You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Stefan Effenberg

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Stefan Effenberg

Postby AdepT » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:27 am

Last to last season Effe was on about how Lahm and Schweini are not mentally tough enough to lead the team.
Last season we were perfect, I mean perfect. And he didn't praise the team especially Lahm and Schweini. :o
Now, that it looked a bit shaky with system changes and injuries, Effe has come back again. :D
A hard man to please, isn't he! :|
Well, at least he's not questioning team's mental strength now. :wink:
I would call that an improvement.

He's our very own 'Sammer' or rather Sammer is an 'Effe'-mould. :?
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Perhaps Effenberg is bitter that Guardiola pepped (sorry, I mean pipped) him to the Bayern coaching role?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 pm

I don't think Effe has any such delusions just yet.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:47 am

I thought the comments made by Effenberg were un called for, Pep is the manager and last time i checked the manager decides who takes PKs so he doesnt have to explain himself. Him and Mathauss seem to competing for the "idiot of the year" award! [-X [-X [-X
The German believes the Spaniard has some explaining to do after denying Arjen Robben the chance to take a penalty in favour of Thomas Muller

Stefan Effenberg has hit out at Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola following his decision to deny Arjen Robben the opportunity to take a penalty in Saturday's 4-1 win over Mainz and hand the ball to Thomas Muller instead.

The Dutchman was ready to step up for his second goal of the afternoon after a foul on Bastian Schweinsteiger, only for Guardiola to get involved on the sidelines and tell Muller to take the spot kick, and the former Germany international feels the Spanish coach has some explaining to do.

"You don't want to go through something like this in front of 80,000 people," Effenberg told Sky.

"You have the ball in your hands and are ready to take a spot kick, full of confidence, and then your coach steps up like a schoolteacher telling you to give it to Muller.

"That's very bitter for any player and a bad situation to be in.

"You have to explain these kinds of decisions as a coach. You're obliged to do that. You cannot just say: 'I'm the coach and I make the decisions.'"

Muller converted the spot kick to make it 4-1 and effectively put the match to bed.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/10/21/4348225/effenberg-slams-schoolteacher-guardiola?ICID=SP
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby jrm13 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:04 am

100% agreed. Effenberg is entitled to his own opinion, sure, but these comments are just wrong and idiotic. The coach decides who is the PK taker, and Pep's first choices are Alaba and Müller. Robben himself shouldn't have even tried to take it, he should've picked up the ball and handed it right to Müller.
jrm13
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:53 pm

I cannot understand all the hate directed towards Pep for this incident.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Wish i was old enough to watch him play :shock:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bazi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:10 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Wish i was old enough to watch him play :shock:

Na you don't. He wasn't really playing that well for Bayern. His first stay was a major misunderstanding which is why he fled as fast as he could.

During the second stay he was always questioned, criticized and marked as too inconsistent and unworthy of the title 'heir to Lothar Matthäus'.

We only remember him so well because his leadership played a key role in our 2000/2001 CL campaign.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MatZam » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:55 am

Had a brilliant long pass.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:10 am

Bazi wrote:

Na you don't. He wasn't really playing that well for Bayern. His first stay was a major misunderstanding which is why he fled as fast as he could.

During the second stay he was always questioned, criticized and marked as too inconsistent and unworthy of the title 'heir to Lothar Matthäus'.

We only remember him so well because his leadership played a key role in our 2000/2001 CL campaign.

You.... y.... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!

I consider Effenberg the greatest player I have ever seen playing (I don't remember Maradona that well), and I certainly rate him much more than Zidane due to him having all-round skills.

Exceptional leader, exceptional passes, exceptional free kicks, exceptional tackling, exceptional crosses, exceptional teamwork, exceptional stamina, exceptional aggression, exceptional workrate, good dribbling, exceptional long shots, great heading.

Seriously, I have yet to see any player who is/was HALF as complete as Effenberg :)

If it wasn't for his incident in USA '94, I'm pretty sure that he would have captained Germany to a World Cup 2002 triumph.

PS: with Matthäus we lost a CL final, with Effenberg we won it. Effenberg later poked fun at Matthäus saying that if it was him being called off, he'd never have accepted to come off. And I believe him.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:28 am

MUTU wrote:I certainly rate him much more than Zidane due to him having all-round skills.

well that escalated quickly.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:38 am

quaazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:I certainly rate him much more than Zidane due to him having all-round skills.

well that escalated quickly.

Any trouble with that statement sir? Do you seriously think Zidane has better all-round skills? They were both central attacking midfielders mostly. Let's test their all-round skills: If you were a coach and you needed a player to fill in someone to play in CENTRAL DEFENCE, and you have an option between playing Effenberg in his prime and Zidane in his prime. And no, you cannot ask them to roam around but remain playing in central defence. Who would you choose?

For me: Effenberg, hands down.
Full back? same
DM? same
maybe as an out-and-out striker, I'd give Zidane the nod, but overall I'd choose Effenberg for most positions on the pitch over Zidane.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dalv » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Effenberg played this game when gods walked the Earth, what he did on the pitch... stuff of legends. WORD
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:14 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bazi wrote:

You.... y.... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!

I consider Effenberg the greatest player I have ever seen playing (I don't remember Maradona that well), and I certainly rate him much more than Zidane due to him having all-round skills.

Exceptional leader, exceptional passes, exceptional free kicks, exceptional tackling, exceptional crosses, exceptional teamwork, exceptional stamina, exceptional aggression, exceptional workrate, good dribbling, exceptional long shots, great heading.

Seriously, I have yet to see any player who is/was HALF as complete as Effenberg :)

If it wasn't for his incident in USA '94, I'm pretty sure that he would have captained Germany to a World Cup 2002 triumph.

PS: with Matthäus we lost a CL final, with Effenberg we won it. Effenberg later poked fun at Matthäus saying that if it was him being called off, he'd never have accepted to come off. And I believe him.

here (then) one of my fav player said his thoughts about Lothar's substitution
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:08 pm

And here's what the determined and passionate Effenberg had to say:

"He's a real quitter," Effenberg called his former team mate in an extract of his autobiography published on Friday by top-selling daily Bild.

Bayern were leading 1-0 courtesy of a Mario Basler goal when Matthaeus came off to be replaced by Thorsten Fink with 10 minutes of regular time left.

Substitute strikers Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer then scored for Manchester United in injury time.

"I still don't understand today why he left his place to Thorsten Fink in the 80th minute," Effenberg, the enfant terrible of German football, wrote in his book, entitled I Showed Them All.

"We were leading 1-0 and we had to hold on to that lead. How can you let yourself be substituted when you're the libero? I would have rather broken my leg." [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion