You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roy Makaay

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Makaay still great?

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes : 17

Postby Mirage » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:54 pm

I think Bayern should keep him for now. If Toni comes, he'll be getting rotated a lot anyway, presumably.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:18 pm

toni by rights should have a guaranteed first choice position. according to his price and the fact that bayern are buying quality, rotation between he and makaay (or even podolski at his current form) would be absurd. it would be understandable if makaay rotated with podolski though.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SweetLeisha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:30 pm

I wish Klose could come and Makaay could leave. :lol:
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:36 pm

yes klose would be so good for our team. i particularly like the idea of he teaming next to posolski lol like as they do in the german NT, they play well together. plus as someone else said klose actually supplies the ball to others, something that makaay, podolski, pizarro, and santa cruz severely struggle in lately.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SweetLeisha » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:51 pm

You agree with me? IF Klose come, Makaay could go?
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:55 pm

We need 4 strikers. Most likely Pizarro and Santa Cruz are leaving. If Makaay leaves as well, it won't be enough to have Toni, Klose and Podolski. Because what if a day after the transfer window closes, a player breaks his leg and is going to be out for like 8 months? We'd only have 2 strikers then, unless you add Schlaudraff to the list. But I feel that Schlaudraff was bought more for the midfield than the attack.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:58 pm

of course! even if we dont get klose, i think makaay should go. he in my opinion is one of the guilty this season for not putting in enough effort and doesnt deserve another chance.

if pizarro, santa cruz and makaay (all who have played to a below-par level) leave, we will have podolski and toni. plus schlaudraff and sosa have the ability to play striker or CF as well so i dont think it would be a problem if these players go at all.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Abe84 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:58 pm

...And I feel Schlaudraff was brought in to warm the bench.

Everyone wants Klose, I understand, but how realistic is it that he will change Werder for one of the huge rivals. Wouldn't even give it 1%. You will lose 3 strikers: Santa, Pizarro and Makaay. Bayern better look for some cheap but prolific guys and buy Toni.

Schlaudraff might be something in future.
Afonso, Fenomeno!
Abe84
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:02 pm

bayern1301 wrote:if pizarro, santa cruz and makaay (all who have played to a below-par level)

Funnily enough, this was Pizarro's best season at Bayern. However, he's now being too greedy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:20 pm

MUTU wrote: this was Pizarro's best season at Bayern.

I doubt that
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:25 pm

Duncan wrote:
MUTU wrote: this was Pizarro's best season at Bayern.

I doubt that

It was but he didn´t get enough chances...he was better than poldi this season but poldi played more in the second half...dont know why tho...
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:31 pm

Abe84 wrote:...And I feel Schlaudraff was brought in to warm the bench...
Schlaudraff might be something in future.

i disagree, unless we buy a better attacking midfielder then it seems that he he would fit well in the attacking line up. but if what ur saying is true then im sure he would be a regular sub and a good one at that.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:00 pm

Paddy wrote:It was but he didn´t get enough chances...he was better than poldi this season but poldi played more in the second half...dont know why tho...

06/07:
games 30 / goals: 7 / assists: 4

02/03:
games: 31 / goals: 15 / assists: 5

I'm to lazy to count the minutes played but 02/03 looks much better

He disappointed this year and therefore he doesn't get a new contract
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern1301 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:08 pm

especially when he was asking an absurd amount too. he was demanding he be paid 4.5 mill a year or something, what shevchenko gets paid. pizarro never truly impressed.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:23 pm

bayern1301 wrote:especially when he was asking an absurd amount too. he was demanding he be paid 4.5 mill a year or something, what shevchenko gets paid. pizarro never truly impressed.

I remember the quote that Honess said...."if he wants the same pay as Shevchenko, then he needs to play like Shevchenko." That was Pizarro's problem, he played well at times but he showed that he didn't deserve that type of pay. But, I need to add that none of the strikers this season have been superb. :D

I wouldn't be upset if Makaay left but I wouldn't be disappointed either.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion