You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby FCB general » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:49 am

Argeta wrote:What a striker we have!! He has everything!!!

Still his finishing in not on a world-class level. I was surprised yesterday to see Götze as our current top goalscorer, even Müller above him on the list.

Somehow I don't believe he'll ever improve his most important part of his game, which is extremely important in big matches.

I know he's still searching for himself in this Bayern system and situation where your team every match has strong defensive block on the other side, but so far he didn't impressed me. He does really well that possession part, ball control and passing, but that's nothing new after his move to München.

He must become consistent in scoring goal, look for simple solutions in 1-on-1 situations, max. level of composure, etc. Only then he'll be a great striker.

In Bayern he won't be able to score from penalties like in Dortmund. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:54 am

Lewa finishing isnt great.. Hence he scored goals for BvB none ever would have... #-o
Ottomeister13

Postby tflags » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:27 pm

In due time he'll prove he can help the team more as an attacking midfielder than a target man; specially under Guardiola.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:24 pm

And Lewa will say, "Need a striker to play deep and create plays? Bitch please you don't need to spend 250M." :wink:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Argeta » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:19 am

Lewandowski will improve at finishing. TRUST ME!!!!
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby runaway » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:04 pm

He'll score when he fancies, he'll score them fancy. Mr. Fancy.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby theundead » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:14 pm

runaway wrote:He'll score when he fancies, he'll score them fancy. Mr. Fancy.

That is a really nice poster. Did you make it yourself?
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby runaway » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Nah just tweaked the original official wallpaper from fcbayern site.
Spoiler: show
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby JANCKER » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 pm

I like his Nike shoes... wait, I can't see them. :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Argeta » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Man what the hell.. I think Lewandowski looks alot like me.. Am I may be his twin brother? :/
Friends say I look like Gomez though
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:33 pm

I have one friend who looks exactly like Lewandowski :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:05 am

Argeta wrote:Man what the hell.. I think Lewandowski looks alot like me.. Am I may be his twin brother? :/
Friends say I look like Gomez though

You think you look like Lewa, they think you look like Gomez. One thing is certain, one of the 2 parties is completely blind...
Ottomeister13

Postby tflags » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 am

tflags wrote:In due time he'll prove he can help the team more as an attacking midfielder than a target man; specially under Guardiola.

Oh please. Who said he was a midfielder?

Sport1: Also experiment with Robert Lewandowski on the left is put Guardiola in Augsburg probably shelved, "I know that his position is the center-forward."
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:53 pm

tflags wrote:
tflags wrote:In due time he'll prove he can help the team more as an attacking midfielder than a target man; specially under Guardiola.

Oh please. Who said he was a midfielder?

Sport1: Also experiment with Robert Lewandowski on the left is put Guardiola in Augsburg probably shelved, "I know that his position is the center-forward."

"I know that his position is the center-forward" ... *whispered under his breath* But I will still move him wherever I want on the field *cackles somewhat villainously* :pep:

Let's be real, Guardiola will do whatever he wants, and good on that tactical savant/crazy person. Other managers play mind games with the media to mess with the opposition, but when Guardiola throws out these blurbs which everyone already knows except apparently Guardiola, I feel that Guardiola doesn't have the time and enduring patience to explain to journalists what crazy experiment he's about to perform.

It's like the media hoping for Pep to reassure them that Alaba is still just a left full-back "I know that his position is the left fullback" because explaining what he did there would take ages.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby runaway » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:27 am

I'm replying here instead to prevent off-topic in the Bayern-Schalke thread. :wink:

Lewandowski is not underperforming. Yes, he missed sitters and very good opportunities but he was never a clinical finisher. He's a high volume shooter that needs a lot of shots for his goals. It's a good sign that the chances he missed are from high percentage chances (within the 18 yard box) mostly. That shows us that he continually puts himself in great opportunities to score but hasn't converted them yet. Given it's his first season and playing in a more possession oriented game, a bit of a leeway can be given. But the fact that most of the chances he took are from great opportunities suggests that he'll continually put himself in those situations and in time the goal tally we all want from him will rack up. Because the more chances one player takes given a shot with high percentage of finishing means the player will score them eventually.

It's not easy finding Bundesliga analytics in English but I found this one and has edited it to reflect the actual Goals scored per 90 minutes and actual shots taken per 90 minutes (data from squawka).

Robben who is in red-hot form has been overperforming his expected goals not only with higher actual goals but with lesser shots too. Mueller, the scoring enigma, is the most efficient striker in Bundesliga but has been underperforming his expected goals value. Lewandowski is almost on par with his expected goals. This ExpG value is from his data at BVB and Bayern attacks and takes their chances very differently from BVB. We shoot more inside the box and with little space and time because of the usual more bodies defending against us.

In fact, Lewa has higher shots inside the box (3.14) compared to Mueller (3.07) and Robben (3.01). Robben though, of course, has more shots outside the box (1.91) than Lewa (0.70) and Mueller (0.26). Mueller has more playing time (1379) than Lewa (1288) and Robben (1224). Take note, Mueller and Robben scored 1 penalty goal each in Buli. Penalties are not considered with the ExpG model because it bloats a player's goal tally.

Yes, I'd like to see Lewandowski finish more the great chances that he gets but we'll need more than 17 games to judge him about it. For now, claiming he is not performing on par is still too hasty.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion