You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:46 am

nice nice BUT he always scores against small teams from bundesliga or europe. I hope too see him being decisive against big teams.
congrats for his achievement and record
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby bastos80 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:47 pm

He scored some goals against big teams. Including important goals against Juventus. He also scored the 2-1 against Atletico in the second leg if I remember correctly. He also scored against Barca when the tie has already been given away.

He hasn't done too bad. He wasn't decisive because we hardly could win a tie against those big ones..
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Achilles » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:nice nice BUT he always scores against small teams from bundesliga or europe. I hope too see him being decisive against big teams.
congrats for his achievement and record

This never gets old for the strikers playing after 2010
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski: Ballon d'Or is never my focus
Spoiler: show
Fresh from setting a UEFA World Cup qualifying goal-scoring record with 16 goals, a Ballon d'Or nomination and landing a bachelor's degree, Poland striker Robert Lewandowski caught up with ESPN FC for an exclusive interview.

Speaking at the launch of Bayern Munich's new partnership with Audi, Lewandowski discussed his ambitions for club and country, his Champions League dreams, and a very close shave with Blackburn Rovers.

Q: What are your thoughts on Bayern Munich's first campaign (2016-17) under Carlo Ancelotti?A: We played well during Ancelotti's first season. Without my injury in the Champions League, we had a good chance to reach the final. [Lewandowski missed the 2-1 first leg defeat vs. Real Madrid in Munich and was rushed back for the second where he scored a penalty, but was substituted late on as Bayern forced extra-time only to lose 6-3 on aggregate.]

If I had been 100 percent fit to play in Madrid, I think we could have made the semifinal, then who knows maybe we would have won the Champions League.

Q: It's been a turbulent start to this season. Bayern trail Dortmund by five points in the Bundesliga, and in Champions League you suffered a 3-0 defeat at Paris Saint-Germain. Ancelotti left the club, and Jupp Heynckes was brought in. Going forward, what are your hopes?

A: Now there's a new season and a new challenge with the new trainer. Sometimes it's not so easy if you are at a club that changes trainer during the season. But we have to push on now. We are five points behind Dortmund, but there are a lot of games left until the end of the season.

But in the Champions League, after our defeat at PSG, we have work to do to qualify. We have to play to the end. Who knows? Maybe we will win the Champions League and the Bundesliga.
Q: What do you think of Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's comments about Real Madrid being your "dream club"?

A: I don't know exactly what he said. Maybe you can ask him why he said what he did. I don't know if he said that and where he said that. It's important what kind of newspaper quoted him.

Q: Last year, you were highly critical of the Ballon d'Or voting process. You came 16th and called it a "cabaret" after not making the final shortlist. Why?

A: I don't know why some players get 50th, 5th or 25th place. Only the first three places are important. That is why last year I was a little bit... how should I say... shocked. Because if you play for Bayern Munich and are playing Champions League semifinals and scoring a lot of goals in the Bundesliga and you're second top scorer in the Champions League... I don't know what place I was but it was a little bit funny -- maybe funny is the right word.

Q: Is Ballon d'Or recognition especially vital to you?

A: No, I wouldn't say it was that important to me. Success at Bayern is more important, especially in the Champions League. If we reach the UCL final and win the Bundesliga, we can speak again but the Ballon d'Or is never my focus.

Q: You have won Bundesliga titles with Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich. Your trophy cabinet is stacked with German cups and Torjagerkanonen (Bundesliga top scorer) awards. But you've only played in one Champions League final, and lost it. Is your main target now the Champions League?

A: Yes, after winning the Bundesliga and DFB Pokal a lot, you have to start thinking about other trophies. Last season, we were disappointed because we knew we were playing well but sometimes in football a poor few minutes means you are out of the Champions League.
Q: Ahead of your move to Borussia Dortmund in 2010, you were also linked with Blackburn Rovers. Your career could have taken quite a different turn. What stopped you from moving to England at this early stage of your career?

A: I could not fly to Blackburn because of the volcano [the Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajokull which disrupted air travel in most parts of northern Europe in April 2010] but I wanted to go there just to see what the club is like because I didn't know back then where I was going.

Because if I travelled there, I would then know which is the best club for me. I couldn't go but I have to say at that time Blackburn was my second-choice anyway. But maybe if I went there and saw the club, the stadium and everything, it would have become my first-choice.

Dortmund was my first choice back then but I was thinking about other clubs and different options. I'd never been to Blackburn so that's why I wanted to go there, but I couldn't.

Q: Poland have qualified for the 2018 World Cup. How do you rate your country's chances in Russia?

A: It's hard to say. Poland have a great team at the moment with lots of very good players. We can play really well sometimes and we have a lot of potential, but we also know there are many things we can do better. We will have to wait and see who we play in the group stages, but in the World Cup you never know -- every game is crucial.

Q: Last week, you finished your thesis and picked up your bachelor's degree in Poland. What was your motivation to continue studying while at the same time playing football?

A: I started it 10 years ago, taking my first steps after high school. However, after the first year, I didn't have a lot of time to do it. That's why I needed so much time. But my mother kept telling me, "if you can do it, try to finish it" and I knew that if I took it step by step I could manage it.

Now I'm finished, I'm really happy because it's something to tell my children: that daddy not only played football but also did something like this.

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Achilles » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 am

He was frustrated with the torjägerkanone, imagine being constantly mocked for the Ballon D'or, give us a break Lewy...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Bayernbazi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Here we go again with this whiner.
Lewandowsk asks agent to arrange for change

Since Jupp's return, everyone seems to be giving it a shot but this one. I don't know what is it. If it's is him who shut himself out or it's the others (especially Robben) who choking him ? Yesterday at one moment during the 1st half, after a failed finishing, Robben was calling him but he simply ignored him and kept walking away looking down.
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm

He has a problem with Robben, imagine with CR7, a player that with no hesitation nullified a 100m transfer and keeps sterilizing a gifted striker like Benzema for 7-years. Poor Lewy :lol:

If there is any truth in that article or Lewy keeps playing the chicken game and all this circus we're watching every 3 months with him or his agent threatening the club with a transfer, then seriously I hope we sell him next summer despite his quality. I really can't stand him anymore, take this whiner out in every game he raises his hands for not having the ball. Sometimes he is right but this is getting ridiculous.

Deep inside I think that all these rumors are just rumors but if not I'd really like the board to expose him publicly like they did with Douglas Costa, then the fans will take over for Robert. With the first whistles while he controls the ball or the moaning when he doesn't score he'll find out that we have tolerated his attitude for a long time. Play and shut it or don't and ask for a transfer, enough with that juvenile games and interviews.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:18 pm

This is what you get when you're too nice with someone, Bayern should've gotten a backup striker to make Lewy sit on the bench sometimes. Spoiled egomaniac.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:43 pm

This is the last season of Vidal and Lewa

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:47 pm

I think that Lewy regrets having chosen Bayern over Real Madrid in 2014. He came to Bayern because he wants to win the CL. In the meantime Real Madrid have won it twice and Bayern don't seem to get closer. The interview with Der Spiegel suggests that he feels the club isn't doing enough. Question is, he turns 30 next summer - which club likely to win the CL in the next two or three years would buy him?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:19 pm

If he had the option to join RM in 2014, he'd have warmed the bench there(if that's to regret). Maybe now he sees that something has changed in that regard and is pushing for a move there.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Robert isn't even playing very well ATM tbh. I'd agree to let him leave if we could get Werner (but I know that's quite difficult).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:22 pm

If we replace him with Werner we would be making a big mistake IMO

When we replaced Gomez with Mandzukic it was different, because Mueller, Ribery and Robben could also score a lot. But at the moment, it will be suicidal letting him go
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:12 pm

He really needs to find his scoring boots though
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:He really needs to find his scoring boots though

But first of all and most importantly he needs to stop being a little bitch on the field. Especially toward his teammates.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion