You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby ottackon » Wed May 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Lewandowski is a poor man's Van Basten.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 04, 2016 5:15 pm

If you look at Germany's past CFs, I don't ever recall dynamic players in Germany.....

Always had the reputation of being strong and physical/tall.

In South America, they produce dynamic attacking players sort of like Cristiano and Robben for Europe, but those dynamic players in Europe are not of many compared to South America.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 04, 2016 5:23 pm

It's today's football, outside of Messi, no one can really dribble powerful and elegantly with pace like Ronaldo could. (Robben at his peak was very good imo as well).

Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Wed May 04, 2016 9:11 pm

The thing is today you'll get hammered down if you try to dribble for too long. Except against us. We'll roll out the red carpet and put our hands up instead.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Wed May 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Ronaldo got hammered down real bad back then, more than once, risked his career and left him damaged... they were more ferocious back then, today we have ballerinas.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Homawk » Wed May 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Are we talking about the same dude that is our leading goalscorer, Bundesliga top scorer and who ignited the Juve comeback?

Lewy's been out of form recently, yes, but I don't think we can doubt he's one of the top strikers out there, nor should we contemplate his departure... adding another striker to the squad will be good because it'll add competition and distribute playing time to minimize fatigue.

Lewy has made the difference for us plenty of times. I don't think we should let a few (or maybe a few several) bad displays make us forget that.
Homawk
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Fri May 06, 2016 6:05 pm

Bundesliga top scorer.

Alex Meier
RObert
Kiebling
Jans
Gomez
Dzeko
Grafite

Not really a great list...

Young kids looks at stats too much, rather than actually gameplay. Outside of Robert, none of those guys would be consider world class or top rank
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby bastos80 » Sat May 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Congratulations Lewy. 8)
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sat May 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Idk... how Ribery didn't look to pass to him in more than one occasion today suggests me that there are some ego conflicts behind the scene... and just before he got subbed off.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Ribery has been a selfish player since his comeback from injury in my opinion, I can't help but feel bad for Lewa at times....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Sun May 08, 2016 4:01 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I can't help but feel bad for Lewa at times....

I don't cause I think that his ego grew too big too...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon May 09, 2016 12:48 am

MaCk0y wrote:The thing is today you'll get hammered down if you try to dribble for too long. Except against us. We'll roll out the red carpet and put our hands up instead.

You must be a +90 baby.

Guys back than got their ankles ripped off, unlike today where everything is a foul.

Today, players are well protected, especially offensive players. It goes across most sports like basketball and american football, the game has been less violent over the past decade than what it use to be....
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Ziklitschli » Wed May 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi guys, long time lurker here.

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Are you serious?Also, look at the difference on the tactics of our team vs Real Madrid. Both bale and cristiano cut in and shoot, unlike our team where we put robert in such easy positions to score every game.

Are you serious. Robben cutting in to shoot. Costa thinking he's Robben lately. Coman trying to be a hero. Vidal in the box taking chances. Martinez jumping to headers. Alaba and Lahm overlapping and shooting. Muller taking penalties and other guys taking free kicks. Guardiola making them slow down attacks and let the other team set up.

It's a team of stars and heroes playing possesion at all cost, it's just as hard if not harder than in Real to be a CF here. Not to mention that if there's any system where wingers cut in to shoot, it's Bayern. Not sure what you meant there really.

Easy chances, show me that in a first leg vs Atletico please. There were matches where he was straight ignored, having one or two half chances at best, making runs just to see the ball making another circle around the box. Yes there was a time when the team was really providing good service to him and he was breaking records and leading all goalscorer charts. Both Lewy and Muller deteriorated with Vidal's emergence and Costa/ Coman taking more shots and providing less service, it's either that or Guardiola's tinkering not Muller/ Lewy quality.

Thiagoalcantara wrote:How anyone can not see the difference must get their eyes checked out.

The irony.

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Benzema works his ass so cr7 and bale don't have to... Does Robert do that for our team?

Yes. The only matches when he didn't were the matches between CL where he was conserving energy, just like the rest of the team. Look at his eyes in the deciding matches, he looks half crazy and in trance of sorts.

He also obviously sacrificed his drive for personal glory for the team, completly not selfish until the last game when he went for 30 season goals.

I agree about your general sentiment though, if Ancelotti doesn't change the inverted wingers philosophy and a good offer comes, he should go for his own sake.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 11, 2016 2:01 pm

1. Robben barely played this season.
2. In the second leg vs atletico, their midfield pressed us to death and robert made no effort to help out.
3. IF anything, the team is geared to setup Robert with thiago and alonso and costa especially.
4. YOU must be blind, if you think Robert is playing like a team player in his last month or so... Robert has been playing Robert football for a while. Waiting in the box all game for easy goals, etc.

The dortmund version of Lewandowski is not the same as this one.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Ziklitschli » Wed May 11, 2016 3:28 pm

1. And Costa proved a worthy successor.
2. Pep's orders or just waiting for a Boateng or someone elses long pass, can't use that when helping in the midfield. Not a bad idea btw.
3. LoL Costa shoots/ pointlessly dribbles more than passes lately. Watch some matches maybe where Lewy just watched the ball go around.
4. No YOU must be blind. He set up few opportunities and wasted a good chance vs Benfica when he tried to pass to Lahm. Saw him on the left wing as well as middle in the buildup.

Btw don't know how you can blame a player for being lazy etc under Guardiola when the latter does things like

Lewandowski wrote:‘He sometimes puts me on the left wing. It’ll never be my favourite position but I still do my job and score goals. Basically, Guardiola has made me a better player.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -best.html

He's a micromanager, crazy and all ideas, if Lewy sits in the box all match that's probably because he was told to because reasons.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion