You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rode

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sebastian Rode

Postby Achilles » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know why people get this idea that Javi Martinez will be playing CB. The guys has established himself as a major component of Bayern's midfield and i doubt Bayern wanted to spend €40m on a CB they were looking for a midfield partner to Schweinstiger. So it will be hard to find room for Rode especially when Bayern have promising youth prospects such as Can and Hojbjerg. In my opinion Rode would be more of an unnecessary luxury than a necessity at the moment
I have the same opinion for Martinez when Heynckes is the boss but at "Pep era" I think Kroos-Schweini plus a signing or a prodigy kid from reserves(Can for example)
Pep wants more technical CB and tall,CB who can pass the ball as a deep lying playmaker all these things Martinez can do,so it's not such a "dream" plan.
I still believe that our mid trio will be like this season(Kroos-Schweini-Javi) but the thing with Rode is just a "dream of mine" nothing special.
But I'm pretty sure that Pep will ask for CF and a CB(Badstuber can pass but he is too slow)
Rode is one of the players I like at BuLi this season and I think he will fit well to our team even as a sub,that's all :)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:35 am

Achilles wrote:Pep wants more technical CB and tall,CB who can pass the ball as a deep lying playmaker

That's Badstuber, my friend.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know why people get this idea that Javi Martinez will be playing CB. The guys has established himself as a major component of Bayern's midfield and i doubt Bayern wanted to spend €40m on a CB they were looking for a midfield partner to Schweinstiger. So it will be hard to find room for Rode especially when Bayern have promising youth prospects such as Can and Hojbjerg. In my opinion Rode would be more of an unnecessary luxury than a necessity at the moment

Can is a beast and he can make trouble to everyone, both in defense and attack.

For Rode is better to stay like Sebastian Jung and Veh and to fight for CL or EL place and continue with building stronger Eintracht.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Sebastian Rode would be a great replacement if Tymo leaves. =P~
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby huknife » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:01 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Sebastian Rode would be a great replacement if Tymo leaves. =P~

Tymo hardly occupies any position that needs replacing?

Why would you want to buy and keep a developing German talent on the bench?

If indeed we feel that the depth is required in the centre of the park [in a scenario where Tymo leaves], it should be strengthened with experience, as we have plenty of youth?
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:21 am

MoFattal wrote:
Achilles wrote:Pep wants more technical CB and tall,CB who can pass the ball as a deep lying playmaker

That's Badstuber, my friend.

Thank you for pointing that out. :)
He's been out a few months and people are forgetting about him.
I think he has, most of the times, best pass completion rate in Bayern's matches after Schweini/Kroos. His ball distribution is his biggest asset among others. I wish he comes back before the end of the season. I miss his scolding.

Also, Marti playing as CB is possible when 2-3 of 4 of our CBs our injured. He's here to be a CDM and that's where I would like him to play. :|

As for Rode, I believe he should play but he'll hardly get the playing time here. But of course, I don't want him joining Inter.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby silberkreuz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:35 pm

I agree. Badstuber is an amazing player and he's still so young. The fact is, when he was partnered with Dante, that's when we had the impenetrable defence. I don't think Pep will be looking to change the line up of our team so much as the tactics. Especially in defence. I mean, our team has already laid the groundwork for his passing-from-the-back style. Our defence in conjunction with Neuer has the best ball distribution ability of any BL team, there aren't many players I would get to make us better, with the exception of Hummels, which I still think would be unfair to Dante.
My point in all this is that Martinez is exactly where he is meant to be, and he works so well with Schweini that I don't think Pep will be in any hurry to split them up. Incidentally, that means that we really wouldn't need Rode. Buying him would only deprive an improving team from prospering and let a promising young player rot on our bench when we already have the academy talent to fill in for him.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 pm

huknife wrote:Tymo hardly occupies any position that needs replacing?

Rode is way more offensive minded and skilled than Tymo. We've seen this year that our midfield doesn't work when Schweini isn't there and Rode could play his role better partnering Martinez or Gustavo.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Achilles » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Guys I said that "Badstuber can pass,but he is too slow"
Probably Badi has the most accurate long pass in our team,that's for sure! But he has many weaknesses as a CB his positioning many times is bad(ok that is something he can improve just by playing aka experience) He is way too slow and his one on one situations are way bad!
Of course along with Dante(the best CB in our team and top class) will improve his skills and maybe if they find a good chemistry they will dominate,because they are strong,excellent passers and they read the game just perfectly,moreover Dante has everything a CB needs!

Rode I know he is not enough good right now for a Bayern team and we have Emre Can thirsty for action but as a sub I think it will be a nice choice!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Element » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Welt am Sonntag Reports that Sebastian Rode and Bayern came to an agreement

and the only thing unclear is the time of the Transfer (either 2013 for a fee or summer 2014 for Free)
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Element wrote:Welt am Sonntag Reports that Sebastian Rode and Bayern came to an agreement

and the only thing unclear is the time of the Transfer (either 2013 for a fee or summer 2014 for Free)

Wow! He is a great addition but I wonder where he will play?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dambun » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Element wrote:Welt am Sonntag Reports that Sebastian Rode and Bayern came to an agreement

Great news....
If he comes this summer, it'll have a great side effect: we'll have 4 quality CDMs for next year... which would mean Can and Hojbjerg will most probably be loaned out, which would help their development compared to sitting on the bench...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCB general » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Emre must go, Hojbjerg not neccessarily but it would be great for him, too.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Achilles » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Yessir! :D
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:06 pm

Great news for a variety of reasons. First, we've secured a young German talent while weakening a potential rival. Second, the board is showing that it wants to remain competitive in the transfer market, even if it's winning. Third, this means that Can and Hojbjerg will be loaned out, so we'll be getting them back as much better players in a few years.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion