You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 04, 2016 2:05 am

Are you serious?

Benzema's been injured and playing rarely laterly. Also, benz has 23 goals on 91 shots.

Let's see RObert: 27 goals on 145 shots....

Also, look at the difference on the tactics of our team vs Real Madrid. Both bale and cristiano cut in and shoot, unlike our team where we put robert in such easy positions to score every game. How anyone can not see the difference must get their eyes checked out.

Benzema works his ass so cr7 and bale don't have to... Does Robert do that for our team?

Yea ok!!! cr7 stats: 31 goals on 217 shots and how many were pks as well and tap ins? You must of not seen cr7 at United, because he was a better overall player than madrid's version of cr7.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed May 04, 2016 2:17 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:You must of not seen cr7 at United, because he was a better overall player than madrid's version of cr7.

I agree with this and some other stuff you said.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 04, 2016 2:25 am

JANCKER wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:You must of not seen cr7 at United, because he was a better overall player than madrid's version of cr7.

Anyone with eyes can see Cristiano became a selfish **** after he went to Madrid. At United, he was humble and hungry. You know why I know, because Cristiano was my favorite player...

At Real, he accomplished his dream and only cared about scoring goals and individual awards, hence why the team has won only one league title and should of lost the CLs if it wasn't for simeone's dumb decision to start an injured diego costa.

You need guys that will sacrifice for the team. Suarez sacrifice a ton for barcelona, costa sacrificied a ton for atletico, benzema sacrificied a ton at Real......Robert was that when he was a dortmund player, but as a Bayern player, I don't see it.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby Bentonomo » Wed May 04, 2016 2:31 am

This have to be related to the lack of competition for his position. (More than anything else)
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby Argeta » Wed May 04, 2016 7:25 am

He'll be a killer under Carlo. When playing the high backline the last 3rd of the pitch gets too crowded, that's why Pep needs Messi to get through the tight spaces. Lewandowski and Müller are too clumsy there
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Wed May 04, 2016 9:35 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:
JANCKER wrote:

Anyone with eyes can see Cristiano became a selfish **** after he went to Madrid. At United, he was humble and hungry. You know why I know, because Cristiano was my favorite player...

At Real, he accomplished his dream and only cared about scoring goals and individual awards, hence why the team has won only one league title and should of lost the CLs if it wasn't for simeone's dumb decision to start an injured diego costa.

You need guys that will sacrifice for the team. Suarez sacrifice a ton for barcelona, costa sacrificied a ton for atletico, benzema sacrificied a ton at Real......Robert was that when he was a dortmund player, but as a Bayern player, I don't see it.

I agree about the Ronaldo and sacrifice part. To win at the elite level you absolutely need to be 100% committed to the cause as a team.

Disagree about Lewa. A mercenary he might be, but he gives it his all on the pitch. At least to me.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 04, 2016 9:56 am

He gives all his best, and yesterday was an example of that. Last year with the mask is another example. But, is he really a game-changer? A big-game player? Does his performances in the most important matches justify us making him our highest-paid player (and one of the highest in the world)? I don't know. I've been having some doubts about that for the past couple of months.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby endrity » Wed May 04, 2016 10:07 am

I don't know, does Suarez or Benzema shine any more than he does against Atletico? I don't think so. They are a bi**h of a team to play against, so no forward will enjoy much space against them. The best he can do is lead the line and sacrifice himself physically to allow runners from the wing and the midfield space to exploit. And he did that very well I thought. He is no Messi or Ronaldo, and neither is he what Zlatan was in his prime, most often against smaller teams. He is not the player who can simply put the team on his back and be their everything. But he is a top top player to me.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 04, 2016 10:14 am

He is a top player, I have no doubt about that. And I do want him to stay here as we do need the best strikers in order to continuously compete for top glories. I'm just casting some questions about how good he really is, especially when it comes to the "big" games. My views are not related to the Atletico match (if you go back a couple of pages you can see some of my doubts).
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ottackon » Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 am

It's a personal opinion, but a striker who can't dribble past his opponents from time to time and make differences on his own when all doors are shut, isn't a great striker for me.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 04, 2016 10:24 am

Regarding last night, he wasted two chances set up by Muller that he should have buried. We brought him to score those.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby endrity » Wed May 04, 2016 10:58 am

ottackon wrote:It's a personal opinion, but a striker who can't dribble past his opponents from time to time and make differences on his own when all doors are shut, isn't a great striker for me.

For a big guy, I think he has excellent mobility and dribbles. We saw a lot of that at Dortmund. But it's clear that we rarely ask him to do that since we are almost always in the opposition half and he doesn't need to come out of the box to claim the ball. We have our midfielder and wingers covering that space. He needs to be in the box and to link up play, and he is generally good at that.

MoFattal wrote:Regarding last night, he wasted two chances set up by Muller that he should have buried. We brought him to score those.

One critique for him at Dortmund was always that his finishing wasn't always elite, and that is probably true. He's no Aguero or Griezmann for example, or what Sheva used to be back in the day. But even Suarez has his on and off moments with finishing, so it's not something given even with other elite forwards.

Btw, those chances highlight why Muller is so important to Lewa and the team even when missing a penalty, he creates so much more space for the rest of the team to operate in.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby ottackon » Wed May 04, 2016 11:07 am

Suarez is the best striker in the world by some distance. I wish he was one of us.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MoFattal » Wed May 04, 2016 11:12 am

ottackon wrote:Suarez is the best striker in the world by some distance. I wish he was one of us.

That is something I agree with completely. He's yet on a higher level than any of the currently active strikers.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed May 04, 2016 5:02 pm

For myself, I like dynamic players, which is why I love South american footballers.

Robert isn't slow, but isn't really fast, agile, dynamic, skilled in dribbling, etc

I grew up watching Ronaldo, the real one, so, you can kind of understand why I do not rate Robert that highly.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion