You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roque Santa Cruz

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:37 am

everybody wins with this...

...apart from betis lol 8)
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Walls » Thu May 17, 2007 12:39 am

bayern1301 wrote:everybody wins with this...

...apart from betis lol 8)

HAHAHAHAHA good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Roque Santa Cruz pleased with Benfica interest

Postby diegis » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:02 am

Bayern Munich striker, Roque Santa Cruz, has admitted that he would be receptive to a move to Benfica.

The Paraguayan, who is deemed excess to requirements at the Bavarian giants, is seeking more playing time and would be more than happy to find it with the Portuguese club.

“I still do not know anything about this, but Benfica are a big club who always play to be champions. For this reason, this news pleases me,” said the 26-year-old.

The striker continues to be unaware of any official interest and denies being contacted by the club, but affirms that he is looking to leave in order to get more minutes on the pitch.

“The only reason I want to leave is because I want to play more. This is more important than money.”
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tracylynn » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:41 pm

7/3/2007 5:25 AM

Santa Cruz Asks For Roma Or Milan Move

Paraguayan striker Roque Santa Cruz, talks about his possibility of joining AS Roma or AC Milan…

“I am looking for a different club as I won’t continue with Bayern Munich anymore,” he said.

“My contract will expire next year but I am allowed to rescind it."

He insisted, though, that he was not leaving to avoid competition with Luca Toni: "I am not inferior to Toni, and I can assure you that time will tell."

Then Santa Cruz revealed his desire to play in the Serie A: “My manager has said that two English clubs are keen to sign me. However, I would like to play in Italy.

"I really like Totti’s Roma, it’s a club that plays a modern and aggressive style. It would be my ideal team, that’s for sure.

"If not Roma then AC Milan could be an idea. I remember that two years ago, Cesare Maldini mentioned my name to the club’s leadership.

"What a dream it would be to play with AC Milan, especially if you consider that I would team up with Ronaldo up front.

"I’d say, hand me a contract and I would pen it straight away."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to admit that he's saying some funny things in this article. LOL!! So, he's not inferior to Luca Toni? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he is inferior to Toni in every way. Secondly, it'll be a dream for him to play alongside Ronaldo? Oh my!! Ronaldo is having weight issues and is back in Rio de Janiero to get a personal trainer because of it. Plus, Milan sent a doctor to help him out. I guess he wouldn't mind playing alongside a player who is having physical problems because he thinks he can carry a team. I guess scoring those three goals have really went to his head. I wonder if his head is as big as Mr. Makay's on South Park?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:41 pm

I don't think he did much for us but I do wish him well. I'd like to see him in England for some reason, just for the hell of it, but I'm sure he'll go to portugal or spain.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fcelber87 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:42 pm

tracylynn wrote:7/3/2007 5:25 AM

Santa Cruz Asks For Roma Or Milan Move

Paraguayan striker Roque Santa Cruz, talks about his possibility of joining AS Roma or AC Milan…

“I am looking for a different club as I won’t continue with Bayern Munich anymore,” he said.

“My contract will expire next year but I am allowed to rescind it."

He insisted, though, that he was not leaving to avoid competition with Luca Toni: "I am not inferior to Toni, and I can assure you that time will tell."

Then Santa Cruz revealed his desire to play in the Serie A: “My manager has said that two English clubs are keen to sign me. However, I would like to play in Italy.

"I really like Totti’s Roma, it’s a club that plays a modern and aggressive style. It would be my ideal team, that’s for sure.

"If not Roma then AC Milan could be an idea. I remember that two years ago, Cesare Maldini mentioned my name to the club’s leadership.

"What a dream it would be to play with AC Milan, especially if you consider that I would team up with Ronaldo up front.

"I’d say, hand me a contract and I would pen it straight away."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to admit that he's saying some funny things in this article. LOL!! So, he's not inferior to Luca Toni? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he is inferior to Toni in every way. Secondly, it'll be a dream for him to play alongside Ronaldo? Oh my!! Ronaldo is having weight issues and is back in Rio de Janiero to get a personal trainer because of it. Plus, Milan sent a doctor to help him out. I guess he wouldn't mind playing alongside a player who is having physical problems because he thinks he can carry a team. I guess scoring those three goals have really went to his head. I wonder if his head is as big as Mr. Makay's on South Park?

What? Santa Cruz what on earth are you talking about? Milan? Huh, try Ipswich Town or Ajaccio,but Milan...I love you to death Roque but dream on buddy.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Yeah you´re not inferior to Toni. :lol: :lol:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Santa Cruz to Galatasaray?

Postby charger256 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Galatasaray are looking to bring Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz to Istanbul, according to reports in the Turkish media.

Gala’s new German coach Karl-Heinz Feldkamp is thought to be keen on the Paraguay international.

Santa Cruz is known to be unhappy at Bayern and has expressed a desire to leave the Allianz Arena.

He has fallen down the pecking order in Ottmar Hitzfeld’s squad and would probably be fourth-choice striker behind Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski if he stayed.

According to the Turkish media negotiations have already begun, although there has been no confirmation from the Bavarian giants.

Galatasaray are reportedly ready to offer the 25-year-old a two-year deal with an option for a further year.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:12 pm

If he plays good in Copa America and scores goals, then I'm sure he will end up in a descent club next season.
FC Bajern

Eriksson to swoop for £8m Santa Cruz

Postby charger256 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:18 am

Sven Goran Eriksson wants to make Bayern Munich's £8m striker Roque Santa Cruz his first signing as Manchester City boss.

Eriksson hopes to take over at Eastlands once Thaksin Shinawatra's buyout is confirmed but has already gone a long way to securing the services of Santa Cruz, according to reports in the Daily Star.

The 25-year-old is currently with Paraguay at the Copa America and netted a hat-trick against Colombia.

Bayern have already signed Germany striker Miroslav Klose to replace Santa Cruz.

I'd say this is a very good price :)
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:34 pm

That is too good to be true^
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:49 pm

I say let 'em have him.

My friend who has been watching the Copa America doesn't understand why Bayern would allow him to leave since he's playing well for Paraguay, I tried to tell her that he doesn't play like that for Bayern.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby bayern1301 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:31 pm

tracylynn wrote:I say let 'em have him.

My friend who has been watching the Copa America doesn't understand why Bayern would allow him to leave since he's playing well for Paraguay, I tried to tell her that he doesn't play like that for Bayern.

lol very true. i find it quite funny that he plays brilliantly at such a time like this in comparison to ALL his displays in previous years.

it will have a positive effect for both he and bayern as it'll certainly help him receive better offers from better clubs as well as raise his price tag for the benefit of bayern. I believe 8 million is a fantastic price from the munich perspective.
---------------Kahn
Sagnol---Lucio---Van Buyten---Lahm
---Van Bommel-----Ze Roberto------
Ribery-------------------------Schweini
----------Klose----Toni----------------
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Blackburn tracking Santa Cruz

Postby charger256 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:20 am

Blackburn Rovers manager Mark Hughes is tracking Paraguayan striker Roque Santa Cruz.

The 25-year-old star, who was recently in Venezuela with his country for the Copa America, appears to have become surplus to requirements at Bayern Munich after they signed German international striker Miroslav Klose earlier in the summer.

It is understood Santa Cruz could cost up to £8 million, which could prove a stumbling block, but Rovers look set to miss out Craig Bellamy, who should rubber-stamp his £7.5 million move to West Ham.

Rovers chairman John Williams said: “We have been made aware of his availability by a number of agents. He’s a player that Mark is aware of.”

Santa Cruz scored a hat-trick against Columbia in the Copa America.

And he has made it clear his future lies away from the Bundesliga.

He said last week: “I do not want to stay in German football. It is a different mentality. It is not as liberal as other championships. Besides, I could not play against Bayern. Out of respect for its fans and the city. My two daughters were born in Munich.”
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

Blackburn rival Man City for Bayern Munich's Santa Cruz

Postby charger256 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:39 am

Blackburn Rovers will rival Manchester City for Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz.
The Paraguay international is quitting Bayern this summer after a difficult last season in the Bundesliga.

The People says Manchester City and Blackburn are going head-to-head in a £4.5 million battle to sign Santa Cruz.
charger256
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion