You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roy Makaay

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Makaay still great?

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes : 17

Re: Roy Makaay

Postby eliasov » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Bayern Munich should never have sold Lucio to Inter - Roy Makaay

Former Bayern Munich forward Roy Makaay has looked over the weaknesses in the club's current side, stating that the team's problems stem from the back and claimed that if he was in charge he would not have sold Lucio to Inter.

The Bavarian side had a below-par season, just managing to make the Champions League places by finishing third in the Bundesliga, and being knocked out of Europe by the Nerazzurri and the Dutchman believes the side are missing a top drawer centre half.

"Back in the centre of defence, I [would] never have sold Lucio," the 36-year-old told tz.

"He was one of the best central defenders with whom I played. At that time a decision was made to sell - it doesn't matter by whom - and now they have just noticed that he is missing."

Die Roten are starting a rebuilding process with the signatures of Manuel Neuer and defender Rafinha but the retired forward has identified other problem areas.

"Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery have had long injury spells, thus [we] have two class players missing," the former Feyenoord frontman continued.

"Of course, [Bastian] Schweinsteiger, [Philipp] Lahm, [Thomas] Muller and [Mario] Gomez played a great season, but if Ribery is missing, the quality of the team decreases tremendously."

The Munich-based club will have to go through the qualifying round to make European club football's elite competition, and Makaay has identified Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona as the main powerhouse in the continent.

"Barcelona's [performance] was [something] that we have not seen in a Champions League final, he added.

"Barca is still very far away. Also, Real Madrid, apart from the games against Barcelona, showed excellent form
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3275/bundesliga/2011/06/11/2527508/bayern-munich-should-never-have-sold-lucio-to-inter-roy

oh well said by makaay we really need an experienced deffender like lucio
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AMLN » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:40 pm

I agree with him. With Lúcio, we would win the 2010 final and make the final in 2011
AMLN
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:38 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JJJ » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Oh, 19 y/o Higuain... and the goal, amazing. These chills. :)
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby JJJ » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:14 pm

Happy birthday! 39 it is.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Previous

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion