You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:46 pm

SilentStrike wrote:In that sense as international Bayern the BL is less important to us than to those living in Munich, but still very important and we can't just neglect it. However for all Bayern fans in or outside of Germany winning the CL is the biggest prize, without a doubt.

I would never start supporting Bayern that I didn't like them because of the Bundesliga beauty. The same goes for almost everyone when it comes to support Juventus, Milan, Inter, Real, United, Liverpool, Lazio, Dortmund, Arsenal, West Ham, Celtic... Foreigners supported clubs because of Primera, Serie A, Premier league, Bundesliga in 90's, 80's, 70's. Only after 2000 people are starting to support watching CL. CL was pure shít back then, i.e. it was Champions Cup.
Money talks, not football culture, customs, etc. Something what Bosman 1995 murdered and took away from people.

I remember 1995 when I was 6 years old that some older guys In Croatia were supporting Ajax, talking about their legends, achievements, football academy, rival clashes with PSV and Feynoord, etc. 4-5 people even wore Ajax white-red jerseys in my city in that time. In the last 14 years it's only important to watch CL and that's it. No wonder why you see always the same clashes when a big difference has been created among clubs in domestic leagues.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm

SilentStrike wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:Sorry to say it, but if you as international Bayern fan, only care about the CL? Dont even call yourself a Bayern supporter...

OK I'm not a Bayern supporter then, because I'd rather win the Champions League 10x more than winning the Bundesliga. Maybe I should shut down the forum too...

Thoygh I don't entirely agree I see where Mutu is coming from. In Germany winning the BL gives pride to all Bayern fans that your team/city is better than those of your friends who are BVB Schalke whatever fans. A reason to call your team the better than your friends/colleagues teams for a full year. However my friends are for Chelsea, Real (etc the usual) and winning the BL doesn't give me any sort of pride when talking to them. Only the CL does.

In that sense as international Bayern the BL is less important to us than to those living in Munich, but still very important and we can't just neglect it. However for all Bayern fans in or outside of Germany winning the CL is the biggest prize, without a doubt.

Very true.

In Germany people are more likely to tease their friends/colleagues about the result of some Bundesliga match. Here in Malta few people watch the Bundesliga, so I don't have anyone to tease or even talk about domestic competitions with. It's a different story in the Champions League. But as you point out, even for Germans and for the players, the Champions League IS the ultimate title to win. Just look at how much Munich celebrates when we win (yet another) Bundesliga title as opposed to the celebrations there were in Munich when Bayern won the Champions League.

Personally, the sense of satisfaction I felt when we won the CL was equivalent to at least 10 Bundesliga titles.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:28 pm

MUTU wrote:[quote= Champions League.

Personally, the sense of satisfaction I felt when we won the CL was equivalent to at least 10 Bundesliga titles.

:wink: do you remember that 4 cared carcade ?

of course it is nicer but the priority should always be the domestic league. In fact even Pep said this upon being presented to the media.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:31 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Personally, the sense of satisfaction I felt when we won the CL was equivalent to at least 10 Bundesliga titles.

of course it is nicer but the priority should always be the domestic league. In fact even Pep said this upon being presented to the media.

It was 4? I only remember 3 hehehe :)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Personally, the sense of satisfaction I felt when we won the CL was equivalent to at least 10 Bundesliga titles.

It was 4? I only remember 3 hehehe :)

You are righ #-o I tried to make it look nicer... :oops:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:05 pm

MUTU wrote:The only competition that matters to us international Bayern fans is the Champions League.

Elber 1st season: 3 goals + 1 assist in CL
Makaay 1st season: 6 goals (inc. 1 pen) in CL
Podolski 1st season: 1 goal + 1 assist in CL
Gomez 1st season: 1 goal + 3 assists in CL
Mandzukic 1st season: 3 goals + 1 assist in CL
Lewandowski so far: 2 goals + 2 assists in CL

Klose and Toni weren't included as they played in the UEFA Cup in their first season at Bayern. Pizarro and Petersen weren't included as they were never starters.

If Lewandowski scores or assists 1 more goal in the Champions League, he'll have more scorer points in the CL than the 1st season of the last strikers we bought, except for Makaay (of course Lewa has chance to recover).

Makaay first season, the 2003/2004 in champions leagues represented our Robben, Ribery, Muller, Gotze, Lewandowski together. We cant score without him.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Makaay first season, the 2003/2004 in champions leagues represented our Robben, Ribery, Muller, Gotze, Lewandowski together. We cant score without him.

Uhhhhh, I remember this like it was yesterday... That first match against Celtic and 2:1 win in München after 1:0, when Makaay came in as a sub and scored 2 goals. Then against Lyon at Gerland, 1:1 draw and his goal. Then 1:2 defeat at Olympiastadion and once again his goal in that match, penalty against Anderlecht for 1:0 victory and qualifying for K.O. stage. Jesus, he was the most important player in that season. Das Phantom! :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 pm

FCB general wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:Makaay first season, the 2003/2004 in champions leagues represented our Robben, Ribery, Muller, Gotze, Lewandowski together. We cant score without him.

Uhhhhh, I remember this like it was yesterday... That first match against Celtic and 2:1 win in München after 1:0, when Makaay came in as a sub and scored 2 goals. Then against Lyon at Gerland, 1:1 draw and his goal. Then 1:2 defeat at Olympiastadion and once again his goal in that match, penalty against Anderlecht for 1:0 victory and qualifying for K.O. stage. Jesus, he was the most important player in that season. Das Phantom! :)

He was so important as Robben in Van Gaal era. I also remember his scored against Madrid, despite the final score, 1-1, I always remember that goal because it was the one that make me scream more. Screaming GOOOOOOOOOOOL like two minutes. A lot of pressure before this match.... :?

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby SilentStrike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
FCB general wrote:

He was so important as Robben in Van Gaal era. I also remember his scored against Madrid, despite the final score, 1-1, I always remember that goal because it was the one that make me scream more. Screaming GOOOOOOOOOOOL like two minutes. A lot of pressure before this match.... :?

I also remember another goal against Madrid. Hearing the kickoff whistle from the kitchen and before I got to the living room about 15 seconds later it was already 1-0.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:55 pm

SilentStrike wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:
FCB general wrote:Uhhhhh, I remember this like it was yesterday... That first match against Celtic and 2:1 win in München after 1:0, when Makaay came in as a sub and scored 2 goals. Then against Lyon at Gerland, 1:1 draw and his goal. Then 1:2 defeat at Olympiastadion and once again his goal in that match, penalty against Anderlecht for 1:0 victory and qualifying for K.O. stage. Jesus, he was the most important player in that season. Das Phantom! :)

I also remember another goal against Madrid. Hearing the kickoff whistle from the kitchen and before I got to the living room about 15 seconds later it was already 1-0.

That was 2007 and it was exactly 10 seconds. Still belongs that CL record to Phantom. :)
God, these were insane times... Those seasons under Trapattoni, then 1998/1999 season, 2000/2001, 2003/2004, 2007/2008, 2009/2010, 2011/2012, 2012/2013... I felt never better and exited. Before every single matchday in the Bundesliga I'd be so exited, sometimes nervous, high adrenaline flows... That's football.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Haha had forgotten his Phantom nickname
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 pm

SilentStrike wrote:

My sister was Milan fan. She was watching her game in another tv. Both games began at the same time, so before her game begins, I was already screaming that goal, so she said: WHAT THE ****.... :lol:

Good times, always in my mind.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:

My sister was Milan fan. She was watching her game in another tv. Both games began at the same time, so before her game begins, I was already screaming that goal, so she said: WHAT THE ****.... :lol:

Good times, always in my mind.

although she had the last laugh as Milan eliminated us in the next stage... 2-2 away - DvB's brace but at the return that fify sissy of inzaghi scored twice and eliminated us... :cry:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:35 pm

Lewy is doing that good that we became nostalgic. :P

When people say 'good times' about the days when AC Milan used to humiliate us on a regular basis, the most annoying fans, my worst days... If those days > these days #-o
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 pm

JANCKER wrote:Lewy is doing that good that we became nostalgic. :P

When people say 'good times' about the days when AC Milan used to humiliate us on a regular basis, the most annoying fans, my worst days... If those days > these days #-o

I was saying good times like when Bayern beat Real Madrid and eliminated them in champions league. Agree that in general, the season was a disaster, but the day that Bayern of Hitzfeld beat madrid 2-1, I was so happy.

And I know that all bayern fans that night were celebrating.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion