You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roque Santa Cruz

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Blackburn tracking Santa Cruz

Postby Mirage » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:49 pm

charger256 wrote:
He said last week: “I do not want to stay in German football. It is a different mentality. It is not as liberal as other championships. ”

What could he mean by that? anyone :?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1301 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:21 am

Mirage wrote:
charger256 wrote:
He said last week: “I do not want to stay in German football. It is a different mentality. It is not as liberal as other championships. ”

not sure but he's probably pissed off that he isn't wanted in germany. to my knowledge i don't even think he has received an offer or confirmation of interest from a single bundesliga side.
---------------Kahn
Sagnol---Lucio---Van Buyten---Lahm
---Van Bommel-----Ze Roberto------
Ribery-------------------------Schweini
----------Klose----Toni----------------
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby redgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:57 am

bayern1301 wrote:
Mirage wrote:
charger256 wrote:

not sure but he's probably pissed off that he isn't wanted in germany. to my knowledge i don't even think he has received an offer or confirmation of interest from a single bundesliga side.

there were interests from hertha bsc in winter break and from wolfsburg.

@charger:
did roque say that word to word? :-s
redgirl
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Santa Cruz has to go

Postby Kaback9 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:27 pm

lets just let him leave i mean comeon we already have poldi,Toni and Klose..i think thats enough
Kaback9
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:27 pm

redgirl wrote:
@charger:

I'm not Charger but I'll respond to the question. I do believe that he said that. I had read it in a Spanish interview and that's the translation that I got when I read it. I also don't understand what he meant by "liberal." I guess he's the only one that can truly explain what he meant by using the word "liberal."
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby redgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:06 pm

tracylynn wrote:
redgirl wrote:
@charger:

I'm not Charger but I'll respond to the question. I do believe that he said that. I had read it in a Spanish interview and that's the translation that I got when I read it. I also don't understand what he meant by "liberal." I guess he's the only one that can truly explain what he meant by using the word "liberal."

perhaps nobody likes the music with his guitar? :P

seriously perhaps he is disappointed that he hasn't the chance to play. it was not the polite kind what he said.
redgirl
Getting the hang of it

Postby podolski4life » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:35 pm

Maybe the Spanish word for liberal has different meanings.

I think he's just complaining about his lack of playing time.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:39 pm

redgirl wrote:

seriously perhaps he is disappointed that he hasn't the chance to play. it was not the polite kind what he said.

Perhaps he tried to play his guitar like Eddie Van Halen and instead he played it like a beginner. :D

I know he's disappointed at the lack of playing time he had in Bayern but whose fault is that?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby redgirl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:58 pm

tracylynn wrote:
redgirl wrote:

Perhaps he tried to play his guitar like Eddie Van Halen and instead he played it like a beginner. :D

I know he's disappointed at the lack of playing time he had in Bayern but whose fault is that?

if roque had fought and played more than he had done it till now, he would be a good player. but he hadn't done it.
redgirl
Getting the hang of it

Roque weighs up England move

Postby charger256 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm

The likes of Blackburn, Manchester City and West Ham are all thought to be tracking the Bayern Munich striker.

Santa Cruz looks set to leave Bayern after growing increasingly frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities.

The 25-year-old has fallen down the pecking order in Ottmar Hitzfeld's squad and would probably be fourth-choice striker behind Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski.

Santa Cruz has caught the attention of several clubs after impressing in the recent Copa America for Paraguay, including netting a hat-trick in the game against Colombia.

The player's agent Jan van Baal confirmed a few English clubs have expressed an interest in Santa Cruz and that the player would be keen on playing in the Premier League.

"There has been interest from some clubs in Roque, but nothing concrete," van Baal told skysports.com.

"At this stage it looks like he will leave Bayern Munich, but nothing is settled.

"His first choice if he moves would be England.

"The Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world and is a big dream of Roque's to play there."
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Roque Santa Cruz (Transfer Talk)

Postby Rahima » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:33 am

I think that it will be good for Roque to play in England, I'm sure that he will be able to prove himself there. The more he plays the more he will score. I wish him all the best for his career. [/b]
Rahima
First post

Postby Mirage » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:07 pm

I agree. I think he'll do well wherever he goes.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:42 pm

07-18-2007
Santa Cruz set to quit Bayern Munich

Paraguay international striker Roque Santa Cruz looks to be on his way out of Bayern Munich, the club's manager Uli Hoeness revealed on Wednesday.

With five strikers now on the German giant's book, the 25-year-old has already said he wants away from Munich and has been linked with a possible move to English clubs West Ham United or Manchester City.

Although Italian World Cup winner Luca Toni, Jan Schlaudraff and Lukas Podolski are all carrying injuries - leaving Miroslav Klose as the club's only fit striker - Hoeness gave a strong hint that Santa Cruz is surplus to requirements.

'We have four players for the two striking positions, that is more than enough,' said Bayern's manager, when asked about Santa Cruz's situation.

Roque signed for Bayern in 1999, scoring 12 goals in 143 appearances, but has suffered with injuries and heavy competition for a place in the Bayern team.

MUNICH, Germany (AFP) © 2007 AFP
tracylynn
I post all the time

Rovers want Santa Cruz answer

Postby charger256 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:49 am

Mark Hughes wants Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz to give Blackburn an answer this week over a £4.5million move.

Hughes wants a quick decision so he can decide whether to ditch Santa Cruz, also wanted by Porto, and try to snap up James Beattie from Everton instead.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:02 pm

Rovers are reportedly trying to bring the Roque Santa Cruz to Ewood Park with Mark Hughes keen to bolster the attack that is spearheaded by South African ace Benni McCarthy, who is said to be happy at the moment and not looking for a move to a Champions League club.

According to The Daily Mirror, Rovers are willing to pay around £4.5million for Santa Cruz, who was not a regular for the Bavarians of late due to fierce competition.

Santa Cruz, who had joined the German giants in 1999, has suffered a series of injuries limiting his number of league appearances for Bayern to 155 with 29 goals, during his almost eight year spell.

Nevertheless, Hughes wants the deal to be done and is said to be keen to make progress by the weekend.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion