You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roy Makaay

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Makaay still great?

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes : 17

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:34 pm

yeah its sad that pizarro considers himself to be world class. clearly he is not and has never been and never will. i would in fact be disappointed if he stayed honestly.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:48 pm

bayern1301 wrote:yeah its sad that pizarro considers himself to be world class. clearly he is not and has never been and never will. i would in fact be disappointed if he stayed honestly.

I honestly think Pizarro is our best striker....better than Makaay...

btw,,, welcome to the forum...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Abe84 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Pizarro better than Makaay :roll: In my opinion Pizarro doesn't even have half of the class Makaay possesses. Add his caracter to it and its clear that its time to move on for him.

Pizarro will never reach the status of top player. He will never be able come near to Makaay's impressive career. Banging in goals everywhere.

Makaay might be getting too old, Pizarro should be at his best now. And he still isn't better.

UPDATE:

I just read at our website www.vi.nl (kind of kicker.de) that PSV is interested in taking Pizarro and/or Makaay...
Afonso, Fenomeno!
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soccerkyle » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:06 pm

We should keep Makaay because he is a good player who i would like to see finish his career in Munich and this year lets be honest he isnt getting anything played to him in good positions from the wings or midfield.
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PSV target Bayern strikers

Postby charger256 » Tue May 01, 2007 4:51 pm

PSV Eindhoven have reportedly set their sights on bringing in a striker from Bayern Munich in the summer.

Claudio Pizarro (pictured) is believed to be the Dutch club's first choice, but Roy Makaay could also be a possibility.

PSV are also thought to have been keeping tabs on Roque Santa Cruz, but the Paraguayan has no interest in playing in the Eredivisie.

Pizarro is willing to leave Bayern at the end of the season, but PSV will likely face competition for his services.

Clubs in Spain, Italy and England are interested in the Peruvian striker's services.

Makaay is considered the alternative for PSV with just one year remaining on his contract at the Allianz Arena.

Bayern will likely look for attacking reinforcements in the summer so the 32-year-old Dutchman could be surplus to requirements.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby SweetLeisha » Fri May 04, 2007 12:09 pm

I saw some rumor on a forum, that PSV will discuss with Bayern this weekend about Makaay.
:lol:
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Fri May 04, 2007 12:18 pm

unless Toni and Klose (or two similar quality strikers) are coming nothing is going to happen in this case
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SweetLeisha » Fri May 04, 2007 12:30 pm

I agree. May be Huntelaar?
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Fri May 04, 2007 1:05 pm

no
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Re: PSV target Bayern strikers

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat May 05, 2007 2:34 am

charger256 wrote:PSV Eindhoven have reportedly set their sights on bringing in a striker from Bayern Munich in the summer.

Claudio Pizarro (pictured) is believed to be the Dutch club's first choice, but Roy Makaay could also be a possibility.

PSV are also thought to have been keeping tabs on Roque Santa Cruz, but the Paraguayan has no interest in playing in the Eredivisie.

Pizarro is willing to leave Bayern at the end of the season, but PSV will likely face competition for his services.

Clubs in Spain, Italy and England are interested in the Peruvian striker's services.

Makaay is considered the alternative for PSV with just one year remaining on his contract at the Allianz Arena.

Bayern will likely look for attacking reinforcements in the summer so the 32-year-old Dutchman could be surplus to requirements.

Kick them out both. From next year we will have, podolski , possibly Toni and Schaudaff and a youngster from the second team probably.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat May 05, 2007 2:35 am

Or yeah Klose as well but thats almost impossible.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Re: PSV target Bayern strikers

Postby MUTU » Sat May 05, 2007 9:27 am

Schweini_rules wrote:Kick them out both. From next year we will have, podolski , possibly Toni and Schaudaff and a youngster from the second team probably.

I hope not!
Toni isn't so much better to Makaay in my opinion, Pizarro is better than Schlaudraff, Podolski we had this season as well, and probably Santa Cruz is better (hard to believe, huh?) than the youngster from the second team.

In all, I'd say it's a step back, and the board want to improve on this season. I doubt we will sell 3 of our strikers. But if we do, we will sign 2/3 more players and not just Toni.... perhaps Afonso Alves.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paddy » Sat May 05, 2007 10:15 am

ummm...well Toni will score 5 goals more minimum in thr Bundesliga than Makaay....he score plenty of goals in the Seria which is a harder competition than Bundesliga, though I´d rather see someone else cause he´s 30 and italian....
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat May 05, 2007 2:46 pm

yeah true , though well i have no idea why we signed that Schlaudraff dude, i mean look at him , he is not even a professional football player. He got suspended because he didn't perform as expected after he signed to Bayern.

Pizarro is hell of a striker but his attitude OMG

Makaay is getting old, he is obvisouly not performing and that is normal.

Podolski , again our young "star", i don't know what wrong with him but i do believe he will regain his striking ability.

Santa Cruz, god dont even mention him. He cant even pass the ball to one of his team mates.

Toni, i do think he will bring the change in front of our midfielders. Maybe he is 30 or something..but he will be a nightmare for the opposite defence.

Alves, hmm , a very promising attacker but we are not too sure if he can perform in the Bundesliga.

The controversial "youngster" from our second team if we dont sign anyone , well i dont know who that migh tbe but hope that he is going to be a good outcome ,an unexpected one..
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Abe84 » Sat May 05, 2007 3:59 pm

Today Makaay said to a Dutch TV station he is not yet ready to return to The Netherlands. He declares himself fit and good enough to stay in Munich. And he did not get any signals from the club's board that he can leave. With Podolski, Toni (if he signes) and sub Makaay you already have nice options upfront.

PSV wanted Pizzaro, Santa, Makaay, they won't get one of them.

But of course things might change in summer. But for now, no Makaay returning to our league.
Afonso, Fenomeno!
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion