You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rode

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Sebastian Rode

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:02 pm

FC Bayern are reportedly after the services of 21 year old German central midfielder Sebastian Rode, who is currently on the books of Bundesliga surprise package Eintracht Frankfurt. [source]

Rode has represented Germany at U-18, U-19, U-20 and U-21 level. Incidentally, Rode scored his first Bundesliga goal against FC Bayern.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Sebastian Rode

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Judging him by the first five BL weeks would be naive. Don't forget that Frankfurt were in a slightly worse situation at this point in 2010/11. They got relegated then.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:43 pm

is he better or can he be better than the guys Bayern have now?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 am

Firefox1234 wrote:is he better or can he be better than the guys Bayern have now?

Two years ago it was Rode and Götze who were the next generation of German youth talents. Rode then had two grave knee injuries and played "only" for Frankfurt while Götze played in an exciting Dortmund side.

I obviously have no clue on how much the injuries influenced Rode's physical capability but I expect a lot from him.

However Bayern München would be the wrong club for him to further develop his talent. With Martinez and Schweinsteiger we have two top class players for at least another half decade.

I expect Schalke, Dortmund and potentially Hannover as well as Leverkusen and Mönchengladbach to be possible options for him. After all his contract situation is very interesting (2014 I believe is right).

Should we sign him in the end then it would be a great deal.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Thx for the info, imo if Bayern were to sign him it should be a buy then loan back deal so he can continue getting playing time.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:18 pm

I used to play with Frankfurt in FIFA 12 career mode and he was one of my best players That's all I know about him, unfortunately.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm worried this has a whiff of that old "buy the competition clean" strategy Wurst-Uli so loved.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB general » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:18 pm

No, thank you. This guy won't be our member and because Bayern need not these guys anymore. Even Tymoshchuk and Can doesn't play this season, what should we expect from this one? :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:26 pm

FCB general wrote:No, thank you. This guy won't be our member and because Bayern need not these guys anymore. Even Tymoshchuk and Can doesn't play this season, what should we expect from this one? :D

Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of a player without watching him play.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:23 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCB general wrote:No, thank you. This guy won't be our member and because Bayern need not these guys anymore. Even Tymoshchuk and Can doesn't play this season, what should we expect from this one? :D

Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of a player without watching him play.

You are right but still
The quality in CDM/CM here is as good as barcelonas or at least close second so doubt that he will make it here (at least for now)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Element wrote:
MUTU wrote:

You are right but still
The quality in CDM/CM here is as good as barcelonas or at least close second so doubt that he will make it here (at least for now)

Let's just assume for a moment that Tymoshchuk will leave the club in 2013 which is very likely. Let's further assume that our next coach will see Toni Kroos as our #10 as long as we play in a two men central midfield. Quite likely, too.

Furthermore it is unknown what Can's talent actually amounts to. Let's assume that our officials think he's not good enough for the A Squad and gets loaned or sold to another club. Who's left?

1. Bastian Schweinsteiger: 28 years old, had some injuries last season and might have some in the future, too. After all he's getting older.
2. Javier Martinez: 24 years old and obviously a long term signing who has all the qualities to make it big at Bayern
3. Luíz Gustavo: The role of the 25 year old Brazilian is still uncertain. Imagine a coach like van Gaal ( LIKE him not him!) or Pep Guardiola with a system that depends on strong playing central midfielders. He'd have little use in such a philosophy. At least not more than a defensive role player. It's not that unlikely that something like this might happen.

It's only a theoretical scenario but not that far fetched and therefore a guy like Rode could be a valuable asset wouldn't he?
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:58 pm

It's a very "glass half empty" look, but sure.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 pm

quaazi wrote:It's a very "glass half empty" look, but sure.

He makes a good point with Jupp unlikely to be hear players like Can and Gustavo could be casualties and a guy like Rode could be the step to the future

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bazi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:24 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
quaazi wrote:It's a very "glass half empty" look, but sure.

He makes a good point with Jupp unlikely to be hear players like Can and Gustavo could be casualties and a guy like Rode could be the step to the future

Even if one of my points doesn't come true there would still be place for him. We're in 3 competitions after all.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:47 am

Bazi wrote:Furthermore it is unknown what Can's talent actually amounts to. Let's assume that our officials think he's not good enough for the A Squad and gets loaned or sold to another club. Who's left?

Of course we should be in a better position to judge next summer, but the way I see it at the moment, if we were to let Can (who has been described as the gem of Bayern) go, on loan or otherwise, why would we replace him with another talent?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion