You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rudy

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sebastian Rudy

Postby endrity » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm

I'll be honest, at 27 I thought he was going to be Rode 2.0. He is sooo much better, his technical skills alone are enough to make him deserve a place for Bayern and Germany.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:30 pm

And By George what a shot he has. All those volleys and cannonballs were bound to find the back of the net at some point. I think he is unlucky not to have scored much more this season. He's our best free transfer since Olic.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby prasun77 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 pm

MUTU wrote:And By George what a shot he has. All those volleys and cannonballs were bound to find the back of the net at some point. I think he is unlucky not to have scored much more this season. He's our best free transfer since Olic.

PARDON???????????????? :evil: :evil:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:25 pm

MUTU wrote:And By George what a shot he has. All those volleys and cannonballs were bound to find the back of the net at some point. I think he is unlucky not to have scored much more this season. He's our best free transfer since Olic.

JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:02 am

#12 wrote:

whoops
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Indeed he is a very accurate shooter and passer, he has come a long way from a classic DM to a more all around midfielder.
I don't know what Jupp have in his mind but Rudy's abilities are made for what we're playing he seems extremely comfortable with a 3-man midfield and I suppose he can work pretty good as a CM with Vidal or Javi next to him while Thiago/James will be at #10.

Hope Jupp would give him a shot, he looks in fine form

------- Lewandowski -------
Coman -- Thiago -- Robben
------- Rudy ---- Vidal ------
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby America USA » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:19 pm

It would be a miscarriage of justice if Martinez is played ahead of Rudy in midfield. Vidal and Tolisso maybe I can understand but at present Javi has no business starting ahead of Rudy as defensive mid.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Everything he's said so far suggest he's trying to resurrect the 2012/13 team. Re-establishing old hierarchies, Müller is going to have a leading role, Robben is still a great player, Ribery is going to work out fine again, we don't need a nutritionist or a sports psychologist or any other of that new-fangled scientific stuff... we're just going to turn back the wheel of time for five years.

So don't be surprised if he starts Martinez over Rudy, Ribery (once he's fit again) over Coman, and Müller over James no matter what happens.

I know it borders on blasphemy but my stance was and still is that appointing Heynckes was just another step of taking the club "back to the roots", or backwards rather than forward.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:34 am

It was... Jupp is untouchable however... It's our management...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:40 am

I don’t have have problems with Jupp trying to resurrect the 2013 Bayern, in fact I’d love it if he could that.

However times have changed and the personnel too needs to adjust accordingly. Expecting Robben and Robert to play like 3-4 years ago consistently is not realistic. Robben is still good but he’s nowhere near his prime years.
James shouldn’t be snubbed simply because he’s new or Carlo brought him, same goes for Tolisso. That’d be idiotic if not outright insane.

Also, playing Javi ahead of Rudy as defensive mid goes against all reason and logic and can only be justified on sentimental/nostalgic grounds.
Firstly, Rudy is presently a much better option than Martinez for that role. Rudy is younger than Javi and has a bit more pace too. Martinez hasn’t played in the midfield competitively for more than four seasons now and at a time when Bayern are looking for immediate results (5 points of in the BL, must win Cup/CL games against Leipzig and Celtic) reintroducing Javi in midfield could backfire big time. This is not the best time to leave out an in form def mid like Rudy and instead play Martinez simply based on past laurels and emotional reasons.

Lastly many users over here seem to be romanticizing Javi and are very conveniently forgetting that during the treble winning season he was 24. Today he is 29 and has played exclusively as a CB for quite some time now. Don’t get me wrong, I like Martinez too, but a spade needs to be called a spade.

As of today October 2017, Sebastian Rudy is a better choice as defensive midfielder ahead of Javi Martinez. IMHO, Javi doesn’t fit into the first starting eleven anymore. If everyone is fit then Thiago, Thomas, James, Vidal, Rudy, Tolisso* are all better than him in the midfield and I’m pretty sure Boateng/Hummels will partner up as Central defenders when both are available. Guys this is 2017. Javi should only be used in midfield for rotation or if there’s an injury crisis.

*Saw France against Bulgaria and Tolisso was France’s best midfielder. He was challenging and tackling everywhere on the pitch. I’d say if given the chance he can develop as a very good midfielder for Bayern.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:53 am

As things stands now Thiago & James are first in the pecking order compared to Muller for me.
I'm in favor giving Muller 3-4 games with new old coach to pick up his form and mentality but that's all if he doesn't perform he must be dropped for the sake of the team. Hopefully Muller will become functional as he always was until Ancelotti came in if Jupp manages that then we're very close to become an offensive monster once again.

The Javi-Rudy thing is not the real question because a fit Vidal is playing under Heynckes 99%
All these years I don't like the duo of Vidal-Thiago, I think something is missing there but it seems that we will stick with that, I personally would fit Rudy in there to cover them up. If Heynckes has decided that Thiago-Vidal are starters and the engine of midfield then I'd put a trio there adding Rudy ofc that leaves Muller out so it's unlikely at the moment for Heynckes.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:10 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Alllah

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol:

Allah scored first, then Rudy. I remember those Arabic videos from the past 6 years on Youtube and live streams, always Allah first. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:55 pm

FCB general wrote:

Allah scored first, then Rudy. I remember those Arabic videos from the past 6 years on Youtube and live streams, always Allah first. :D
It means something nice I thing...
I stand to be corrected.
In Maltse use something similar...
Eg. Il-Alla x mara dik... oh God what a woman... used when a guy likes a girl passing by(one says it to himself or to his buddy)
Or il Alla kif dejjaqtni meaning oh God you are pissing me off

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:35 pm

So, Martinez over Rudy.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCB general wrote:

It means something nice I thing...
I stand to be corrected.
In Maltse use something similar...
Eg. Il-Alla x mara dik... oh God what a woman... used when a guy likes a girl passing by(one says it to himself or to his buddy)
Or il Alla kif dejjaqtni meaning oh God you are pissing me off

Same here.

But it's way too much among Arabs, precisely - always. :P
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion