You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Rode

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Sebastian Rode

Postby Deutche » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:02 pm

unknownsoul wrote:Am in then the only who feels this is getting ridiculous? Even if we play two sides in the league next year, we still would have a bench better than most sides. And just for good measure both squads could qualify for CL too. I'm frankly disappointed.

A few of points:

1. Don't understand why Bayern fans don't like their team getting better. Understand the rest of the league but why would Bayern fans not want their team be better is beyond me.

2. Patience is a virtue. Just because Bayern is loading up on players right now doesn't mean this team will be like it looks like now. Emre Can will probably go on loan, Pedersen sold to WB, Tymo gone, Van B gone, Gomez probably sold( If Lew comes), maybe Robben gone. That's like 6 players off the top of my head that may not be on the team next year. We don't even know if Rode is coming this year he may be loaned to his current team. So just because you are seeing all the incoming players does not mean there will not be outgoing players. Just be patient.

3. We are accumulating talent behind our starters you should all be happy and stop sounding like BVB fans.
Deutche
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Chalant » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Deutche wrote:1. Don't understand why Bayern fans don't like their team getting better. Understand the rest of the league but why would Bayern fans not want their team be better is beyond me.

Nobody likes to see their team win after win with no competition. It gets boring.

Deutche wrote:2. Patience is a virtue. Just because Bayern is loading up on players right now doesn't mean this team will be like it looks like now. Emre Can will probably go on loan, Pedersen sold to WB, Tymo gone, Van B gone, Gomez probably sold( If Lew comes), maybe Robben gone. That's like 6 players off the top of my head that may not be on the team next year. We don't even know if Rode is coming this year he may be loaned to his current team. So just because you are seeing all the incoming players does not mean there will not be outgoing players. Just be patient.

Rode and Lewandowski are likelier to arrive than these players going. Sure, Can may be loaned out, and Nils and Tymo will leave, but the rest will stay, at least for one season.

Deutche wrote:3. We are accumulating talent behind our starters you should all be happy and stop sounding like BVB fans.

Many of whom will not see their names in the starting XI.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby unknownsoul » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:32 pm

How long till players start bitching about bench time and all? Lewa possibly coming, Hummels too maybe. Then the only time it'll be fun to watch bayern will be in cl qf's and onwards. The league will be really poorer. You really want more 9-2 scores only? Wouldn't it get boring?
unknownsoul
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby lau03143 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Chalant wrote:Nobody likes to see their team win after win.

I stopped reading here.

Domestic success is a must every year, it doesn't matter if we win and win.

Then we push for European success.

It's not up to us to let teams keep their best players. We've got to do what's best for us.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby unknownsoul » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Yes, but a one team scottish league isnt fun to watch. Atleast the bundesliga being a two horse race could have been good. But this is not somethng to be too happy about. Ypu can only play 11 at a time.

Regarding players going on loan, they will come back in a year at most. Then.what? Same situation persists. Maybe we'll end up with another hummels. And I dont want that to be Can.

Also all this undermines our terrific seasons as people point out that we just buy everyone we want.
unknownsoul
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Chalant wrote:Nobody likes to see their team win after win.

If Bayern were to lose next year you would eat those words, I guarantee that!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby lau03143 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:49 pm

unknownsoul wrote:Yes, but a one team scottish league isnt fun to watch. Atleast the bundesliga being a two horse race could have been good. But this is not somethng to be too happy about. Ypu can only play 11 at a time.

Regarding players going on loan, they will come back in a year at most. Then.what? Same situation persists. Maybe we'll end up with another hummels. And I dont want that to be Can.

Also all this undermines our terrific seasons as people point out that we just buy everyone we want.

And is that really going to happen with buying Rode?

Get a grip
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Deutche » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Chalant wrote:1. Nobody likes to see their team win after win with no competition. It gets boring.
2.Rode and Lewandowski are likelier to arrive than these players going. Sure, Can may be loaned out, and Nils and Tymo will leave, but the rest will stay, at least for one season.
3. Many of whom will not see their names in the starting XI.

1. I dont know what to say to that. I do. I want my team to win every year. If you find winning boring follow a losing team this is not for you. My team winning that is not boring to me.

But what if BVB goes and gets Dzeko, Isco,Draxler. They have 60 mill from champions league this year, add 37 from Gotze and 25 from Lewa. I am no math major but you get my point. So what we have done is retained BL talent and increased it by adding players from other leagues. Wait until the summer BVB will make moves. I would say the league added talent not lost.

2.We dont know who goes and stays but all you are doing is improving. For example(just throwing out there not saying it will happen):

Tymo - Rode
Gomez - Lewa
Robben - Gotze
DVB - Kirchoff

Emre Can - Loaned
M. Weiser- Loaned
Hojbjerg- Loaned
Pizza- Gone
Petersen- Sold to WB

3.And how do you know that backups wont see the light of day Are you Pep? What if Pep wants to rotate? All I am saying just breathe and enjoy your team as it's hungry for success and improving itself. The point is to win not just BL but Europe. You think Man city,Real,Barcelona,Man U, Chelsea will stand still?

Just enjoy it Bayern fans.
Deutche
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Element » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:07 pm

unknownsoul wrote:Read on twitter, frankfurt president has confirmed that bayern have signed him. Not confirmed if this year or next.

I read on Spox that Frankfurt want 9 millions to let him go this year
But bayern will apparently wait till he comes for free in 2014
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby schweini31 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:19 pm

April 22, 2013

Rode in a statement on his club's website, he asked for an end to be brought to the rumours.

"After more speculation about my future emerged yesterday and since this took something away from the Schalke win and the great performance of the whole team, I would like to make one thing clear," he said.

"I have a contract with Eintracht until 2014 and I am very happy in Frankfurt.

"During talks with the club bosses, I made it clear quite soon that I will fulfil my contract, but would not like to extend it.

"I have not signed on for any other club and I would like to commit all of my energy and concentration to my team and my performance.

"All the rest is pure speculation which does not come from me and which I do not like either.

"My only goal now is success with Eintracht Frankfurt."

http://www1.skysports.com/news/11095/8665976/
schweini31
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Well that settles that.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Deutche » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Well that settles that.....

Not so sure about that:

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 72947.html

Frankfurt CEO:

Why's Jan Kirchhoff to Bayern? Why Sebastian Rode? My God, these are young people. They can earn four times as much money at Bayern as they can here. End of story.

The budget at Eintracht is €30m, it's €150m at Bayern.
Last edited by Deutche on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deutche
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:38 pm

MoFattal wrote:Yeah, the signing is confirmed, but it says that it is not a "direct" purchase, whatever that means.

It seems that BL is having a "buy one get one free" sale these days.

Can going on loan the other way perhaps?

That would be perfect.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Element wrote:
unknownsoul wrote:Read on twitter, frankfurt president has confirmed that bayern have signed him. Not confirmed if this year or next.

I read on Spox that Frankfurt want 9 millions to let him go this year
But bayern will apparently wait till he comes for free in 2014

I also saw that figure mentioned, and I think for that amount we should try to get him this year.

I understand that some here feel we're going overboard especially if Lewa comes too, but a backup for Schweini is the only thing this team lacks and I think Rode is a great player to fill that gap. We would truly have a complete squad with him here.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby huknife » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:29 am

It seems that a lot of you guys actually believe Rode could deputize for Schweisteiger if needed be, where all others we tried look insufficient, [Martinez, Alaba etc].

If anyone could throw up a attribute page screenie of him from FM13, i would appreciate it. xD
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion