You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rudy

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Sebastian Rudy

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Welcome to F.C. Bayern Munich
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Sebastian Rudy

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:17 pm

What fo you think about Rudy's game againts Chile? I really liked his smart tactical moves in the center of the game. I think he will be the cleanest mind in our midlfield next year, and will surprise some people. Thiago will bring class, Vidal atittude, Toliso phisical strenght and penetration, Sanches an unknow, but Rudy may be that clear and cold mind in the middle when he will play. :)
Mircea_1984
Getting the hang of it

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:32 pm

I thought he's bang average.
Didn't really show anything any of our midfielders couldn't do to be honest.
inactive
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:45 pm

bastos80 wrote:I thought he's bang average.

I think all the midlfielders that we currently have are more talented and more complete, but on is a warrior, one is an artist, one is stamina, one is young, one is good passing, but Rudy surely has nothing on them, except the fact that he is very calm and smart, the typcal mediocre german player but armed with calmness and smartnes. He has no speed and no brilliance, and neither goals, but even his lateral and back passes are more cerebral. He makes mistakes too, but from all of them he resembles about Lahm in the midlfield.
Mircea_1984
Getting the hang of it

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:48 pm

A few days ago I said he didn't show anything special in the Confederations Cup, but I'm slowly starting to change my opinion after his performance today

For sure he isn't and will never be a world class player, but he has something that we are lacking at the moment with Alonso's retirement. He is aggresive but not hot headed and one of those players who can make unlimited fouls without being yellow carded... and yet he has good ball skills and can read the game.

He seems to be one of those players that will always perform 7/10. Nothing better and nothing worse.

I can't imagine Pep making this transfer happen, but I can see the reason why Ancelotti would have wanted him.

I'm happy with Rudy 8)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:53 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:A few days ago I said he didn't show anything special in the Confederations Cup, but I'm slowly starting to change my opinion after his performance today

For sure he isn't and will never be a world class player, but he has something that we are lacking at the moment with Alonso's retirement. He is aggresive but not hot headed and one of those players who can make unlimited fouls without being yellow carded... and yet he has good ball skills and can read the game.

He seems to be one of those players that will always perform 7/10. Nothing better and nothing worse.

I can't imagine Pep making this transfer happen, but I can see the reason why Ancelotti would have wanted him.

I'm happy with Rudy 8)

Yes, exactly what Im thinking. Vital is hot headed, Thiago is class and brilliance, Tolliso phisical strenght and penetration, Sanchez at best is stamina and mini Vidal, Rudy is an averege player, like an old fashion disel engine which goes uninterupted with 80 km/h 1.0000.000 km by making no act of brilliance, by doing nothing special, but keep it clean and tidy with little effort on the long term. He is surely not a Sebastian Rode reloaded.
Mircea_1984
Getting the hang of it

Postby mats19 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Mircea_1984 wrote:Rudy is an averege player, like an old fashion disel engine which goes uninterupted with 80 km/h 1.0000.000 km by making no act of brilliance, by doing nothing special, but keep it clean and tidy with little effort on the long term. He is surely not a Sebastian Rode reloaded.

Hahahaha
Best player drescription I've seen
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Coman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:04 pm

He had a great tournament too and coudl be useful for Bayern.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Tolisso) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:33 pm

mats19 wrote:
Mircea_1984 wrote:Rudy is an averege player, like an old fashion disel engine which goes uninterupted with 80 km/h 1.0000.000 km by making no act of brilliance, by doing nothing special, but keep it clean and tidy with little effort on the long term. He is surely not a Sebastian Rode reloaded.

Hahahaha

Was an irony or you were speaking seriously? I hope the second choice :lol:

Look what Low said after the game, this night: Löw: "This calmness that Rudy has on the ball is already impressive. He is very important for the game of defense in the attack." :P
Mircea_1984
Getting the hang of it

Postby mats19 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Mircea_1984 wrote:
mats19 wrote:

Hahahaha

Was an irony or you were speaking seriously? I hope the second choice :lol:

Look what Low said after the game, this night: Löw: "This calmness that Rudy has on the ball is already impressive. He is very important for the game of defense in the attack." :P

Surely the second!
I agree, he's very calm with the ball, but sometimes he got sleepy and looses it.. anyway, I like him a lot
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Since he was a free transfer there is not much to lose, let's see if he can at least be a decent rotation player...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Mani » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:33 pm

He is good for rotation, nothing more than that
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:01 am

Not only rotation. I think he can be very good in tough away games or specific situations like when we need to add some strength to the midfield when we are one goal up in the last 15 mins. Sub him in for Thiago or an attacking player and we will have a stronger midfield to mantain the lead. He doesn't have Thiago's creativity, but for sure he won't lose possession. Also he will stop the game fouling when needed.

He came on a free transfer so I rate this as a very good move by our board. =D>
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:48 am

YlonenXabi wrote:A few days ago I said he didn't show anything special in the Confederations Cup, but I'm slowly starting to change my opinion after his performance today

I'm happy with Rudy 8)

A useful player... the last piece of the puzzle...

I have a feeling that if we play 4-3-3 Rudy will be a starter.... Vidal will lose his starting spot...

Tolisso Rudy Thiago

Vidal Martinez Renato (as their natural subs)
Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:42 am

bastos80 wrote:I thought he's bang average.

This. A good backup, nothing more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion