You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rudy

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sebastian Rudy

Postby pyrasur » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:02 am

Xhaka is Swiss and is meh with Arsenal? Though he was better with Gladbach and Arsenal is dysfunctional. He's better than Kramer, whose sole talents consist of running a lot and getting hit in the head. Though Kramer maybe was better with Leverkusen?

Agree though that Rudy is going for his ability to cover RB. I’m sure he’s fine in midfield, but there are so many other options there.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Again, is not an issue of criticising him. But I see a different role in him and Tolisso than what we saw from Rudy on the summer for Loew.

Take the last game vs the Village for example. His heatmap was a joke despite the fact that he covered the second most traveled distance on the team after Vidal.

But I worry that he doesn't like to track back. Again, this makes for a very dangerous 6 on a team playing on the final third as a norm. He had the least sprints on the entire team. Runs? What runs? Dude ran the less intensive efforts for a non-CB.

Dude is a pole.

Ok. So he runs around (slowly) in circles around the circle. He doesn't sprint, he doesn't track back. Fine. Is he a destroyer? Nah. Not with half the tackles from Vidal, Coman, Kimmich and Sule. Hell, he tackled less than Lewandowski. Luckily for him Tolisso tackled even less.

And at 67 touches on the ball, the build up play wasn't exactly going through him. Tolisso got 42 touches. Not the worst number of touches, but the lowest for any player other than Robben (41).

So again, I see both Tolisso - who has a nack for appearing on the box when you least expect him to - and Rudy (who is able to place some very fine through balls and has a fine medium range shots) as double eights but certainly not as defensive midfielders.

Sorry guys, that's just my observation.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 pm

pyrasur wrote:Xhaka is Swiss and is meh with Arsenal? Though he was better with Gladbach and Arsenal is dysfunctional. He's better than Kramer, whose sole talents consist of running a lot and getting hit in the head. Though Kramer maybe was better with Leverkusen?

Agree though that Rudy is going for his ability to cover RB. I’m sure he’s fine in midfield, but there are so many other options there.
That was just random babbling. I know Xhaka is Swiss. I was reminded of Kramer because of the WC 2014 final.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby #12 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:Butbutbut... "just you wait and see, he'll play!!!"

Well, I waited and I saw...

butbutbut James is a reject from Real !! Why are we signing Real fodders? we are a small club.... RB Leipzig will win BL \:D/

To this day I think I used tge word fodder once... Never in plural... ;)
James is yet to prove to be decisive in ganes that really matter - I think I said not top 5 or not big, never small... So yeah... Pretty much BS except for the last one...

But yeah I guess all those CL victories prove me wrong...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Wow Rudy was incredible out there today vs Padderborn. He finally was allowed to move forward and the passes he made.
Gosh this guy should start Rudy>Tolisso
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Wow Rudy was incredible out there today vs Padderborn. He finally was allowed to move forward and the passes he made.
Gosh this guy should start Rudy>Tolisso

That’s why I’m not too worried about Martinez injury. Rudy is a more than decent cover for him and can play alongside either Vidal or Tolisso. Plus Bayern play only four more games this month so Rudy should be good enough to win Bayern games until Thiago and Martinez return.
America USA
I post all the time

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:04 pm

If they let him go forward like he did for Hoffenheim (when he carried that team) he will replace Martinez´s role
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion