You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:25 am

YlonenXabi wrote:If we replace him with Werner we would be making a big mistake IMO

When we replaced Gomez with Mandzukic it was different, because Mueller, Ribery and Robben could also score a lot. But at the moment, it will be suicidal letting him go

It was suicidal back then too because we stopped reaching the CL final after Gomez left. With Lewandowski we haven't reached the CL final. Maybe all we need is a poacher-style striker, but Werner isn't that.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:34 am

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:If we replace him with Werner we would be making a big mistake IMO

When we replaced Gomez with Mandzukic it was different, because Mueller, Ribery and Robben could also score a lot. But at the moment, it will be suicidal letting him go

It was suicidal back then too because we stopped reaching the CL final after Gomez left. With Lewandowski we haven't reached the CL final. Maybe all we need is a poacher-style striker, but Werner isn't that.

Gomez is one of the best, if not the best, poacher-style striker ever to play. There simply aren't any equivalents to him on the market.

Actually, calling him a poacher-style striker might be a mischaracterization because he was/is very complete as a player and the only thing he couldn't do well is dribble(although his turns have always been incredible), but I digress.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:45 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:He really needs to find his scoring boots though

But first of all and most importantly he needs to stop being a little bitch on the field. Especially toward his teammates.

Agree.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:59 pm

MUTU wrote:

It was not suicidal as we won CL with Gomez featuring for just 1 minute, plus his replacement scored in that match :coffee:

What I mean is that Mandzukic suited the team more than Gomez even though he scored lesser goals for a reason. He wasn't the only goalscoring threat in the team as Mueller, Ribery, Robben and Schweinsteiger could easily find the net too.

That's not the case nowadays, although we seem to be improving again in that aspect with Jupp
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:51 pm

MUTU wrote:

Agree but lets not forget what mandzukic done or still does. he helps a lot the midfiled by tracking down. lewandowski is not a great pocher( he is a scorer but not a great one and by that I mean one shot one kill) neighter a worker. he needs to step up when team needs him; sometime the team game doenst work BUT an attacker can score from 1chance and you take all points. I dont remember lew to fly or score in a decisive game. On the other hand dunno who is better than him except 2 3 players that are non transferable. I guess we must be happy with him and find some solutions to score with other players more goals, because when he faces experimented defenders he is quite silent.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:07 pm

We're getting off topic but regarding Mandzukic vs Gomez let's just say that not only did Gomez score more goals per minute played than Mandzukic but statistically Bayern scored more goals and, perhaps more surprising, also conceded fewer goals with Gomez on the pitch than with Mandzukic (who did track back more often) on the pitch. Opponents simply defended deeper (and hence attacked less) when our striker (Gomez) lurked around the box all match. An attacker helping out in defence could therefore indirectly be doing a disservice to defence in general because it allows the opponents to attack more.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:40 pm

MUTU wrote:We're getting off topic but regarding Mandzukic vs Gomez let's just say that not only did Gomez score more goals per minute played than Mandzukic but statistically Bayern scored more goals and, perhaps more surprising, also conceded fewer goals with Gomez on the pitch than with Mandzukic (who did track back more often) on the pitch. Opponents simply defended deeper (and hence attacked less) when our striker (Gomez) lurked around the box all match. An attacker helping out in defence could therefore indirectly be doing a disservice to defence in general because it allows the opponents to attack more.
IMO Mandzukic was by far Bayern's best striker since Elber...
In my book our best Elber , Mandzu, Roy, were the top 3 of the last 20years

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:We're getting off topic but regarding Mandzukic vs Gomez let's just say that not only did Gomez score more goals per minute played than Mandzukic but statistically Bayern scored more goals and, perhaps more surprising, also conceded fewer goals with Gomez on the pitch than with Mandzukic (who did track back more often) on the pitch. Opponents simply defended deeper (and hence attacked less) when our striker (Gomez) lurked around the box all match. An attacker helping out in defence could therefore indirectly be doing a disservice to defence in general because it allows the opponents to attack more.
IMO Mandzukic was by far Bayern's best striker since Elber...
In my book our best Elber , Mandzu, Roy, were the top 3 of the last 20years

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

For me it's Gomez, Elber then Lewandowski. I rate Toni, Makaay and Olic above Mandzukic. Then it's Pizarro, Klose, Podolski and Petersen. I probably forgot a few others...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah, I think we overrate Mandzukic a bit because he was our starter in 2012/13.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:39 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yeah, I think we overrate Mandzukic a bit because he was our starter in 2012/13.

I think we overate people who doesnt score or play the way it should in big games and we have a few; I will name just 2 tonight (maybe because I had big expectation from them ) Lewy and Thiago.
And I not a fan of statistics, for me its not same if you score 5 against Werder or 1 in knock out rounds in CL. If you are a baller prove it when you get the chances. stop being a demanding bitch or a pitch balerina. I cant forget Bastian WC final with his face covered in blood, to achive big things you must sacrifice yourself. this is not anymore a competition this is a war on lots of money.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Lewandowski has scored in plenty of big games with Dortmund, Poland and Bayern.

Just because we couldn't make it to the next round doesn't mean that he flopped or anything :|
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:22 pm

try to find them some excuses first it was the mask then some auchy sholder maybe this year will be some thinny razor cut on his face ..
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:29 pm

What excuses? I'm telling you he HAS actually scored goals in big matches
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:31 pm

And yes, he was probably faking a CONCUSSION that sent him to hospital with broken jaw bones :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby prasun77 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

The things he is doing when he is not even 100%..hats off!
What a **** goal..
We must get a backup for him ASAP..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion