You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby bastos80 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Come on Lewandowski your chance. :D
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Korab » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:47 pm

He will get it, Robben was the biggest opponent but he is sidelined now. The other guys are just accidental competitors. The only thing which is needed is the team playing him and he will do the rest. Anyway you need around 6 attempts to score 1 ( about average in advanced leagues).
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Forgot how low Lewa's minutes are this season.
Can't see tweet? Click here!
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Jorge » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm

I hate to bring it up but Lewa seems to be more effective with Robben-Ribery out of the team, with wingers that do not cut inside (Bernat and Rafinha) he finds more space and freedom to play his brand specially when Gotze and Muller operate more centrally opening gaps with their mobility. Against Frankfurt I had the impression throughout the game that the defenders never knew where Lewa was and couldn't figure out where he was going to do next.

If Pep finally figured out how to fix the high defensive line (still needs to the tested in the big Champions League games coming though) the next thing he still have pending is how to get the best out of Lewa when he is sharing the front line with Robben and Ribery, not the he is bad; but he seems to be a notch below.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Jorge wrote:I hate to bring it up but Lewa seems to be more effective with Robben-Ribery out of the team, with wingers that do not cut inside (Bernat and Rafinha) he finds more space and freedom to play his brand specially when Gotze and Muller operate more centrally opening gaps with their mobility. Against Frankfurt I had the impression throughout the game that the defenders never knew where Lewa was and couldn't figure out where he was going to do next.

If Pep finally figured out how to fix the high defensive line (still needs to the tested in the big Champions League games coming though) the next thing he still have pending is how to get the best out of Lewa when he is sharing the front line with Robben and Ribery, not the he is bad; but he seems to be a notch below.

Good point. One reason may be that when they cut inside, that slows down the play until they turn around and move horizontally. Thus, if Bayern were counter-attacking, wingers cutting inside gives the defender a couple of critical seconds during which they can better track and tightly mark Robert Lewandowski.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:55 pm

It is very logic yours impression and is good to watch him performing better without Robbery, because it means that if he overperform during this period of absence, Bayern will not be too dependable of Robben and Ribery .

Also consider that this assumption apply just in the Frankfurt game, because against Dortmund apart from his goal, the rest was nothing memorable from him, because we lack of attempts and again Leverkusen he didn't "official" score.

But now comes the other part of the excuses for not defend him:

1) Mario Gomez, at his best, score more goals than Lewandowski in a season with Robben and Ribery playing twice with their same movement of cutting inside.

2) "Cutting inside from Ribery and Robben tightly mark Lewandowski", it is very logic, but also now he should have more mark than before, because he is the MAN now, instead when Robben and Ribery exist, where many marks were directed to them instead of him.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:59 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Mario Gomez, at his best, score more goals than Lewandowski in a season with Robben and Ribery playing twice with their same movement of cutting inside.

To be fair, Mario Gomez played with a younger, faster version of Robbery, and the defence was caught off-guard with speed more often than in the present time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:03 pm

But his goals so far were from out of nowhere rebounds with help from his brilliant skill and technique. The passes laid down to his feet pre and post Robbery injuries are still the same conversion rate (i.e, he still takes an awful lot of shots to convert them).

Lewa's chances are magnified because we don't have anyone else shooting apart from Müller and Götze. Unlike before, where we got 5-6 players taking a shot, now we got 3 + Alonso's FK. That's why we were outshot in both BVB and Leverkusen games which only happened once in the loss against City.

Robben and Ribery provided him 5 goals this season. And Robben provided him the most chances with 14. He converted 3 of them. If any, the steady supply line for his chances has been removed.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby quaazi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:01 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
1) Mario Gomez, at his best, score more goals than Lewandowski in a season with Robben and Ribery playing twice with their same movement of cutting inside.

I crunched some numbers, and comparing this season so far with 10/11 and 11/12 when Gomez was the starter... well...

Ribery minutes per goal - 14/15 149 minutes 11/12 233 minutes 10/11 258 minutes
Robben minutes per goal - 14/15 110 minutes 11/12 149 minutes 10/11 108 minutes

Essentially, Ribery scores a lot more goals with Lewandowski than he did with Gomez. Robben is a closer call - his scoring ratio is nearly the same this season as it was in 10/11 - but he certainly wasn't as prolific in 11/12 as he is now. So the (admittedly simplistic) deduction is that with Lewandowski in the team, Robbery is scoring more. Which fits with what I've been saying for five years, namely that our reliance on Gomez was bad for the rest of the team. So comparing Lewandowski's scoring ratio with Gomez' is pointless as the former compensates with his superior team play.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:05 pm

It's the same with Müller by the way - 14/15 139min 11/12 382min 10/11 229min - but it may be the result of him being entrusted with more penalties this season.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:48 pm

I made the comparison with Gomez with the purpose of compare a striker who played in Bayern with the same tight space cause by the movement of Robben and Ribery cutting inside, so the statistic that matter will be comparing how many times per minutes Gomez and Mandzukic score in tight space with Lewandowski case.

As I wrote, it is very logic to think that in a tight space more difficult to score, the reason of his underperform season, but also should consider that with Robbery on the pitch, more attempts for score will produce, as also the marks will distribute than when Lewandowski is alone.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:Mario Gomez, at his best, score more goals than Lewandowski in a season with Robben and Ribery playing twice with their same movement of cutting inside.

To be fair, Mario Gomez played with a younger, faster version of Robbery, and the defence was caught off-guard with speed more often than in the present time.

This is a good point, not only they were faster, Bayern's offensive bursts had a more effective component on the wings than today: the constant overlaps of Alaba and Lahm when Robben and Ribery were cutting inside, this does not exist today. Gomez benefitted from that tremendously and I still prefer this type of tactical offensive play based on the players that we have but Pep decided to move both Lahm and Alaba out of position because their suit better his system operating on the center.

This should be the subject of another topic but IMO Bayern lost the best two wing combos in the world (Alaba-Ribery/ Lahm-Robben) and I am not sure that we won too much when they moved to the center; for sure I can tell you that Alaba and Lahm are more exposed to physical challenges now.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:17 pm

We are so lucky to have such a composed and talented striker. If Bayern are going to win the CL this season I guarantee you that Lewa will be a big reason why!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Tedesco » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

He is starting to gain form. Can't wait to see what more he will bring us.

=D>
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:56 pm

Though he did miss his chance for his first Bayern hat-trick today but as long as he comes this close in all games we should be in good shape.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion