You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roy Makaay

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Makaay still great?

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes : 17

Postby alex » Thu May 17, 2007 3:53 pm

Makaay's position looks safe for next season. Rummenigge confirmed today that Bayern were satisfied with Roy and that he still has one year in his contract. (source: de.sports.yahoo.com)

So with Makaay staying and Toni probably coming, the attack is likely to be Toni, Poldi, Makaay, and Schlaudraff for next season.

The picture is getting clearer every day (or supposedly clearer): Toni (1), Jansen (2), Schlaudraff, Altintop, Sosa (3, 4 and 5). And since Hitzfeld said he expects exactly seven new players, we still have two spots to fill: Ze and Klose?? The latter seems unlikely...
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 17, 2007 4:41 pm

i wish the 7 new signings didnt include the already confirmed ones but yeah that attacking strike force looks fairly sufficient in my opinion. 1 great striker, 2 decent and 1 reserve.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu May 17, 2007 5:00 pm

alex wrote:Makaay's position looks safe for next season. Rummenigge confirmed today that Bayern were satisfied with Roy and that he still has one year in his contract. (source: de.sports.yahoo.com)

So with Makaay staying and Toni probably coming, the attack is likely to be Toni, Poldi, Makaay, and Schlaudraff for next season.

The picture is getting clearer every day (or supposedly clearer): Toni (1), Jansen (2), Schlaudraff, Altintop, Sosa (3, 4 and 5). And since Hitzfeld said he expects exactly seven new players, we still have two spots to fill: Ze and Klose?? The latter seems unlikely...

If we get Klose...then Makaay has to leave..there is no other way..
I think Toni is confirmed and chances of signing Klose look extremely high..
Rummenigge must have made those comments assuming that we won't be signing Klose.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby alex » Thu May 17, 2007 5:18 pm

Rummenigge must have made those comments assuming that we won't be signing Klose

But those comments were also made after the board presented the list of potential targets... so if he is still "assuming" that Klose won't come till now, then, the likelihood of Makaay staying is much bigger than Klose coming.

i wish the 7 new signings didnt include the already confirmed ones

That's the real mystery here! The press is talking as if the three players who already joined are part of the total seven. But the 120 millions euros seem too big. Sosa, Schlaudraff and Altintop cost us 7.2 millions in transfer fees. Toni would cost around 20. Jansen around 7 million. Ze is for free. So the addition would be: 34.2 million euros in transfer fees for six players (excluding the wages). Our profits alone were 30 million euros, not to mention we'll be selling Hargreaves for a simewhat similar sum.

So I really dunno, we've been promised a spending spree, and so far we've seen nothing of it, if the names suggested by the press are true.

Oh, and sorry for getting out of topic. :D
alex
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:48 pm

alex wrote:
Rummenigge must have made those comments assuming that we won't be signing Klose

But those comments were also made after the board presented the list of potential targets... so if he is still "assuming" that Klose won't come till now, then, the likelihood of Makaay staying is much bigger than Klose coming.

i wish the 7 new signings didnt include the already confirmed ones

That's the real mystery here! The press is talking as if the three players who already joined are part of the total seven. But the 120 millions euros seem too big. Sosa, Schlaudraff and Altintop cost us 7.2 millions in transfer fees. Toni would cost around 20. Jansen around 7 million. Ze is for free. So the addition would be: 34.2 million euros in transfer fees for six players (excluding the wages). Our profits alone were 30 million euros, not to mention we'll be selling Hargreaves for a simewhat similar sum.

So I really dunno, we've been promised a spending spree, and so far we've seen nothing of it, if the names suggested by the press are true.

Oh, and sorry for getting out of topic. :D

yes, explained well. as you are saying, it doesnt seem like (or shouldnt be like) that the new 7 signings will include the already confirmed 3. also they said they would make changes in EVERY area of the team so another 3/4 signings wouldnt really cut it essentially (but probably could?).
with that being said, maybe this is a good sign that we will be getting a new CB (hopefully to replace van buyten -delpierre?) and a WB , most likely being jansen?
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby xevi » Thu May 17, 2007 8:09 pm

alex wrote:The picture is getting clearer every day (or supposedly clearer): Toni (1), Jansen (2), Schlaudraff, Altintop, Sosa (3, 4 and 5). And since Hitzfeld said he expects exactly seven new players, we still have two spots to fill: Ze and Klose?? The latter seems unlikely...

but can't be only these players. We almost need a one midfielder to give a image to bayern like robben, quaresma. our midfield cant be sosa, vbommel, ze, schweini. there isn't improve.

i think that the new players will be schlaudraff, altintop, sosa, toni, jansen, zé roberto and after one or two midfielders more: a winger and a new hargreaves, and if van buyten leaves a defender.

so almost we will have 7 new players and i think that in a hard case until 9

Mr.X--------vbommel--------zé/Mr.X2--------schweinsteiger
sosa-------altintop-----------ottl----------------zé/jansen
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:47 pm

i doubt ottl will be playing on the first team for a long time... at least in the starting 11.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

makaay would not leave bayern this year

Postby lebanon » Thu May 17, 2007 11:13 pm

Rummenigge said today::

Makaay steht nicht zur Disposition

Makaay does not stand for arrangement

Rummenigge said today:: makky he score this year 16 goal and he second scorer in bundeslega this year and he play Different method and Most of the attackers world and has a special method bayern have 2 forwod player very Wonderful and bayern need to have 4 player have one level and he said if bayern sing with toni and klose is better The future must be a basic level of Dick alternative

iam so sorry coz my english not bad but my love to bayern munich and germany team forced me to be with you and try translated some of the news and to talk about this news my name afif from lebanon this f1 time i write in this nice forum I wish to be a friend to all
lebanon
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby walter » Thu May 17, 2007 11:22 pm

Hi afif, welcome to the forum. Coincidentally, I went to eat Lebanese food (I love it!) at a restaurant just down the road from work (I am in Texas, US). Always good to hear from fellow Bayern fans from around the world,
cheers,
W.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FC Bajern » Fri May 18, 2007 12:08 am

Welcome afif,Image you remind me of BoratImage
FC Bajern

Postby Schweini_rules » Fri May 18, 2007 3:01 am

Welcome Lebanon , you did well and joined us . Dont hesitate to post !
Yeah Makaay wont probably leave Munich this year..
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bayern1301 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:00 am

welcome to the forum afif and hope you enjoy your stay.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Walls » Fri May 18, 2007 6:18 am

Welcome
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern1301 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Bundesliga - Makaay set to leave Bayern

Eurosport - Tue, 05 Jun 16:37:00 2007

Bundesliga - Bayern Munich striker Roy Makaay could be set to leave the club, with rumours growing of a move back to his native Holland.
FOOTBALL 2006-2007 Bundesliga M'gladbach-Bayern Makaay Bögelund - 1

The 32-year-old has been pushed down the pecking order at Bayern following the arrival of strikers Jan Schlaudraff and Luca Toni, and the possible capture of Werder Bremen star Miroslav Klose on the horizon, the Bavarian club are happy to let him leave.

Dutch daily "De Telegraaf" reported that discussions have already taken place over Makaay's exit from the club, despite his contract running until the end of next season.

The striker has managed an impressive 78 goals in 129 Bundesliga games for Bayern since arriving for a club record 18.75 million euros from Deportivo La Coruna in 2003, though received criticism for some of his performances last season, and his commitment was called into question by club bosses.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05062007/ ... ayern.html

i await the imminent fcb confirmation :lol: . at least we will be getting abit of money for him if he leaves this transfer period. it doesnt seem likely that he will be getting the chance to play any matches for us now with the arrival of our new signings so this would be a good move for both he and the club.
---------------Kahn
Sagnol---Lucio---Van Buyten---Lahm
---Van Bommel-----Ze Roberto------
Ribery-------------------------Schweini
----------Klose----Toni----------------
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby soccerkyle » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:01 pm

I like Roy but if we get Klose in addition to Toni i think its a move that has to happen especially when i want Podolski to play often also
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion