You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Ziklitschli wrote:1. And Costa proved a worthy successor.
2. Pep's orders or just waiting for a Boateng or someone elses long pass, can't use that when helping in the midfield. Not a bad idea btw.
3. LoL Costa shoots/ pointlessly dribbles more than passes lately. Watch some matches maybe where Lewy just watched the ball go around.
4. No YOU must be blind. He set up few opportunities and wasted a good chance vs Benfica when he tried to pass to Lahm. Saw him on the left wing as well as middle in the buildup.

Btw don't know how you can blame a player for being lazy etc under Guardiola when the latter does things like

Lewandowski wrote:‘He sometimes puts me on the left wing. It’ll never be my favourite position but I still do my job and score goals. Basically, Guardiola has made me a better player.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -best.html

He's a micromanager, crazy and all ideas, if Lewy sits in the box all match that's probably because he was told to because reasons.

Well, thing is I did mention that it could be pep telling Robert to do that, so I agree. However, with that being said, he doesn't put in a good shift on the team or hold/link up play well in our team.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ziklitschli » Wed May 11, 2016 3:50 pm

I think he plays great with Muller, which was disrupted a bit by Vidal charges into the box just my theory though. The other theory is that Guardiola experiments too much and makes it hard for the players to play together in general.

Anyway, imo, while he has days when he trips over his own legs, even then he can make a difference. He's a bit like Mueller at that, you never know when he will go bonkers at goal.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Ziklitschli » Wed May 11, 2016 8:49 pm

MoFattal wrote:
ottackon wrote:Suarez is the best striker in the world by some distance. I wish he was one of us.

That is something I agree with completely. He's yet on a higher level than any of the currently active strikers.

And yet his finishing was critiqued just like Lewy's was:

http://wap.hupu.com/bbs/5129002.html

He improved, just like Lewy will and if the latter goes, Bayern might miss on his best season under Ancelotti who enables strikers and players in general. It's a gamble worth taking even if some crazy offer comes. He's just as good as Suarez and if it is ever to show up, it's here next year assuming everything is fine in the locker room.

Not to mention that while another, cheaper striker might suffice for Bayern, the 5 in 9 run brought recognition to Lewy and the team the same time. He's a star now and makes Bayern more exciting for general public, which is what the board wants I think and what Kucharski tries to exploit as much as possible. So it's not only about his quality.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Kovacic » Thu May 12, 2016 1:30 pm

I think he is irreplaceable at the moment (concerning where the other 1-2 strikers that could replace him play at) . I'm sure he will show us his teeth next season and how long his nose for goal can be . He's a game changer guys, and those are never supposed to be sold at a top club . He will turn out to be a Media Icon of Bayern in the next 1-2 years I'm sure about it just like Ibra and Ronaldo are for their clubs . I know some of you have a bad opinion about Ibra but him at Bayern was always one lf my wet dreams .
Kovacic
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby DRvad14 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:00 pm

"Mats and Jerome know each other well from the German national team and complement each other. They both have something that most defenders, even at this level, don't have -- the ability to do lots of good stuff with the ball.

"When you have two players at the back who are comfortable to come forward with the ball, who can pass it forward or hit long diagonal balls directly to the strikers, you have more options in possession.

"Mats coming won't just help the defence, he'll help everybody, especially in Europe."
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby prasun77 » Sat May 14, 2016 5:48 pm

What a player 30 goals in 32 games especially when teams are parking the bus.First foreign player to do so.
One of the best strikers in the world undoubtedly and yes...Irreplaceable.42 goals this season with 1 game to go.Amazing. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

FC Bayern player of the year.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat May 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Mario Gomez scored 41 goals in 2011-12 and Mario Manzukic essentially replaced him and we won the treble.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby prasun77 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Mario Gomez scored 41 goals in 2011-12 and Mario Manzukic essentially replaced him and we won the treble.

Mario Gomez did it with jupp heynckes and lewa did it with Pep guardiola..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat May 14, 2016 6:47 pm

prasun77 wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:Mario Gomez scored 41 goals in 2011-12 and Mario Manzukic essentially replaced him and we won the treble.

Mario Gomez did it with jupp heynckes and lewa did it with Pep guardiola..

WHAT? Messi scored +70 with Pep......

Also, it's not like Robert was playing a false nine role or anything like that.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:52 pm

I have to ask, what's your intention of repeatedly saying this kind of stuff in a forum filled with Bayern fans?

For the record I do think Lewandowski is far from an explosive striker and he should do even better especially in big games, but you don't see me repeating it in every thread I can get my typing hands on.

Why?
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat May 14, 2016 6:56 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

I have to ask, what's your intention of repeatedly saying this kind of stuff in a forum filled with Bayern fans?

For the record I do think Lewandowski is far from an explosive striker and he should do even better especially in big games, but you don't see me repeating it in every thread I can get my typing hands on.

Why?

DIsagree with a post.

You guys need it, rather than sucking up to everyone
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Oh well can't say much about someone who sucks up to Bernat of all people.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat May 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Oh well can't say much about someone who sucks up to Bernat of all people.

When do I suck up to bernat?

I said that the bias on this forum was spanish biased...
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby wholagun » Sat May 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Is Robert the first player in the Bundesliga to win the Torjägerkanone with two different teams?

As for criticism that Robert not being a CL quality striker is baloney. How many remember that BVB game vs RM where he slaughtered RM 4-1.
wholagun
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:48 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:WHAT? Messi scored +70 with Pep......

No... Pep had a Messi that scored +70...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion