You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:58 pm

FCB general wrote:
Didi Hamann: Pep oder Lewandowski - einer wird gehen! [source]

Oho! This is something new... :)

If I had to choose; I will keep Lewandowski ... yes you reading well... I criticize Lewa with all my heart but I understand that he is not happy with the situation either and I guess neither is his agent - seeing his client being deployed in all positions and therefore under perform is not a nice scene.
Plus the fact that Guardiola won't stay more than another year either so we'd better keep one of the best forwards and change the coach. Or else if he is serious enough he'll sign an extension and get us Messi 8) Otherwise he'd better pack and go. 8)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Badger wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Badger wrote:I think that sums it up fairly accurately.

Badger wrote:The other factor, of course, was that Mandzukic spoke very badly out of turn after the Madrid defeat. He might still be at Bayern playing fairly often, only for that. He must carry the blame for that.

I'm not convinced that Mandzukic and Lewandowski together would either be a healthy dressing room environment or a good plan B. Mandzukic doesn't possess a skillset that makes him vastly different to Lewandowski. In my humble opinion, our plan B should be a poacher style of player. Someone like Huntelaar for example would be cool to have. As I explained earlier, it will help Lewandowski look better, because in matches where Lewandowski is anticipated to struggle, this Mr X would be playing instead.

Perhaps. But my point is that he was at Bayern already, and trying both of them for a season might not have hurt. The main difference I see is that Lewandowski outplays central defenders while Mandzukic fights with them. There are games, like the Shaktar one, where the opponents' central defenders don't get hassled enough.

Haha but if Mandzukic played vs Shakhtar don't you think there'd have been a good chance for Bayern ending up playing with 9 men? :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby prasun77 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:05 pm

the new addition to the striker department should be..Aguero..can you imagine how strong we will be with robbery,lewa,aguero and muller..the BEST forward line ever!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby pyrasur » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:12 pm

MUTU wrote:Haha but if Mandzukic played vs Shakhtar don't you think there'd have been a good chance for Bayern ending up playing with 9 men?

8. Franck would retaliate and get sent off, Mandzukic would get in a fight and get sent off. At that point there's no hope of Rafinha staying on as well. :coffee:

Bayern will never pay as much as Manchester City for Aguero
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCB general wrote:

If I had to choose; I will keep Lewandowski ... yes you reading well... I criticize Lewa with all my heart but I understand that he is not happy with the situation either and I guess neither is his agent - seeing his client being deployed in all positions and therefore under perform is not a nice scene.
Plus the fact that Guardiola won't stay more than another year either so we'd better keep one of the best forwards and change the coach. Or else if he is serious enough he'll sign an extension and get us Messi 8) Otherwise he'd better pack and go. 8)

I think you can't be serious when you come up with this stuff. You're trying to fool us or something, isn't it? :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:MUTU you still cant let go of Gomez haha

Lewandowski is better than both of them...we just play different tactics with him in our team as you can see he often moves to the left side of the field when we are attacking. That is why Robben is set much higher than in previous seasons and scores more goals.

Lewandowski is more of an all-rounder. His all-round skills are better than Gomez and Mandzukic.
Mandzukic is the best fighter, but despite him winning some battles in tackling, Lewandowski still assists more, because as you say he's able to drift into the winger position sometimes and allow the other offensive players to move into the striker position.
Gomez is just more prolific than the others. It'd be nice to also have someone with his poaching skills as a plan B along with Lewandowski.

In our tactics, Lewandowski suits us best I'd say. Dieter Hoeness and Effenberg seem to agree as well.

But we do need a plan B. Sometimes, Lewandowski will fall short. It's infallible. This is not a striker problem but a personnel problem. We're quick to point fingers at Lewandowski but he's the only proper real striker (I'm not counting the old and oft-injured Pizarro here) in the squad. When he fails, or the opposition doesn't suit him, he often has to keep on playing.

This wasn't the case in 2012/13. When Gomez was playing badly, or the tactics of the opponents wouldn't allow him to play to his strengths, Heynckes played Mandzukic. And vice versa. Pep doesn't have this luxury in the striking department, so Lewandowski plays, sucks, and looks bad as a result.

Thanks because it's good and I like it.

But the red marked... That's something what our coach is responsible why we don't have neither plan B nor competition. We did have all of that until he came to Bayern when everything's got changed. So the problem is in him and not Lewy after all. There's no third explanation, while Eto'o, Ibrahimović and Villa are the prove.

Torero and Đikoš - was für ein Traum... It only lasted for one season. Near them one Pizarro who can clearly sit at the bench all the time.

But no! "Ich will nicht ein Stürmer sondern Falsch neun". That's how it went last season and how it still goes.

It's not about favoring any of them because I liked both Gomez and Mandžukić. At the same time I have reasons to like and dislike Lewy, but I can't blame exclusively the Polish because it's not his fault and he can't help himself to miss pure chances, suffer of lack of finishing, shoot technique, etc. In that case there must be a back-up, i.e. competition which we don't have. That's not Lewy's problem at all, but the problem of club, i.e. coach.

So, if I defend Lewy, then it's Guardiola's fault. If I don't blame Guardiola, then it's his fault because there's no competition. :mrgreen: I don't expect of Lewy to improve that much observing from the current point of view, but I hope because the hope dies last.
On the other side, I definitely don't expect changes from a coach who's philosopher, where his ingenuity borders with madness, whose whining like a baby or little boy is very irritant when things go wrong and consequently he can't see the whole forest for the trees just because he thinks he's right.

But okay. Bayern and people around Bayern will survive both of them. They all have well-known dates, both birth and contract. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Korab » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:38 pm

"It's not about favoring any of them because I liked both Gomez and Mandžukić. At the same time I have reasons to like and dislike Lewy, but I can't blame exclusively the Polish because it's not his fault and he can't help himself to miss pure chances, suffer of lack of finishing, shoot technique, etc. In that case there must be a back-up, i.e. competition which we don't have. That's not Lewy's problem at all, but the problem of club, i.e. coach." - if he suffers from all of these he should not be even a back up, should he?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Korab wrote:if he suffers from all of these he should not be even a back up, should he?

How does this question fit into story about other qualities which he can produce to our team and game? I clearly highlighted his efficiency, but about the rest? Did I mention the other segments? Well... I propose one more time to read what I wrote.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Does anyone have a link to the stats for the shots/goals ratios for the top strikers in Europe, including Lewandowski and, if possible, Dost and Kane?

In the past, few strikers have beaten 3:1 or even 4:1 over a season. Of the 2-3 they miss, for each goal they score, whether it is an easy miss or a difficult miss doesn't matter a whole lot in the long run.

Thanks in advance.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:50 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
FCB general wrote:

I think you can't be serious when you come up with this stuff. You're trying to fool us or something, isn't it? :lol:

Yes I've never been more serious and I don't have a fever either
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korab » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:01 pm

FCB general wrote:
Korab wrote:if he suffers from all of these he should not be even a back up, should he?

How does this question fit into story about other qualities which he can produce to our team and game? I clearly highlighted his efficiency, but about the rest? Did I mention the other segments? Well... I propose one more time to read what I wrote.

Well, if you mentioned other segments, that's good but still it's beside the point - we talk striker not midfielder.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 pm

Korab wrote:Well, if you mentioned other segments, that's good but still it's beside the point - we talk striker not midfielder.

It's not unfamiliar in the past to see strikers who didn't score many goals, but they were very, very useful, thankful and quality stuff. Difference between then and now is the system where you play with only 1 striker. For example, Lewy would be an ideal striker in 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2, 4-1-3-2, 4-3-1-2. Basically, all systems with 2 strikers. Imagine that Bayern play with 2 strikers, if he can't often score, at least he can produce great balls to his partner in attack or to midfielders depending on positioning of every single player in the last 3rd.

Today most teams play with only one striker. That means you can have at most 3 strikers in the team. 4 guys worked only if you strictly and always played with 2 strikers, but then you have to see what profiles are they and do they fit together. I'm 100% percent sure that both Lewandowski and Mandžukić would work, even Lewy and Gomez. Müller and Mandžukić work perfect, but Müller isn't a classic striker but in that previous role he worked great.

The point is... Back in 2011-2012 we have had three strikers and what happened. Gomez in some games obviously couldn't produce what we needed, Olić was injured and didn't recover back to his best days where at the same time he isn't a guy who possesses technique, but only strong will, speed, stamina, endurance, while Nils Petersen wasn't Bayern material at all, neither he could be as Gomez nor Olić. No serious, quality competition. Only one year after, we have had serious fight and one fuse in view of Pizarro and it worked perfectly through the whole season. Nobody couldn't relax and it worked awesome.

Then when 2013-2014 showed up, Gomez flew away to Italy, he knew he won't neither play often nor fit to Guardiola's ideas, while Mandžukić and Pizarro stayed, but despite these 2 guys, Guardiola went for Müller and Götze to put as false #9 what obviously couldn't work at Bayern.

When we finally agreed Lewy, the exactly one guy who'd fit to Bayern(especially to that one from 2012-2013), he lost competition taking in consider that Pizarro wasn't Mandžukić' competiton at all, and now when we sometimes need something different, we don't have it.

That doesn't mean we don't need Lewy or he is an average striker, not at all... But we need to have a pool in which we can react and avoid the same issues which we had in 2011-2012. We need one more serious striker near Lewy since Pizarro isn't that one, although I'd like to see the Peruvian faaaar moooooore often on the Bundesliga fields.

With Lewy and one more striker we might get back to situation like we had in 2012-2013, where through the whole season wasn't any room for strikers to mess up, think they're untouchable, etc. But that's not up to players, but management.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Guys, we've just scored 14 goals and conceded 0 in the last 2 Bundesliga games. Can we at least put the Guardiola & Lewandowski doubting on hold for now? I can't help imaging how fans of other teams would be scratching their heads if they come onto our forum and see these discussions.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:45 pm

MUTU wrote:Guys, we've just scored 14 goals and conceded 0 in the last 2 Bundesliga games. Can we at least put the Guardiola & Lewandowski doubting on hold for now? I can't help imaging how fans of other teams would be scratching their heads if they come onto our forum and see these discussions.

we need to have a discussion on something... do we? :P
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm

MUTU wrote:Guys, we've just scored 14 goals and conceded 0 in the last 2 Bundesliga games. Can we at least put the Guardiola & Lewandowski doubting on hold for now? I can't help imaging how fans of other teams would be scratching their heads if they come onto our forum and see these discussions.

I agree with you.

But that must worth for Dost, too. I don't wanna read stories on forum about Dost's move to Bayern. Fair enough and you'll agree with me. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion