You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roy Makaay

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Makaay still great?

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes : 17

Postby Marko » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:21 pm

But,they have luck. Everybody knows that Bayern is biger,and that remainds :!:
Todays football is all about the money,ain't it?
strenght to endure
Marko
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:02 am

MUTU wrote:It was a stupid rumour made up by a newspaper to sell :)

The Barcelona officials completely denied it. And I believe them... with their quality, money and ambitions, I think they'd set their sights on someone who's a bit better than Makaay.

yo
but mr mutu youshloud know that he is rated highly by his former dutch coach rijkaard.Makaay was the best forward 3yrs back.IN fifa 05 he's been rated higher than ruud and sheva
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:08 pm

MUTU wrote:They might be playing in a superior league but it certainly isn't more attractive (the Bundesliga has higher attendances, higher number of goals and there is currently much more of a competition over who will win the league). Moreover, Arsenal are sucking domestically, while Bayern are coasting. Last season, the only reason they made it into a CL spot was that the Tottenham players were magically food poisoned the night before the match... very fishy indeed.

In the meantime, Bayern celebrated winning the double for the second reason in a row.

XD I havent heard that about Tottenham before. V. fishy indeed.
Yes, thats true, there's more competition over who'll win the title than there is in England. Why is it so many people disregard Bayern Munich these days? I really do think that a lot of teams dismiss us as been a bit rubbishy as though our glory days are behind us and we're only good enough for the Bundesliga. Maybe if we spend a bit more dosh, people will fear us more?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nessa13 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:28 pm

i dnt like makaay, so i want bayern to change him because hes ugly and he does nthing on the field. its stupid. like i said already, all makaay does is pop out of nowhere and scores. and if hr doesnt do that, then he just runs on the field but does nothing. whats the point of having him on the team if he doesnt do anything? i want him to leaveeeeee. and then podolski would play the whole game :wink:
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby kevh26 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:14 pm

MUTU wrote:You rate him that highly? I thought he's not quality enough to make it big at Bayern.

yeah, i honestly believe that given the right people around him, he'd be a fantastic signing, and half the price of the rest...

I also tend to prefer 'rough and ready' players, one's that aren't afraid of challenging constantly, ie Scott Parker, Joey Barton, Gattusso... that sort of player, but we never seem to be accredited with an interest in those!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:19 pm

WE defiently need Ribery , if we achieve to get him he will be THE BAYERN PLAYER...his just simply what we need..
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Roy Makaay

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:39 am

Bayern Munich striker Roy Makaay had a back-to-basics message to team-mates as they look to improve on their poor scoring record one week into Ottmar Hitzfeld's new reign with a Sunday fixture at home to Arminia Bielefeld.

Fourth-placed Bayern Munich, for whom only winning the title is deemed a successful season, are 11 points behind leaders Schalke 04.

The arrival last week of Hitzfeld, who took them to the 2001 Champions League title, didn't have the desired immediate effect with defeat to Nuremberg in his first match.

Bayern have found the net 32 times in 20 league matches which statistically is their worst goal-scoring haul since the 1991/92 season, when they had only scored 27 at the same point, before ending the season in 10th spot for their worst final position in the last three decades.

"Sometimes it's good to return to the basics and go through the standard routines," Roy Makaay told the club's internet site.

"Obviously we've not forgotten how to score goals, but nothing's going our way at the present time, and it starts to chip away at your confidence."

Makaay added that simply scoring more often was not enough.

"It's all about recapturing our former strength," the striker said, adding: "We're letting in too many goals. Conceding very few goals was always a strength here at Bayern in the past.

"I'm convinced we'll soon base our attacking efforts on a solid defensive platform."

And on the Arminia Bielefeld game, Makaay continued: "It's an important game and we need to win. We want to close the gap to third place, not see it get bigger."

Bayern have earned just a single point and two goals from three matches in the second half of the campaign.

Hitzfeld has vowed to improve their goal scoring record and has made it a priority in his first few days in the job.

Schalke 04, who surged three points ahead of Werder Bremen following their 2-0 away victory last weekend, host Hertha Berlin, while Bremen have a trip to VfB Stuttgart.

Schalke coach Mirko Slomka said, though they were buoyed by the Bremen victory, they were not getting carried away.

"Of course we are delighted with this success," Slomka said.

"But we are working in just the same way as before and concentrating even better."

Friday:
Hanover vs VfL Wolfsburg

Saturday:
VfB Stuttgart vs Werder Bremen, Schalke 04 vs Hertha Berlin, Hamburg SV vs Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen vs Eintracht Frankfurt, Borussia Monchengladbach vs Alemannia Aachen, Mainz 05 vs Energie Cottbus

Sunday:
VfL Bochum vs FC Nuremberg, Bayern Munich vs Arminia Bielefeld
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Makaay fires back-to-basics message to struggling Bayern

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:14 am

Bayern Munich striker Roy Makaay had a back-to-basics message to teammates as they look to improve on their poor scoring record one week into Ottmar Hitzfeld's new reign with a Sunday fixture at home to Arminia Bielefeld.
Fourth-placed Bayern
, for whom nothing less than winning the German league title will do for a season to be deemed a success, is 11 points behind leader Schalke 04. :cry:

The arrival last week of Hitzfeld, who took the club to the 2001 Champions League title, did not have the desired immediate effect with defeat to Nuremberg in his first match.

Bayern has found the net 32 times in 20 league matches, its worst goal- scoring haul since the 1991-92 season when it had only scored 27 at the same point, before ending the season in 10th spot - the club's worst final position in the past three decades. :arrow:

"Sometimes it's good to return to the basics and go through the standard routines," Makaay said. "We've not forgotten how to score goals, but nothing's going our way, and it starts to chip away at your confidence."

Makaay added that simply scoring more often was not enough.

"It's all about recapturing our former strength," the striker said, adding: "We're letting in too many goals. Conceding very few goals was always a strength here at Bayern in the past.

"I'm convinced we'll soon base our attacking efforts on a solid defensive platform."

Bayern has earned just a single point and two goals from three matches in the second half of the campaign. :oops:

Hitzfeld has vowed to improve the side's goal-scoring record and has made it a priority in his first few days in the job.

Schalke 04, which surged three points ahead of Werder Bremen following its 2-0 away victory last weekend, hosts Hertha Berlin, while Bremen has a trip to VfB Stuttgart.

"Of course we are delighted with this success," Schalke coach Mirko Slomka said following the win over Bremen.

"But we are working in just the same way as before and concentrating even better." =;

The Standard
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:26 am

On the Arminia Bielefeld game, Makaay said: "It's an important game and we need to win. We want to close the gap to third place, not see it get bigger." 8-[

Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Makaay

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:47 pm

I think Roy Makaay has already become a legend at this club with his pheonominal goal scoring record, but alot of people seem to think he's past it and wouldn't be missed if he were to go.

WHAT DO YOU REALLY THINK?
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Re: Makaay

Postby Walls » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:26 am

FCB 4 EVA wrote:I think Roy Makaay has already become a legend at this club with his pheonominal goal scoring record, but alot of people seem to think he's past it and wouldn't be missed if he were to go.

WHAT DO YOU REALLY THINK?

He is still good but hes not the same anymore...I miss Elber back in the days...we need him for madrid =P
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:23 am

he better start scoring ...
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 am

He's good, though he has problems just like everyone else on the team. It's interesting to note that he is the only Bayern player who has scored in the double digits. He has 11 while Pizarro (the next closest) has 6, and I'm talking about the Bundesliga only. I just wish he could score more. Actually, I wish the others would score more too.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:36 am

He's definitely still our #1 striker.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:27 pm

The only reason Makaay hasn't scored more this season is because of the lack of service he's getting from our midfield. Ex: against Bielefeld where he got that long ball and made it the goal, then no one got the ball to him for the rest of the game, no more goals. I think Makaay would be sorely missed if he were to move on without the team getting an adequate replacement. (And by adequate I mean a younger machine like Drogba or Eto'o.) None of the other Bayern strikers can come close to Makaay in terms of consistency, which is what football is all about. Hell, there are very few strikers in the world at his age that have been that consistent for that long. If the midfield got the ball to him in the box a little more often, this poll wouldn't even exist.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion