You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon May 02, 2016 3:38 pm

RObert has not held the ball well at all...

Neither does he help the midfield a lot. Maybe once in a while, but not a lot as people might have suggested. In big games, you need CFs to help the team in the midfield, like Drogba did for Chelsea or Benzema, Costa, suarez does for their teams.

Look at Torres, he is half the player he use to be, but still contributes a lot to the pressing game and helps the midfield out even though he fails a lot to going forward, which is why I wanna drop robert and start muller instead.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Mon May 02, 2016 4:33 pm

If Robert Lewandowski is poor at holding up the ball, then which human being on this planet is good at it? :roll:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Achilles » Mon May 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:RObert has not held the ball well at all...

Neither does he help the midfield a lot. Maybe once in a while, but not a lot as people might have suggested. In big games, you need CFs to help the team in the midfield, like Drogba did for Chelsea or Benzema, Costa, suarez does for their teams.

Look at Torres, he is half the player he use to be, but still contributes a lot to the pressing game and helps the midfield out even though he fails a lot to going forward, which is why I wanna drop robert and start muller instead.

Torres hardly has 2 defenders watching on him or pressing, the way Atletico is playing gives way too much space to their strikers to penetrate if you give that space to Lewandowski haha it would end up having hat tricks game after game. Lewy & Benzema are the best to hold up the ball.

When everyone will understand that a team's style plays a huge role for the players to look good, if a defender plays at high line like we did everytime faces an agile striker on counter he will look like a fool 9 to 10 times, it's normal the CBs are not so quick & agile as the strikers who are running at full speed,having 20m space to penetrate against 1v1 just look Juve at 2013 and this year Robben's goal, Barca & Pique at 2013 or Boateng vs De Bruyne.Robben anihilated Spain's defense at World Cup easily because they were defending ridiculously high
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Mon May 02, 2016 5:45 pm

Can somebody ban or warn this troll Thiagoalcantara already???
CLEARLY is a troll or making fun just for the sake of it. Bernat good at attacking and Lewa doesnt hold the ball well.

For the love of Bayern - banish this troll.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon May 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Giroud, Drogba, Benzema, etc.

How can anyone say Robert has done a good job holding up the ball recently? It's another blind eye, like how people think kimmich is better on the ball than Bernat.

Robert was disposses 5 times against atletico, won 1 aerial battle and 3 unsuccessful touches and only drew one foul the whole match against Gimenez that just return from injury and Savic.

How many times did he actually help the midfield when atletico was pressing us to death in the beginning??????
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby MihailT » Mon May 02, 2016 6:14 pm

I smell coolguycosta over here.
MihailT
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon May 02, 2016 6:16 pm

He is actually right ... Lewy failed miserably in holding the ball or helping the MF against Atlético. At his best he does it well, but lately he isn't.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon May 02, 2016 6:18 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:He is actually right ... Lewy failed miserably in holding the ball or helping the MF against Atlético. At his best he does it well, but lately he isn't.

That's my point exactly.

Robert is known for his hold up play and working hard, but recently, he doesn't do neither. Anyone that watches the game can see this and see his positioning during games.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby dstroe » Mon May 02, 2016 6:25 pm

I agree with you guys that Robert has been less effective at hold-up play and his positioning has not been the best. I do however think this is mostly due to the fact that he has started pretty much every single game the second half of the season. He looks to be suffering from fatigue. Not pressing hard to win the ball and not making as many dangerous runs into the box in a timely manner are signs of fatigue. I think we'll see a much more effective Lewa in pretty much every facet come Tuesday because of the game off he just had. His 5-goal explosion at Wolfsburg came after getting some rest so hopefully he can turn in a monster performance after getting some much needed rest on Saturday.
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:He is actually right ... Lewy failed miserably in holding the ball or helping the MF against Atlético. At his best he does it well, but lately he isn't.

That's my point exactly.

Robert is known for his hold up play and working hard, but recently, he doesn't do neither. Anyone that watches the game can see this and see his positioning during games.

For that role we had one of the best guys ... Private Mandzukic
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Tue May 03, 2016 9:40 am

Lewa needs to be as effective as ever tonight for us to stand a good chance at progressing. He needs to connect well with the passes sent to the box and he needs to be lethal in front of goal from whatever chance(s) he gets. A big chance for him to prove that he is actually deserves being labelled as one of the very best (if not the best) strikers out there.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Tue May 03, 2016 11:02 am

MoFattal wrote:Lewa needs to be as effective as ever tonight for us to stand a good chance at progressing. He needs to connect well with the passes sent to the box and he needs to be lethal in front of goal from whatever chance(s) he gets. A big chance for him to prove that he is actually deserves being labelled as one of the very best (if not the best) strikers out there.

Have you seen any of these passes? I didn't...

Lewandowski doesn't need to prove anything,if he gets served then BOOM, the thing is that that our midfield & wings are non existent!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby MoFattal » Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 am

No, not really. In the last few games, BL and CL, there has been many balls sent into the box without finding anyone even caring to get there. That's the fault of our entire front line, but Lewa is the main component of that department and he should do better in his inside-the-box movement. Not all crosses need to be perfectly executed to find for him to score (such as that against Juve). He needs to be as mobile in the box as he is when drifting out wide and to the middle to link up play with his teammates. And the notion that he readily scores when served is incorrect. He has missed many "easy" chances over the past two month after being excellently served by his teammates. When he's on a run, there's no better goalscorer. He just isn't maintaining the level of consistency in front of goal as is required from our striker in such a tough period and ahead of a very critical game.

P.S. Don't get me wrong on this post. He IS one of the best out there, but we need him to be THE best tonight and in the coming few weeks if we want to write history.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby JANCKER » Tue May 03, 2016 11:33 am

Maybe his positioning in the box isn't the best... that's why Gomez easy tap-ins aren't that easy after all, it takes that special sense. Even if service has been lacking... he can take part of the blame.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MoFattal » Tue May 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Yeah, that's a part of what I meant. If we are dependent on our "service to the box" being perfect, then we don't really need to have Lewandowski - one of the highest rated and paid strikers in the world - Any other quality striker (read: cheaper) can do the job of putting the ball into the net. Heck, we can get back Gomez who is arguably even better at scoring in front of goal if the service is good enough. However, Lewy for us is much more than a poacher who solely depends on the players around him feeding him accurate balls. He is supposed to be a game-changer for us and has been so on many occasions earlier in the season. But recently, he isn't exactly living up to the expectations, truth be told. I hope that completely changes tonight.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion