You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Sebastian Deisler

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Deisler is injured again

Postby tracylynn » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:28 pm

Deisler will miss the last two matches the year due to tearing a thigh muscle. Wow!! He has such bad luck when it comes to getting injured.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/bunde ... 2190.shtml
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:26 am

Something's wrong with this guy.He gets injured over the same place again and again
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:03 pm

Injury list updated.
Last edited by MUTU on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:29 pm

Germany midfielder Sebastian Deisler said on Sunday that he was close to retirement after the last knee injury which denied him playing in the 2006 World Cup.

"I was close to quitting," Deisler told a news conference at the winter-break training camp of his club, the Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.

Deisler had to undergo a fifth knee operation after injuring himself in a March 2006 friendly in Italy. He was sidelined until November and missed the summer World Cup in his home country.

Deisler said that he was no longer thinking about retirement now that he is playing again, but so far not wasting a thought on a national team return.

The 27-year-old is considered one of Germany's most gifted players, but due to injuries he has only played at one major tournament, Euro 2000. Apart from the knee injuries, he was also sidelined for months with depression.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:41 am

He played 45 mins yesterday against Benfica. I've changed his status to 'fit' in the injury list.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Sebastian Deisler

Postby diegis » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:20 pm

Bayern Munich midfielder Sebastian Deisler has retired from football at the age of 27.

"I have lost the joy in playing football," Deisler admitted. "I do not trust my knee anymore."

http://www.eurosport.com/football/bundesliga/2006-2007/sport_sto1056595.shtml
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

this ain't good

Postby charger256 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:21 pm

charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:24 pm

great talent.. too bad his knee didn't help him :cry:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:28 pm

This news has got me on the verge of crying. I am so deeply disappointed.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

OMG, DEISLER ends his carreer !!

Postby fa » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:29 pm

OMG, I cant believe it!! this is very very very bad news not only for Bayern but also for Deisler himself. He made such a promising return, so its even harder to hear this :shock:

The reason is that he got no confidence in his knee, therefor he end his career starting today :!:

Best of luck in his further life, maybe he should get a job at Bayern !!
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:30 pm

what ? is this true ?
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:31 pm

hail ribery :lol:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:32 pm

Yes its true, look at the official site (german)
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:37 pm

diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby kevh26 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:38 pm

i've litteraly just seen this on the bayern web site... it's actually ruined my day... he'll be a great loss... now with hoeness admitting that Ali Karimi might be going, and Hassan leaving in the summer, we're really going to have to bring a few more faces in... my worry now is that, if in need of a striker and two or three midfielders, the board wont sign 'superstars' and will settle for economically viable alternatives!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion