 'luck', Neuer will miss next season too. Bye bye Russia for Ulreich, his overperforming was good while it lasted.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Why did he think about picking the ball up with his hand when he had plenty of space to easily clear the ball with his left foot?[/youtube]

When he saw the ball coming he thought of picking up the ball and when he realised he couldn't as it was a backpass it was too late and panicked.
I get what you are saying. Was Ulreich not paying attention to who actually passed the ball to even think about picking up the ball in the first place? Did he think that a Madrid player played the ball instead but then realised it was from Tolisso? Because this part doesn't make sense at all. Just bafflling. I mean there are some keepers who would have also cleared the ball with their feet even if the ball was played by the opponent in that situation.

He was like: I am going down for this ball. Wait a minute, this is a back pass from Tolisso. Nope. Not going to grab it. Let me try to scissors kick it from the ground. Oops. I f*cked up. Now I am going to shout at Tolisso to hide my bad decision making. :(

Tolisso shouldn't have blindly passed the ball like that but it was a manageable situation. Anyway no point going on about it. Was just curious about his thought process.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed May 02, 2018 12:53 pm

I still love him. I know he didn't mean to fail but we gotta take it out on somebody. He must understand the frustration we got.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby Effenberg777 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:25 pm

I m.not so sure the 2nd goal.was his ONLY blame, in my opinion he should had done more on all goals. comparing.
the goal.keepers level was so different that he looked like a 3rd division keeper in both games. out of 5 6 shots or balls he got 4 goals.
Effenberg777
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby bmguy » Wed May 02, 2018 1:47 pm

The feeling might be horrible for him, this is the first time he ever experienced such a high class match in his career.

IMO, he's a very good GK, with more exp, he'll can become the number 3 GK for Germany.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 02, 2018 2:06 pm

Last night was his chance to become the 3rd GK for Germany. After that blunder, I'm afraid he no longer has the chance to do so. Unfortunately, this will be the "highlight" of his career with Neuer returning to take his spot next season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed May 02, 2018 2:09 pm

bmguy wrote:Image
The feeling might be horrible for him, this is the first time he ever experienced such a high class match in his career.

IMO, he's a very good GK, with more exp, he'll can become the number 3 GK for Germany.

He's almost 30 years old mostly as Stuttgart's #1. What kind of experience you want for him? There is obviously a level of skill difference. I don't blame him. He's decent goalie but not a #1 material for championship teams. Sadly he won't get better than this.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby kod2600 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:12 pm

He did his best while Neuer was away. Greater keepers made greater mistakes in equally important games. He pissed me off but I'm grateful for what he did while Neuer was away.

If we had real men in the front we could've went through and forgot this mistake.

Danke, Sven.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 2:20 pm

bmguy wrote:Image

Major respect to him for reacting in this way. Then you have players like Lewandowski and Muller who are at least equally responsible for the elimination who either don't care or prefer to joke around with the opponents' captain.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed May 02, 2018 3:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I probably overreacted after his mistake in the chat, but yeah.. that's probably because i'm one of the most emotional fans of the team..

I saw what he wrote, and i like the comments from James,Javi,Boateng backing him up..

Still, after all i'm thankful for him for his great games with Bayern under Jupp, because if someone had told me before the season that he would be one of our key players this year..I would not believe him.

Respect, Sven.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 3:38 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Still, after all i'm thankful for him for his great games with Bayern under Jupp, because if someone had told me before the season that he would be one of our key players this year..I would not believe him.

Respect, Sven.

This among other things.

Imagine someone saying in early October that we'd be in the UCL semifinals and shut down Ronaldo and hold them to a 2-2 draw at the Bernabeu with Ulreich being our GK for basically the whole season.
I'd have laughed them out of the place.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 3:39 pm

MoFattal wrote:Last night was his chance to become the 3rd GK for Germany. After that blunder, I'm afraid he no longer has the chance to do so. Unfortunately, this will be the "highlight" of his career with Neuer returning to take his spot next season.

Yes, once he hangs up his boots, people will remember Ulreich for this blunder.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 02, 2018 4:50 pm

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Last night was his chance to become the 3rd GK for Germany. After that blunder, I'm afraid he no longer has the chance to do so. Unfortunately, this will be the "highlight" of his career with Neuer returning to take his spot next season.

Yes, once he hangs up his boots, people will remember Ulreich for this blunder.

Even before that. Do you think anyone but us Bayern fans (and maybe other Bundesliga fans) has any idea how good he's been?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion