You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Roque Santa Cruz

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:10 pm

Please go dude....We should have instead kept Gurrero and let santa cruz leave..It's been a waste of money IMO.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:46 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Please go dude....We should have instead kept Gurrero and let santa cruz leave..It's been a waste of money IMO.

oh be nice, what if he reads this? then you are going to hurt his feelings :)
FC Bajern

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:51 pm

FC Bajern wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:Please go dude....We should have instead kept Gurrero and let santa cruz leave..It's been a waste of money IMO.

oh be nice, what if he reads this? then you are going to hurt his feelings :)

Lol....Sorry Mr. Santa. But It looks like the relationship is not working anymore....We should call it a day...Good luck for your future ;) I would suggest one club for you... AS Roma..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fa » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:04 am

Santa Cruz never lived up to the high expectations. Since the coming of Magaht he could never claim a regular starting place, neither can he under Hitzfeld. I think its quite sure that he ll be leaving us this summer, but hopefully he stays in Germany so the league doesnt lose another "star"

Btw, guerrero has spend more time on the bench or being injured than playing for HSV this season, so no problem there
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:05 am

I agree that he's surplus to requirements. A striker's main objective is to score goals, and Santa Cruz has never bagged in a quantity of goals. Perhaps he would do well elsewhere, but at Bayern I don't think he has a future.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:03 pm

Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz is ready to move on at the end of the season after yet another disappointing campaign on the fringes.

The Paraguayan has a contract with the Bavarians until 2009, but is unlikely to complete it as his opportunities of first-team football diminish.

"I want to play; I want to feel that I am a footballer," the 25-year-old said in the city's AZ newspaper.

"I would like to play in Spain or England. I don't think I will make a move within Germany."

Santa Cruz has always struggled to make a name for himself at Bayern, but appeared to have made the breakthrough just under two years ago.

Then, like now, he was intent on leaving to find regular first-team football elsewhere and Hertha Berlin were hours away from completing a transfer, until then Bayern coach Felix Magath decided he wanted another look at him.

He began the first few matches of the season and signed a contract extension with the club he joined in 1999.

However, injury forced him out of action and several comeback attempts have been flawed.

Santa Cruz has played in 18 games this term, 11 of them as a substitute.

However, he has been unable to add to his tally of 29 goals.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:57 pm

MUTU wrote:"I would like to play in Spain or England. I don't think I will make a move within Germany."

He can go to Spain or England but he still won't be a starter.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:15 pm

Newcastle monitor want-away Bayern striker Roque Cruz

Premiership clubs are on red alert after Bayern Munich centre-forward Santa Roque Cruz admitted this week he's ready to quit the Bundesliga.

The Paraguayan has a contract with the Bavarians until 2009, but is unlikely to complete it as his opportunities of first-team football diminish.

"I want to play; I want to feel that I am a footballer," the 25-year-old said in the city's AZ newspaper. "I would like to play in Spain or England. I don't think I will make a move within Germany."

Roque Cruz has been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham in the past, while Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder is understood to be aware of the striker's present frustration.

Good for him...but Arsenal too???? :shock:
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:13 pm

I read that thing about Newcastle. It's rubbish... they can't even spell the player's name right :S
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kevh26 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:35 pm

I have to agree with Tracylynn on this, doesn't matter where he goes, he's not going to be a starter in many teams... he just isn't a natural goalscorer, and that's what teams want from their front men!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Santa Cruz is transfer listed at 4-5 million euros, and apparently some Spanish clubs are rumoured to have expressed interest in him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby soccerkyle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:57 am

just get however much money u can for him and get him out
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:02 pm

Paraguay forward Roque Santa Cruz is set to leave German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich because he no longer wants to sit on the substitutes' bench.

"My position is clear: I must go, regardless of what happens, who comes or not," the online edition of the Sport Bild weekly on Wednesday quoted Santa Cruz as saying.

Santa Cruz said he he wants to leave Germany for a foreign league if a summer transfer is possible.

Santa Cruz, 25, came to Munich in 1999, but no longer is a first- choice player at the German top club. He has been plagued by injury and faces stiff opposition for a place in the starting 11 from Roy Makaay, Lukas Podolski and Claudio Pizarro.

Santa Cruz has a contract in Munich until 2009 and coach Ottmar Hitzfeld reportedly doesn't want to let him go.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:31 pm

MUTU wrote:Ottmar Hitzfeld reportedly doesn't want to let him go.

why on earth would he still want him at the club...after seeing the ball control against Milan...:P...Any average striker would have controlled it and had a shot at goal..
just aweful..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:30 am

MUTU wrote:Ottmar Hitzfeld reportedly doesn't want to let him go.

That's not Ottmar Hitzfeld speaking. That's Ottmar Hitzfeld's evil and ignorant twin. Santa Cruz will be gone by the end of summer.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion