You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MasterBlaster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 pm

i dont know why someones says to sell Lewa like Lewa was the only reason Bayern cant get close to win CL recenlty. Cmon.
MasterBlaster
Getting the hang of it

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Uli Hoeneß: "Lewandowski's agent has to understand that we are not Dortmund to talk about leaving every 6 months. We do things differently"

Talk to them, Uli!

Send via carrier pigeon.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Birthday

Postby JANCKER » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:42 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm in favour of selling him and getting two strikers instead of him of equal quality (to each other) and different styles of playing. We'd be more flexible up front and have more reliability (don't need to panic when Lewandowski can't play).

I think that could actually happen if Lewy doesn't keep his mouth shut. If the right offer comes.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:44 pm

agent gets money when a player goes from a team to other
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:46 pm

endrity wrote:Well it's clearly a flawed statistic to refer to. The strikers scored more goals because they were beneficiaries of the team's play but it was clear in the case of the latter two that they were replaced by better options which made them lose their starting spot. Elber too was replaced by a much better option at the time in Makaay.

Is it? Elber was a legend and, now that we have the power of hindsight, a clearly better player than Makaay. OK, he was older than Makaay so we did get a younger player but still an inferior option. Gomez was the most prolific player (goals-per-90) in the history of German Cup and in the history of the Champions League (and still is in both!) when we let him go to stick with Mandzukic who was scoring less regularly. The only time I would agree with you that we made a real improvement was selling Mandzukic and getting Lewandowski on a free. So yes, it's not uncommon for us to sell a striker to get an inferior younger replacement.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Poulson of RBL could be an op imo.
He is strong and he lost his place to Werner.
Forget about Werner he is not for sale and if he ever leaves he will join a club outside Germany

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm

MUTU wrote:So yes, it's not uncommon for us to sell a striker to get an inferior younger replacement.

Indeed but with Robbery at their prime, Muller roaming like hell was much easier for the striker to look better! The supporting cast and the balance was almost divine, that supporting cast is not the same anymore and Lewandowski is on the wheel not Robbery anymore.

What I mean is that having three superstars at their prime(Robbery,Muller) plus Schweinsteiger you don't mind losing your main striker but now it's the other way around, Lewandowski is actually our main weapon and the supporting cast has declined somehow, in the first occasion you can cope with but in the second one you're playing with fire.

Selling Lewy for Werner could work perfectly fine only if Muller wakes up and we sign a world class winger/attacker. Otherwise it's 50/50 either Werner or any successor of Lewy starts hitting 40s every season or you're dead. Lewy's numbers are huge, in another era he would be treated like a god but he is playing in the era of demigod stats(Messi,CR7)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:08 am

MUTU wrote:I'm in favour of selling him and getting two strikers instead of him of equal quality (to each other) and different styles of playing. We'd be more flexible up front and have more reliability (don't need to panic when Lewandowski can't play).

Not a bad idea, he will be 30 next season and based on how volatile the market is for strikers he can go from 100 M or more. Then we get two younger strikers: Werner 21 (not for sale but we still can buy him) and .....? I would love to have a pacey winger aged around 24-25 or a winger who can break on 1v1's who can double as a striker, preferably with BL experience, should we go for Pulisic although he is still too young?

I mentioned in another thread that we will be in real trouble if Lewandowski gets a long term injury this season, this is the same reason why Bayern should consider selling him and entertain the idea of getting two replacements with the money from his sale.

I still do not understand Bayern's recent purchases: Tolisso after buying Sanches? One too many of the same. Then we loaned out two of the wingers that could have replaced our aging wingers (Gnabry and Costa) and if Costa is not what we want why didn't we sell him? True that James can play on the wings but he lacks pace, something that Coman has but the French is very unreliable and not world class material so far.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:25 am

MasterBlaster wrote:Lewa doesnt want to hurt club. He want the same as everyone else (fans, club) to win CL. The difference is a way to do it, Lewa want to act more aggressively. He is so close to 30. He want to win CL badly. Bayern can win CL many times in future but it doesnt matter to Lewy, Lewy wants to win CL in next years while he will be Bayern player.

I am not so sure, in the interview
Lewandowski fordert mehr Weltstars beim FC Bayern [source]
he seems pissed off at the fact that Bayern does not sign world class players. I would like to hear who are the players that he does not consider world class: Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Alaba, Thiago, Vidal, Muller, James, Robben look world class to me, that's 10 including him. Then you have Martinez, Rudy, Tolisso, Kimmich, old Ribery, Sule, just below world class level or in a developmental curve that could lead to that. I do not think it is as bad as he says. Maybe Rafinha, Bernat and Coman are low hanging fruits in this conversation since they see the field more than what most of us would like.

Is he talking about Bayern signing Neymar (220 M) and Mbappé (180 M)? At least he is seeing the field now, if those come he could be talking from the bench. Overall, I believe these comments will not help him from any angle.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:40 am

L.Matthaus column...
https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/m ... wkz=WXTSL1

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:08 am

Is he talking about Bayern signing Neymar (220 M) and Mbappé (180 M)?

I am afraid that's the only possibility. Not exactly them, perhaps Hazard, Suarez, CR7 (tax evasion opportunity), etc. I doubt whether Sanchez counts as one of his "world class", but has to be worth 100m+.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:28 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Poulson of RBL could be an op imo.
He is strong and he lost his place to Werner.
Forget about Werner he is not for sale and if he ever leaves he will join a club outside Germany

We would be stupid not to get over 100m for Lewandowski. With that kind of money at our disposal we could surely match the right price for Werner.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bmguy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:10 pm

The right way is to sell Lewandowski and grab Timo Werner + a world class winger. That's all we need next season :D
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Lewa will be 30 next summer. Even if we assume that we put him on the market, which is crazy since he is our best offensive player and the only elite player we have up front right now, I don't think many will pay 100m for 2-3 good years.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 pm

endrity wrote:Lewa will be 30 next summer. Even if we assume that we put him on the market, which is crazy since he is our best offensive player and the only elite player we have up front right now, I don't think many will pay 100m for 2-3 good years.

Almost similar to what Alexis Sanchez would have cost us (he will be 29 in December and Alexis is not Lewa), still many in this board had wet dreams about breaking the bank for Alexis.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion