You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rudy

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sebastian Rudy

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:46 pm

#12 wrote:Butbutbut... "just you wait and see, he'll play!!!"

Well, I waited and I saw...

butbutbut James is a reject from Real !! Why are we signing Real fodders? we are a small club.... RB Leipzig will win BL \:D/
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:14 pm

I don't mean to criticize him but I see Rudy as mainly a playmaker. Even then a more shallow one. His lack of effort in tracking back is quite worrying which makes him a dangerous 6. Like Tolisso, they need a Vidal or Martinez type of real build up destroyer to anchor between attack and the CBs.

I don't see many long balls from him either. Again, Bayern doesn't need three 8s in the form of Tolisso, Rudy and James but rather rotating 6s.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Isabella » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:41 pm

tflags wrote:I don't mean to criticize him but I see Rudy as mainly a playmaker. Even then a more shallow one. His lack of effort in tracking back is quite worrying which makes him a dangerous 6. Like Tolisso, they need a Vidal or Martinez type of real build up destroyer to anchor between attack and the CBs.

I don't see many long balls from him either. Again, Bayern doesn't need three 8s in the form of Tolisso, Rudy and James but rather rotating 6s.

James is a 10 not an 8 so you have only two 8s in the team
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am

tflags wrote:I don't mean to criticize him but I see Rudy as mainly a playmaker. Even then a more shallow one. His lack of effort in tracking back is quite worrying which makes him a dangerous 6. Like Tolisso, they need a Vidal or Martinez type of real build up destroyer to anchor between attack and the CBs.

he has been only used as a defensive midfilder till now,
Last edited by DerKaiser on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 am

Do you even remember the first year matches of Martinez? He was passing the ball around doing nothing else. Rudy isn't young but definitely he needs to adapt more. Same goes for Tolisso. Stop judging the man this early. He's younger than Martinez when Martinez joined Bayern.
Paphlagonian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:48 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:Do you even remember the first year matches of Martinez? He was passing the ball around doing nothing else. Rudy isn't young but definitely he needs to adapt more. Same goes for Tolisso. Stop judging the man this early. He's younger than Martinez when Martinez joined Bayern.

He's not, Javi was about 24-25 when he joined us.
tuscanybayern
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:27 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:Do you even remember the first year matches of Martinez? He was passing the ball around doing nothing else. Rudy isn't young but definitely he needs to adapt more. Same goes for Tolisso. Stop judging the man this early. He's younger than Martinez when Martinez joined Bayern.

Tolisso...
Paphlagonian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:03 pm

Tolisso joined us at 22 YO. A lot of people are forgetting how young he is.

Send via carrier pigeon.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:12 pm

DerKaiser wrote:

I think youre talking out of your arse again, he has been only used as a defensive midfilder till now,

^ This.

Last day today for Rudy to live his WC dream. He needs to go away from Munich to have any chance of going to Russia. Rudy won't be selected over Khedira, Can and Gundogan sitting on Bayern’s bench while those three get games at Juventus, Liverpool and Man City respectively.
America USA
I post all the time

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm

DerKaiser wrote:

I think youre talking out of your arse again, he has been only used as a defensive midfilder till now,

Nah, not really. Perhaps spatially - but by style of play he's closer to a regista than a "true" DM
aterford
I post all the time

Postby tuscanybayern » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:
tuscanybayern wrote:

Tolisso...

my bad, I thought you were still talking about Rudy
tuscanybayern
Getting the hang of it

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:48 pm

America USA wrote:
DerKaiser wrote:

^ This.

Last day today for Rudy to live his WC dream. He needs to go away from Munich to have any chance of going to Russia. Rudy won't be selected over Khedira, Can and Gundogan sitting on Bayern’s bench while those three get games at Juventus, Liverpool and Man City respectively.
Rudy won't start. (period)

He is just not good enough.

Kroos and Gündogan are the best German midfielders. Then there is Khedira and Weigl.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:43 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:
Tolisso...

my bad, I thought you were still talking about Rudy

No problem mate.
Paphlagonian
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:02 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Rudy won't start. (period)

Kroos and Gündogan are the best German midfielders. Then there is Khedira and Weigl.

I agree that Toni and Gundogan are in a league of their own but Kroos plays best when he has a defensive minded player next to him.

Weigl needs to improve tremendously if he is to be on the plane to Russia. He has been dire this season. I'd take Rudy over Weigl right now. Khedira needs to hit a purple patch if he is to start. He has been too inconsistent since the Euros. No reason why Rudy cannot make it. In fact he has played a couple of games for Germany alongside Kroos and Germany fared pretty damn well. (Albeit the quality of the opponent wasn’t exactly the best)
America USA
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:24 am

America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Rudy won't start. (period)

I agree that Toni and Gundogan are in a league of their own but Kroos plays best when he has a defensive minded player next to him.

Weigl needs to improve tremendously if he is to be on the plane to Russia. He has been dire this season. I'd take Rudy over Weigl right now. Khedira needs to hit a purple patch if he is to start. He has been too inconsistent since the Euros. No reason why Rudy cannot make it. In fact he has played a couple of games for Germany alongside Kroos and Germany fared pretty damn well. (Albeit the quality of the opponent wasn’t exactly the best)
Oh, there is also Göretzka. I don't think Rudy is a proper DM anyway, so...

Honestly I don't see any scenario in which Rudy should start... Or even be taken to Russia! There's just too many players who are either undeniably better or at least much more proven (which is something Löw values a lot). Only thing Rudy has for him is that he can cover RB, DM and CM, so he can be a good utility player.

What happened to Kramer (and Xhaka) btw? They were extremely good back when Gladbach was doing well.

Random babbling: if I were Löw, I'd give Hummels a try as DM. He has all the aptitudes and skills for the position and Germany is pretty CB rich.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion