You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:09 pm

He‘s not?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Lewandowski concedes Bayern squad is 'getting older' [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Interesting how he says: ""At this point we really have a good team, but it is known that players are getting older,"

Most likely Ribery and Rafinha won't be around next season, Robben could be gone as well since Bayern will not offer him more than 1 year and I am sure that teams in the MLS or his native Netherlands can still sign him for 2 or 3 years (I am under the impression that he is the type of players that at hsi age will put his family first and he won't go to China or the middle east; but the USA or back home will be fine with him), Vidal should be sold since he will be entering the last year of his contract and he is slowing down rapidly. After that, there will be no older player in the squad than Lewandowski himself. If I was a journalist I would ask him who are the old players that he is referring to, and who are the players that he wants to replace with "world class players".

This is the 2nd time in a couple of months that he comes back with the idea that Bayern should enter the spending race with the likes of PSG or Manchester City which is surprising since by now he should now Bayern in and out and it is not going to happen. Bayern will be forced to rebuild next summer but it will spend wisely not big. Maybe we should consider selling an aging Lewandowski now that we can cash a large amount and bring in a couple of younger replacements. Isn't he opening the exit door every time he opens his mouth?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:45 pm

I fear for our situation if Lewandowski hands in the footballing-equivalent of a resignation letter and asks to leave the club.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:28 pm

MUTU wrote:I fear for our situation if Lewandowski hands in the footballing-equivalent of a resignation letter and asks to leave the club.

No worries we have, :coffee:

and Evina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:No worries we have, :coffee:

and Evina

Seriously?
You want to replace the best striker in the world with 2 people who haven't played professionally?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:45 pm

prasun77 wrote:

and Evina

Seriously?
You want to replace the best striker in the world with 2 people who haven't played professionally?
It's like Mercedes replacing Lewis Hamilton with a random guy they watched performing a cool overtaking maneuver in an urban city street.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:46 pm

prasun77 wrote:

and Evina

Seriously?

It is a sarcasm, but seriously Some of us are a kind of annoyed by these remarks so often now by Lewa: it started to sound either like a threat or the excuse for a move that his agent might be working out slowly (Real Madrid?).

In a different context and said in a different way: I do not see a problem with his remarks: most of us agree partially with what he is saying but I go back to what I have been saying for a while: our problem right now is not the 60-80M players that we do not sign, it is more the 30-40M players that we sign. That's what we need to fix. James is the 60-80M player that he is talking about, what does James do with Tolisso and Vidal behind his back? little.

If Lewa is thinking that we are going to spend 100M in a pair if fullbacks (like Manchester City did) or 400M in a pair of players (like PSG did) he is daydreaming.
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:49 pm

MUTU wrote:It's like Mercedes replacing Lewis Hamilton with a random guy they watched performing a cool overtaking maneuver in an urban city street.

Plus, we already have a couple of those random guys in our team: Corentin Tolisso and Sven Ulreich.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Lewandowski mostly wants us to stop being the only Bayern team in history to only have one striker, and potentially the only professional club in the whole world with such a problem.

He also wants that we hit two birds with one stone and find a replacement for Robbery at the same time.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:57 pm

The problem is that he is only one year short than the 30mark.
Therefore we need either two strikers or else just one and he himself will be relegated as our backup striker

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Ribery was really annoying in the past with his constant flirting with Real Madrid and Barcelona too but then he extended and has been one of our best players for many years

I hate everytime Lewy or his agent open their mouths, but on the other hand it's good that the club receive this kind of warning from our players when we are in risk of screwing up the team
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 pm

MUTU wrote:Lewandowski mostly wants us to stop being the only Bayern team in history to only have one striker, and potentially the only professional club in the whole world with such a problem.

He also wants that we hit two birds with one stone and find a replacement for Robbery at the same time.

But the problem has 50 shades of grey, precisely because he is the best striker in the world (and for the most part never gets injured) it is hard to find that 2nd striker willing to sit on the bench game after game. Young strikers do not want that role, old strikers of quality prefer other clubs where they have guaranteed minutes. We are left with mediocre choices that won't even compete with the alternative false 9's or advanced wingers.

Ideally, with Lewa in the team we need a winger that replaces Robben-Ribery and can play centrally as a striker as well. Robben has done it for The Netherlands before and I am sure that if he trains for certain games in the role we can get something out of him, at least better than the James false 9 experiment; but wait......Robben is one of those old players that Lewa wants to get rid of.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Pelin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 am

stop twisting his words. He said nothing wrong. A big name every 2-3 years is a must for us in order to bring new blood and rejuvenate the team with quality.

Jupp implied the same during his press conference last week.

Btw, l don't know why you focus on only Lewy. No player can be happy with wasting their best years with Ribery who is in declined since 2 years. Robben proved that he is still world class.

We can easily spend 70-80 m euros+bonuses on worthy players with right age. A talent like Mbappe is a rare. There won't be Neymar or Mbappe cases every mercato. so prices will drop.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Pelin wrote:stop twisting his words. He said nothing wrong. A big name every 2-3 years is a must for us in order to bring new blood and rejuvenate the team with quality.

Jupp implied the same during his press conference last week.

Btw, l don't know why you focus on only Lewy. No player can be happy with wasting their best years with Ribery who is in declined since 2 years. Robben proved that he is still world class.

We can easily spend 70-80 m euros+bonuses on worthy players with right age. A talent like Mbappe is a rare. There won't be Neymar or Mbappe cases every mercato. so prices will drop.

Every 2-3?

Jupp himself said in 2012 AND 2013, that a club like Bayern needed 1-2 ABSOLUTE wc players every year... We barely make that mark every year... Which is why we no longer have a serious shot at winning the CL...

Jorge wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Interesting how he says: ""At this point we really have a good team, but it is known that players are getting older,"

Most likely Ribery and Rafinha won't be around next season, Robben could be gone as well since Bayern will not offer him more than 1 year and I am sure that teams in the MLS or his native Netherlands can still sign him for 2 or 3 years (I am under the impression that he is the type of players that at hsi age will put his family first and he won't go to China or the middle east; but the USA or back home will be fine with him), Vidal should be sold since he will be entering the last year of his contract and he is slowing down rapidly. After that, there will be no older player in the squad than Lewandowski himself. If I was a journalist I would ask him who are the old players that he is referring to, and who are the players that he wants to replace with "world class players".

This is the 2nd time in a couple of months that he comes back with the idea that Bayern should enter the spending race with the likes of PSG or Manchester City which is surprising since by now he should now Bayern in and out and it is not going to happen. Bayern will be forced to rebuild next summer but it will spend wisely not big. Maybe we should consider selling an aging Lewandowski now that we can cash a large amount and bring in a couple of younger replacements. Isn't he opening the exit door every time he opens his mouth?

Will it? Cause so far I can see no wise whatsoever in Tolisso, Sanches, Götze, et. al. while Sané rocks out hard...

MUTU wrote:
prasun77 wrote:

and Evina

Seriously?
It's like Mercedes replacing Lewis Hamilton with a random guy they watched performing a cool overtaking maneuver in an urban city street.

No, it’s not... Cause much of Hamilton‘s dominance can be attributed to his way superior equipment - even a random guy could perform very decent in a greatly superior vehicle... In soccer, you don’t depend on and profit from your equipment that much...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion