You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rode

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sebastian Rode

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:47 am

huknife wrote:Are you sure? Anyone can be told to play in the middle of the park, Gustavo, Pranjic, Kovac etc. But can Rode actually fill that role when we need someone to?

I haven't seen him play, and i don't remember his performances in the games against Bayern. If someone would be kind enough to point out why he could fill a role which Martinez didn't look like he could?

Thanks.

I share the same concern, its one thing being able to just play as a CM like described above but its another thing to be a focal point of a team like a Xavi, Pirlo, and Schweinstiger. Players like those are the rarest and i it takes a lot of experience and discipline to be a master of the midfield like the players above. I trust Sammer and Bayern as a club that they are making the right decisions but i would like some info on this player from those who have watched him.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby README » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:36 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
huknife wrote:Are you sure? Anyone can be told to play in the middle of the park, Gustavo, Pranjic, Kovac etc. But can Rode actually fill that role when we need someone to?

I haven't seen him play, and i don't remember his performances in the games against Bayern. If someone would be kind enough to point out why he could fill a role which Martinez didn't look like he could?

Thanks.

I share the same concern, its one thing being able to just play as a CM like described above but its another thing to be a focal point of a team like a Xavi, Pirlo, and Schweinstiger. Players like those are the rarest and i it takes a lot of experience and discipline to be a master of the midfield like the players above. I trust Sammer and Bayern as a club that they are making the right decisions but i would like some info on this player from those who have watched him.....

Yesterday I watched him gegen Schalke and to be honest he did not look mind blowing; he has just scored one goal this season and no assists, therefore he has not a lot of attacking mentality, but he is just a little bit like Müller and Bender, he wont stop runnung. But I would rather have Bender.
README

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:23 am

Often this season, the 22-year old Sebastian Rode’s been a standout player in Eintracht Frankfurt team – and that’s not just because of his absurdly blonde hair! Combative, energetic, enthusiastic, Rode is a type of midfielder who are making a welcome comeback into world football. He’s a midfielder which are comfortable both defensively and going forward, a trait which is becoming ever more important in the dynamics of a football team.

So far this season, Rode’s been a joy to watch. Paired alongside club captain Pirmin Schwegler in a deeper midfield role, Sebastian Rode has certainly caught the eye of many a Bundesliga fan. Rightly so, too. He’s been a stalwart in Eintracht Frankfurt’s starting XI too start with.

He’s a key component in the Eagles’ midfield shape; he keeps the shape, retains possession efficiently – averaging 58 passes a game – and protects the somewhat vulnerable back four admirably well.

A big part of Sebastian Rode’s game is his ability to spot dangerous situations long before anything comes of it. He’s often in the right place at the right time – on average, he’s made a total of 2.3 interceptions and 2.7 tackles per game.

Offensively, he’s been just as impressive. Rode does tend to get forward a fair bit – his performance vs. Hamburg is a good example of that. Often bursting onto a one-two, initiated by Rode himself, he’s a handful for the opposition defensive unit. It’s a refreshing sight to see, that of a young midfielder marauding forward yet not forgetting his defensive duties.

http://www.o-posts.net/news/scout/sebastian-rode-bundesliga-talent-rise/

Rode is a throwback to the archetypal central midfielder, combative and tenacious he is happy at either end of the field and his box-to-box energy has been a shining light for Frankfurt as they push for Champions League qualification. Filled with youthful exuberance the young German has put in some outstanding performances this season, making 24 league appearances in an ever-present campaign for Die Adlers.

http://playmakerpress.com/2013/03/03/sebastian-rode/
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 pm

He sounds a lot like Khedira.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Bazi » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Sammer said at "Doppelpass" (German sports talk) that the Rode rumor is pure speculation by the media.

The club plans with Höjbjerg, Can and one top transfer (literally a transfer "for the peak") to further improve the quality of the team.

Rode definitely doesn't fit that profile.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Bazi wrote:Sammer said at "Doppelpass" (German sports talk) that the Rode rumor is pure speculation by the media.

The club plans with Höjbjerg, Can and one top transfer (literally a transfer "for the peak") to further improve the quality of the team.

Rode definitely doesn't fit that profile.

Well Sammer has repeatedly says he wants to focus on building Bayern's young stars. Also this opens up a lot of speculation about the Goreztka rumors early in the year....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby README » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 pm

README

Postby Payam » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm hoping that Sammer and co. targets a players that could play the role of Schweinsteiger - God knows he is the players that we are most fragile without.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby unknownsoul » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Read on twitter, frankfurt president has confirmed that bayern have signed him. Not confirmed if this year or next.
unknownsoul
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Yeah, the signing is confirmed, but it says that it is not a "direct" purchase, whatever that means.

It seems that BL is having a "buy one get one free" sale these days.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Dhuber24 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:47 pm

It seems we're signing everyone nowadays but I like this one a lot
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby unknownsoul » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Am in then the only who feels this is getting ridiculous? Even if we play two sides in the league next year, we still would have a bench better than most sides. And just for good measure both squads could qualify for CL too. I'm frankly disappointed.
unknownsoul
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
India

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:20 pm

This only seems ridiculous because all our signings have come early. Had we announced the Braafheid, Baumjohann, Gomez, Olic, Pranjic and Tymoshchuk signings back in 2009 on the same day, people would have reacted similarly. I think this will be a good signing only if he's loaned to Frankfurt for some match experience. We don't want a crowded squad.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby walter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:24 pm

WTH??? Well, I haven't seen him play that much; is he really Bayern quality?
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 pm

He's a Khedira in the making, I'd say.

It seems that a one-year stay at Frankfurt will be the case here.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion