You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rode

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sebastian Rode

Postby Element » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Frankfurt announced that Rode is not for sale at any price and thay he will stay till at least the end of his contract which is in 2014
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:59 pm

quaazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:And reduce the possibility of using his weapon? The kid's got a good long range shot and a fair amount of assists.

Playing from a deeper positions means he can take long shots a lot more often due to the increased amount of space available.

And yet it is between lines where he has excelled at, arguably, his most important goal of the season. Quoting that site you like [from Bayern vs Dortmund's 1-1]:

The obvious beneficiary of this was Toni Kroos, Bayern’s number ten and one of the most intelligent players in Europe at finding space between opponents. Kroos needed no invitation to move between the lines – he was essentially playing there anyway, although he did place himself left-of-centre in the zone Bender should have been patrolling, and kept getting the ball in dangerous positions. After 12 minutes he sliced a wayward shot well wide, but already the pattern had become clear – Dortmund were pressing in midfield but leaving Kroos free, and neither of the centre-backs were keen to move forward and close him down.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Well he's never even played a 4-3-3 midfield so it's impossible to say whether or not he'd excel at it. As things stand, sure, he is best behind the striker.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dvorders » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Rode would be a great signing. Obviously there is no spot for him now, but he still has years to develop. CDM is the longest position to develop because you dictate the pace and have to know the game in and out. Look at Javi who is 24 and still developing into world-class. Having him on the books and learning from Bastian/Javi in the offseason while loaned out for match practice would be the perfect development. Would truly miss out on him seeing as it will be at least 2-3 years before he reaches his peak. How many world-class CDMs are under 25 and what better people to learn from than the current roster?
dvorders
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Borussia Dortmund will not be pursuing a deal to land Sebastian Rode from Eintracht Frankfurt. Jurgen Klopp: "Eintracht made it clear they won't let him go, we will not approach him." Quotes from Bild.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:54 am

Looks like talks between him and Frankfurt have stalled. One good reason might be that he presumably knows of Bayern's interest.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:35 pm

I never thought Frankfurt were gonna hand him to Bayern that easy especially if they can attain Champions League football next year where his price tag could almost double if he plays well.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Element » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 pm

The Sun that Arsenal wants to Sign Rode for 8.7 million euros

Rodes contract expires in 2014 and he refuses to extend it
So Eintracht have announced that they wont sell him before that (want to let him leave for free)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 pm

They're definitely playing hardball. They won't lose around 10M for him by just being stubborn pricks. I think we have a decent chance in getting the lad, judging by earlier interest.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 pm

That are just negotiation tricks to raise his price.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Element » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 pm

SilentStrike wrote:That are just negotiation tricks to raise his price.

Exactly
And interest from multiple big name clubs(from different leagues) will also serve their case
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm

If Frankfurt get into the UCL i can see his price double :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AssemFCB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:If Frankfurt get into the UCL i can see his price double :P

If he decides to stay for one more year and doesn't renew until January 2014, he'll be free to join anyone after the World Cup.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Achilles » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Seba Jung,Rode & Meier are key factors for Eintracht.I like Jung and I'd love to see him at Bayern as anti-Rafinha but it's sad that he will benched for many years because of Lahm but Rode is my fav player from Frankfurt and Bayern should sign him.He is better than every midfielder on the bench and a German trio with Kroos-Schweini-Rode it would be very very interesting,I believe that Rode in Bayern shirt will be world class in 2 years.(Martinez as a CB next to Dante)
I hope that Pep has a good idea for him(and Schurrle) so we can make a move for Sebastian Rode,maybe I've overestimated him and overreacting but it's ok 8)

P.S:I know many will disagree with me about the "German Trio" I said because of Emre Can,whatever :)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:06 pm

I don't know why people get this idea that Javi Martinez will be playing CB. The guys has established himself as a major component of Bayern's midfield and i doubt Bayern wanted to spend €40m on a CB they were looking for a midfield partner to Schweinstiger. So it will be hard to find room for Rode especially when Bayern have promising youth prospects such as Can and Hojbjerg. In my opinion Rode would be more of an unnecessary luxury than a necessity at the moment

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion