You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roy Makaay

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Makaay still great?

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes : 17

Makaay

Postby dracus » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:19 pm

News is out that barca coach rijkaard wants makaay after injury to eto'o.
Should bayern sell him :?:
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Makaay

Postby dracus » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:22 pm

Is there a way a concerned bayern fan could tell the unconcerned bayern coach and trio of karl,uli and kaiser to change their 'not spending too much' and 'not taking loan' policy
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Makaay

Postby Mirage » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:06 pm

dracus wrote:Is there a way a concerned bayern fan could tell the unconcerned bayern coach and trio of karl,uli and kaiser to change their 'not spending too much' and 'not taking loan' policy

I agree, someone should kick them hard.
I don't want Makaay to go. I'm surprised Barca coach doesnt want someone a bit younger tbh.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:25 pm

It was a stupid rumour made up by a newspaper to sell :)

The Barcelona officials completely denied it. And I believe them... with their quality, money and ambitions, I think they'd set their sights on someone who's a bit better than Makaay.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:27 pm

i would really like to see huntelaar or fred at bayern, though i dont think its possible :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:31 pm

Huntelaar might be a possibility. In fact Bayern *are* interested in buying him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:31 pm

I put emre, i think he'd be the best fit with the culture, ribery will cost too much, kerlon would have difficulty adapting to the bundesliga, and i think what we really need is the killer pass from midfield, emre
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:52 pm

You rate him that highly? I thought he's not quality enough to make it big at Bayern.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:20 pm

I'd like Ribery if Bayern are willing to part with 10+ mil and if they can beat out Arsenal. Slim chance, but still...
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Marko » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:06 pm

Ribery is the best in this choice,but he isn't real. There are too much teams in race for him. I'd like to see Modric in Bayerns t-shirt. I'm not glad that he is leaving dinamo,but if he must,Bayern is the best solution! :wink:
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby podolski4life » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:52 pm

Marko wrote:Ribery is the best in this choice,but he isn't real. There are too much teams in race for him. I'd like to see Modric in Bayerns t-shirt. I'm not glad that he is leaving dinamo,but if he must,Bayern is the best solution! :wink:

True, Ribery is a bit out of reach for Bayern. Arsenal will most likely get him. I guess Emre and Modric are the two most logical choices.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:03 pm

Hey guys. We need to be realistic now. Why on earth is Bayern chickening out of a bidding war with Arsenal? Why? When Arsenal were at their best and broke records in the EPL, we beat them... 3-1 in Munich which was a very flattering result for THEM. We have a much more illustrious history than them. They have won NOTHING last season... and we're afraid of them?!

If anything, they should be whimpering and cowering in a corner when they hear Bayern being mentioned. We're a much bigger club. Just because last season was the first time they managed to progress further than the quarterfinals of the CL doesn't mean they suddenly became bigger than Bayern. Income? Up until recent they were using a really small stadium. Sure, they've upgraded now to the Emirates Stadium, but it's still smaller than the Allianz Arena and I don't even know if they do fill it every match like Bayern do at the Arena.

So, in conclusion, let us not start fearing any club that's big outside of the Bundesliga. We really should NOT be fearing Arsenal. After all, when their fans voted for the most influential player in their squad, they voted for the only German in the team, Lehmann.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:09 pm

if I have to make a choice from the list, then i will be going for RIBERY...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Marko » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:11 pm

Nobody is afraid of Arsenal,is just that they are always buying more players than Bayern,I mean Bayern don't like spending a lot money like they do! And the truth is that they are playing in more atractive legue. :wink:
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:16 pm

They might be playing in a superior league but it certainly isn't more attractive (the Bundesliga has higher attendances, higher number of goals and there is currently much more of a competition over who will win the league). Moreover, Arsenal are sucking domestically, while Bayern are coasting. Last season, the only reason they made it into a CL spot was that the Tottenham players were magically food poisoned the night before the match... very fishy indeed.

In the meantime, Bayern celebrated winning the double for the second reason in a row.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion