You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Rauntšik » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:05 pm

ottackon wrote:Beyond stats, Bayern plays better with Lewandowski than with Mandzukic.

I agree with this.
Lewandowski is more then a striker, he is a man who can pass, shoot, assist and score. I'm not saying that Mandzu didn't have those qualities, but Robert is far better in those areas.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
ottackon wrote:Beyond stats, Bayern plays better with Lewandowski than with Mandzukic.

we'll see that by May ...
with Mandzu we won everything between 2013-2014 and a double last season 8)

Hope you are right - here we are all behind our team and no one wishes harm or wishes to do bad just for the sake to be proofed right - God forbids that...

Don't forget we had Gomez in 2013-14 and he gets little credit for that. For example, Gomez was the MVP in the DFB Pokal that season.

8 seasons before Mario Gomez => ridiculed in Champions League year after year
4 seasons with Mario Gomez => reached 3 Champions League finals + 1 super-unlucky early elimination against Inter
1 season after Mario Gomez (and still with Mandzukic) => ridiculed in Champions League again (lost 5-0 aggregate)

Yet Mandzukic gets the credit.

Now let's wait and see if Lewandowski can emulate Gomez and take us to a Champions League final, something that only Gomez can claim he regularly took us to. I think Lewandowski has it in him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:22 pm

In 2 seasons at Bayern, Mandzukic has 6 goals + 4 assists in 20 Champions League matches (really the only competition where we are truly challenged) => 0.5 scorer points per match
So far, Lewandowski has 2 goals + 3 assists in 7 Champions League matches => 0.71 scorer points per match

I can't be bothered by his performances in the Bundesliga. I don't care that much whether he scores 0 goals in the Bundesliga or 40. What I care about, personally, is how much he delivers in the Champions League. So far, he's better than Mandzukic, and better than Gomez's first season too.

Now bring on Real Madrid and unleash him!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Hope you are right - here we are all behind our team and no one wishes harm or wishes to do bad just for the sake to be proofed right - God forbids that...

Don't forget we had Gomez in 2013-14 and he gets little credit for that. For example, Gomez was the MVP in the DFB Pokal that season.

4 seasons with Mario Gomez => reached 3 Champions League finals + 1 super-unlucky early elimination against Inter
1 season after Mario Gomez (and still with Mandzukic) => ridiculed in Champions League again (lost 5-0 aggregate)

Now let's wait and see if Lewandowski can emulate Gomez and take us to a Champions League final, something that only Gomez can claim he regularly took us to. I think Lewandowski has it in him.

Lol yes mario gomez won us the champions league because of those 7 seconds he was substituted in the final against dortmund.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ottackon » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:13 pm

MUTU has tried some kind of reductio ad absurdum in my opinion.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:26 pm

SilentStrike wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:[quote="ottackon"]Beyond stats, Bayern plays better with Lewandowski than with Mandzukic.

Lol yes mario gomez won us the champions league because of those 7 seconds he was substituted in the final against dortmund.[/quote]
3 out of 4 my friend. In one season 13 goals in the Champions League. More goals in that one season than the entire career of Mandzukic. But anyway we have Lewandowski now and I am confident that he, unlike Mandzukic, will be able to take us to a final.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:41 pm

MUTU you still cant let go of Gomez haha

Lewandowski is better than both of them...we just play different tactics with him in our team as you can see he often moves to the left side of the field when we are attacking. That is why Robben is set much higher than in previous seasons and scores more goals.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:54 pm

Didi Hamann: Pep oder Lewandowski - einer wird gehen! [source]

Oho! This is something new... :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Bayernbazi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:08 pm

I am beginning to wonder if Didi Hamann is on a mission to rock the boat as much as he can in the hope of getting one of them poached by the EPL. :roll:
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Korab » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:09 pm

And I think Hamann is right. Both Lewa and Muller should bail on Bayern as fast as possible, just for good of their future in football. Both thriving in free flow game but not so in grinding style of Guardiola. It would be very good business for both sides. Over 100 mln for Bayern which can buy few more Bernats and keep their style going without noticeable difference.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:12 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:MUTU you still cant let go of Gomez haha

Lewandowski is better than both of them...we just play different tactics with him in our team as you can see he often moves to the left side of the field when we are attacking. That is why Robben is set much higher than in previous seasons and scores more goals.

Lewandowski is more of an all-rounder. His all-round skills are better than Gomez and Mandzukic.
Mandzukic is the best fighter, but despite him winning some battles in tackling, Lewandowski still assists more, because as you say he's able to drift into the winger position sometimes and allow the other offensive players to move into the striker position.
Gomez is just more prolific than the others. It'd be nice to also have someone with his poaching skills as a plan B along with Lewandowski.

In our tactics, Lewandowski suits us best I'd say. Dieter Hoeness and Effenberg seem to agree as well.

But we do need a plan B. Sometimes, Lewandowski will fall short. It's infallible. This is not a striker problem but a personnel problem. We're quick to point fingers at Lewandowski but he's the only proper real striker (I'm not counting the old and oft-injured Pizarro here) in the squad. When he fails, or the opposition doesn't suit him, he often has to keep on playing.

This wasn't the case in 2012/13. When Gomez was playing badly, or the tactics of the opponents wouldn't allow him to play to his strengths, Heynckes played Mandzukic. And vice versa. Pep doesn't have this luxury in the striking department, so Lewandowski plays, sucks, and looks bad as a result.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:MUTU you still cant let go of Gomez haha

Lewandowski is more of an all-rounder. His all-round skills are better than Gomez and Mandzukic.
Mandzukic is the best fighter, but despite him winning some battles in tackling, Lewandowski still assists more, because as you say he's able to drift into the winger position sometimes and allow the other offensive players to move into the striker position.
Gomez is just more prolific than the others. It'd be nice to also have someone with his poaching skills as a plan B along with Lewandowski.

In our tactics, Lewandowski suits us best I'd say. Dieter Hoeness and Effenberg seem to agree as well.

But we do need a plan B. Sometimes, Lewandowski will fall short. It's infallible. This is not a striker problem but a personnel problem. We're quick to point fingers at Lewandowski but he's the only proper real striker (I'm not counting the old and oft-injured Pizarro here) in the squad. When he fails, or the opposition doesn't suit him, he often has to keep on playing.

This wasn't the case in 2012/13. When Gomez was playing badly, or the tactics of the opponents wouldn't allow him to play to his strengths, Heynckes played Mandzukic. And vice versa. Pep doesn't have this luxury in the striking department, so Lewandowski plays, sucks, and looks bad as a result.

I think that sums it up fairly accurately.

The other factor, of course, was that Mandzukic spoke very badly out of turn after the Madrid defeat. He might still be at Bayern playing fairly often, only for that. He must carry the blame for that.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Korab wrote:And I think Hamann is right. Both Lewa and Muller should bail on Bayern as fast as possible, just for good of their future in football. Both thriving in free flow game but not so in grinding style of Guardiola. It would be very good business for both sides. Over 100 mln for Bayern which can buy few more Bernats and keep their style going without noticeable difference.

That is only half analysed. Irrelevant of Guardiola and his style, league opponents will increasingly park the bus and try 10-man pressing anyway -against Bayern and against top teams elsewhere in Europe. Coping in such games is a skill every striker should acquire. And I see no discontent in Lewandowski or Guardiola about the situation.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Badger wrote:I think that sums it up fairly accurately.

Badger wrote:The other factor, of course, was that Mandzukic spoke very badly out of turn after the Madrid defeat. He might still be at Bayern playing fairly often, only for that. He must carry the blame for that.

I'm not convinced that Mandzukic and Lewandowski together would either be a healthy dressing room environment or a good plan B. Mandzukic doesn't possess a skillset that makes him vastly different to Lewandowski. In my humble opinion, our plan B should be a poacher style of player. Someone like Huntelaar for example would be cool to have. As I explained earlier, it will help Lewandowski look better, because in matches where Lewandowski is anticipated to struggle, this Mr X would be playing instead.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
Badger wrote:I think that sums it up fairly accurately.

Badger wrote:The other factor, of course, was that Mandzukic spoke very badly out of turn after the Madrid defeat. He might still be at Bayern playing fairly often, only for that. He must carry the blame for that.

I'm not convinced that Mandzukic and Lewandowski together would either be a healthy dressing room environment or a good plan B. Mandzukic doesn't possess a skillset that makes him vastly different to Lewandowski. In my humble opinion, our plan B should be a poacher style of player. Someone like Huntelaar for example would be cool to have. As I explained earlier, it will help Lewandowski look better, because in matches where Lewandowski is anticipated to struggle, this Mr X would be playing instead.

Perhaps. But my point is that he was at Bayern already, and trying both of them for a season might not have hurt. The main difference I see is that Lewandowski outplays central defenders while Mandzukic fights with them. There are games, like the Shaktar one, where the opponents' central defenders don't get hassled enough.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion