You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Searching for the Best: The Chief Scout Thread

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Searching for the Best: The Chief Scout Thread

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello. Please note we are creating this thread to follow up on the Chief Scout position at the team, role previously held my Michael Reschke who back in August departed towards VfB Stuttgart.

In his place, protégé and former pupil Marco Neppe has agreed to stay upon and work together with Sports Director Hasan Salihamidzic towards finding only the best players as Bayern's future.

The methodology has been changed as well:

Sport1 wrote:"We're sure to change things a lot, working with video, data and live scouting, we know how the big clubs work, I looked around," said the Bosnian.

"We're going to hire more live scouts to permanently cover the big five leagues, we want to and have to develop our own style, so we need to better connect the data we have."

"Our goal is to discover young and exceptional players at a very early stage, but also to tie top players to us Our chief scout Marco Neppe and I are developing this scouting system at the moment, "explains Salihamidzic.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Searching for the Best: The Chief Scout Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Sounds good although in my opinion live scouts should be st the other good leagues, not the major ones. South America, Netherlands, France and Belgium especially
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:29 pm

while we are on the subject , what does one need to become an a pro scout?
I checked early this wk but there is no such course in Malta...
Does anyone know?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Hasan „knows“ how the big clubs work cause he „looked around“? On YouTube?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:52 pm

tflags wrote:Hello. Please note we are creating this thread to follow up on the Chief Scout position at the team, role previously held my Michael Reschke who back in August departed towards VfB Stuttgart.

In his place, protégé and former pupil Marco Neppe has agreed to stay upon and work together with Sports Director Hasan Salihamidzic towards finding only the best players as Bayern's future.

The methodology has been changed as well:

Sport1 wrote:"We're sure to change things a lot, , we know how the big clubs work, I looked around," said the Bosnian.

"We're going to hire more live scouts to permanently cover the big five leagues, we want to and have to develop our own style, so we need to better connect the data we have."

"Our goal is to discover young and exceptional players at a very early stage, but also to tie top players to us Our chief scout Marco Neppe and I are developing this scouting system at the moment, "explains Salihamidzic.

So does that mean that so far they haven't been "working with video, data and live scouting" - disconcerting, although not entirely unexpected.

"we know how the big clubs work, I looked around" ... don't have to go much further than Hoffenheim.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion