You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Those rumors and doubters really grinded my gears! He may have missed a couple chances but to doubt his skill so bad was premature at best. Form is temporary class is permanent.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:09 am

I think everyone agrees that Lewandowski is a top striker and that he fits very well within our current playing style. However, he does need to be more clinical. He has scored some important goals for us (vs. BVB, City, etc.), but now better efficiency is needed in front of goal as we move towards the tough end of the season. We have a season-defining run now against very strong opponents (whether the CL, Pokal, and even BL), so chances might be fewer and we need Lewa to be able to exploit those ruthlessly. I love the guy, but he really did miss quite a lot of "easy" chances this season. Hope this changes when it matters most.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Pittbay » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:11 pm

I think this sums him up very well. I mean, 13 goals in Buli so far at a new club, with a different style is a very good return, I'd say. Sure he misses some sitters, but that's just part of the deal with him.

What I'd like to see is a more consistent effort to score goals. Not to say he's a bum or something, but I specifically remember in the 2nd leg vs Shaktar that you could see Lewa was desperate for a goal. He kept making run after run, until finally Basti (I think) played that long ball over the top to him and he put it away. He earned that goal and his reaction was full of joy even though it was just for a 6-0. I was very impressed with that--though I haven't really noticed it since--and I hope to see it more often, even if he misses.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:53 pm

The thing with Lewa is, he doesnt get many balls. He even goes to midfield himself to get em these days, you could see that clearly vs Gladbach. And the crosses didnt reach him either, except one time. But not every shot can be a goal, and thats the feeling i have with some people, that they think he should score every shot or header.
Ottomeister13

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:39 am

In Dortmund he was the man, always looking to him for save the day, but here in bayern he is part of a group of hungry killers scorers.

Also he had no chance to score in penalties, as in Dortmund he was, so is tough to have better numbers.

I still confident that he is our present and future forward.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:27 pm

In a ranking on sport1 they list the 10 best paid soccer players in the world with Lewa on 10 with 20,2 million yearly?

Guardiola is 3rd in coaches with 15,2 million.. Lol
Ottomeister13

Postby Pittbay » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:In a ranking on sport1 they list the 10 best paid soccer players in the world with Lewa on 10 with 20,2 million yearly?

Guardiola is 3rd in coaches with 15,2 million.. Lol

Lewa and Gotze our two highest; not that it's brand new information, but this validates some of the criticism these two receive. Highest wages on the team = high expectations.

Here's a link for those interested.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:43 pm

That's almost double the figure German media usually report (for Lewa). I don't know where they all get these numbers from.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Alaba, Boateng, Mueller & Neuer must be head to head with them in terms of wage...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Those numbers were published by the very reliable France Football, and they include bonuses and advertising revenues in addition of wages.
So a guy like Lewandowski who is very famous in his country, must earn as much from advertising as from his salary.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RedQueen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:24 pm

ottackon wrote:Those numbers were published by the very reliable France Football, and they include bonuses and advertising revenues in addition of wages.

OK, that makes more sense.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:28 pm

From ottackon's other post which was sourced to France Football it's not only wages but all revenue streams. Goetze is our most marketable player and he most likely has the most ads and endorsements right now. Beats, Nike, PES, etc Not sure about Lewandowski's commercial activities.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RedQueen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:33 pm

It's still kind of strange how they get the numbers, given that income data are among the most strictly protected data in Germany, second only to health data. If someone discloses them without consent, he's gonna have a very big problem.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:36 pm

RedQueen wrote:It's still kind of strange how they get the numbers, given that income data are among the most strictly protected data in Germany, second only to health data.

To be honest I feel like the numbers are an estimation than an exact amount.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ottackon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:38 pm

Absolutely.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco