You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Effenberg777 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:53 pm

lew talks too much and makes nothing against big team. I cant remember a game when he scored twice or more and we lost the game because of our poor defence. I cant remember a game against spanish teams were he stepped up and carried the whole team except his bvb vs real games. yes ronaldo and messi speak but they also deliver when it counts.
User avatar
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm
National Flag:
El Salvador
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:lew talks too much and makes nothing against big team. I cant remember a game when he scored twice or more and we lost the game because of our poor defence. I cant remember a game against spanish teams were he stepped up and carried the whole team except his bvb vs real games. yes ronaldo and messi speak but they also deliver when it counts.

TBF he was injured on both occasions... last year he missed the first leg and played through pain in the second...
While vs Baca he played with the mask of zorro
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27695
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22419 times
Been thanked: 6274 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MasterBlaster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Lewa doesnt want to hurt club. He want the same as everyone else (fans, club) to win CL. The difference is a way to do it, Lewa want to act more aggressively. He is so close to 30. He want to win CL badly. Bayern can win CL many times in future but it doesnt matter to Lewy, Lewy wants to win CL in next years while he will be Bayern player.
MasterBlaster
Getting the hang of it
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:12 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Achilles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:35 pm

MasterBlaster wrote:Lewa doesnt want to hurt club. He want the same as everyone else (fans, club) to win CL. The difference is a way to do it, Lewa want to act more aggressively. He is so close to 30. He want to win CL badly. Bayern can win CL many times in future but it doesnt matter to Lewy, Lewy wants to win CL in next years while he will be Bayern player.

That's a very interesting POV and very positive one, it might have some truth in it but Lewy hasn't showed that nor with words or actions.
The renewal saga and the top-scorer accusations are somehow cancelling your argument, an argument that I'd like to believe as well but I can't cuz he always acted like a merc, a top mercenary tbh.

I believe that all this fuss will be buried for the sake of the team, Lewandowski is entering a danger zone and overstepped his duties, Rummenigge shouldn't comment this interview publicly too.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 614 times
Been thanked: 1249 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Pelin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Uli and Kalle are playing bad and good police there. in addition, what Kalle is saying is pure demagogy there. Despite spending 400 m euros on 2 players, PSG still needs a LB, CB, Regista and GK. thereby, their defence and GK is a big question mark. On the other hand, what we are doing is losing advantage. As l pointed out in Müller thread, First they brought Pep to replace Heynckes, was not a good choice, then signing declined Alonso and starting him at the heart of Bayern for 3 years. Now we are playing declined Ribery. we have money and squad to win CL, yet we waste money on other things, so far, they did their maximum to destroy our CL campaigns.

wouldn't be better if we sign Neymar instead of playing declined Ribery since 2 years? We have money to sign him. As Uli said that we have more money than others, our own money.

222 m euros for him is a bargain compared to what we can win with him.One of the most marketable players, a player would have great impact on promoting BL marketing as well.

Yep, Uli doesn't like Neymar and likes Ribery. as if we are charity club. romantic guys. After all, l hope MGT can look at the mirror for their mistakes.

French football federation president said that they need a great PSG though he liked Bayern model more. l don't agree with him. since, we need to upgrade our model. at least one top player once a 4 year. continue with current policy and create a transfer fund from CL market pool money increases, it will be around 160-200 m euros for 4 years and use it for signing a stop player. one top player for 4 years is enough. it's simple like that.

otherwise, we will face difficulty for attacking players with this policy.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 416 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Achilles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:00 pm

aterford wrote:a)Effenberg is a fool for this. Getting rid of Lewandowski right now would be like Barcelona selling Messi because he criticized them not adequately replacing Neymar. It is utter madness.
b)And then to suggest bringing in Can, Hector, Younes, Arnold, Demirbay, etc? Is this a joke? Is this guy SERIOUSLY suggesting to replace such awful, no class non-german players like Tolisso, Vidal, Alaba, etc with Can and Hector? That's good for a laugh, at least.

Philipp Lahm wrote:"Top teams in the Champions League have first-class players in seven, eight positions – we don't. Other clubs have a system, a philosophy, and buy the players accordingly. We don't. It's not enough to buy good players, one has to develop a team"

Not sure how what Lewandowski said was any worse than that, but okay. :roll:

Lewandowski despite being a super CF has not given to Bayern not even the 1/10 from what Messi has given to Barca, the difference in their legacy according to their respective clubs is huge matter of fact is non existent.
b)I agree, replacing our current WC players with average or potential German players is a joke.

At that time Lahm was right, harsh but right almost everyone could see what he was saying, Lewandowski isn't he is an hypocrite because just 8 months ago he renewed his contract with the statement "we can win every trophy with this team" did the departures of Lahm,Alonso made this team so much worse in just 8-months? Our roster is great, it could have been even better yes but it's not bad, not average, is world class.

Neuer,Hummels,Boateng,Vidal,Alaba,Robben,Muller are beyond world class and on par with Lewy's class. If you add Robert himself there are 8 proven world class players out of 11. I think that's enough as a counter argument for his bullsh!t statements. Spending just for the show makes you a clown not a world class team.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 614 times
Been thanked: 1249 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Pelin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Didn't Uli say that only grenades would improve our team quality?

The renewal saga and the top scorer accusations were just rumours and his agents stuff. don't take them serious please. actually Müller said the same thing some months ago. Uli said the same thing, as only grenades would improve our team and we would something we didn't before.

Lewy did it for good of our team. we need to uprade our model. considering market is more balanced than ever.

Let's end this stuff here. MGT got what they need to get. Now Müller, Ribery, Lewy. Less talk please, talk on the pitch instead.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 416 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Pelin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Achilles wrote:
aterford wrote:a)Effenberg is a fool for this. Getting rid of Lewandowski right now would be like Barcelona selling Messi because he criticized them not adequately replacing Neymar. It is utter madness.
b)And then to suggest bringing in Can, Hector, Younes, Arnold, Demirbay, etc? Is this a joke? Is this guy SERIOUSLY suggesting to replace such awful, no class non-german players like Tolisso, Vidal, Alaba, etc with Can and Hector? That's good for a laugh, at least.

Philipp Lahm wrote:"Top teams in the Champions League have first-class players in seven, eight positions – we don't. Other clubs have a system, a philosophy, and buy the players accordingly. We don't. It's not enough to buy good players, one has to develop a team"

Not sure how what Lewandowski said was any worse than that, but okay. :roll:

Lewandowski despite being a super CF has not given to Bayern not even the 1/10 from what Messi has given to Barca, the difference in their legacy according to their respective clubs is huge matter of fact is non existent.
b)I agree, replacing our current WC players with average or potential German players is a joke.

At that time Lahm was right, harsh but right almost everyone could see what he was saying, Lewandowski isn't he is an hypocrite because just 8 months ago he renewed his contract with the statement "we can win every trophy with this team" did the departures of Lahm,Alonso made this team so much worse in just 8-months? Our roster is great, it could have been even better yes but it's not bad, not average, is world class.

Neuer,Hummels,Boateng,Vidal,Alaba,Robben,Muller are beyond world class and on par with Lewy's class. If you add Robert himself there are 8 proven world class players out of 11. I think that's enough as a counter argument for his bullsh!t statements. Spending just for the show makes you a clown not a world class team.

Opinions can change with time. we lost to Real after that opinion. And All world saw that Ribery is not good enough for this level anymore. Alonso is a walking dead and Lahm is not the same player he was. so l'd not call it as hypocrite.

All roster is great. l agree. This is the problem actually. we are destroying it with not signing just one winger, playing a declined Ribery instead.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 416 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Pelin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Believe me, if they goes on this policy instead of upgrading it. we will lose Bundesliga titles to RB Leipzig. After failures in CL and BL, They will start to overpay more than anyone.mark my words.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 416 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby endrity » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Achilles wrote:Lewandowski despite being a super CF has not given to Bayern not even the 1/10 from what Messi has given to Barca, the difference in their legacy according to their respective clubs is huge matter of fact is non existent.
b)I agree, replacing our current WC players with average or potential German players is a joke.

At that time Lahm was right, harsh but right almost everyone could see what he was saying, Lewandowski isn't he is an hypocrite because just 8 months ago he renewed his contract with the statement "we can win every trophy with this team" did the departures of Lahm,Alonso made this team so much worse in just 8-months? Our roster is great, it could have been even better yes but it's not bad, not average, is world class.

Neuer,Hummels,Boateng,Vidal,Alaba,Robben,Muller are beyond world class and on par with Lewy's class. If you add Robert himself there are 8 proven world class players out of 11. I think that's enough as a counter argument for his bullsh!t statements. Spending just for the show makes you a clown not a world class team.


A season is an eternity in club football. Players can hit a wall in their development, they can get old etc, injuries start deraling their career, opponents can figure you out, etc. A team needs to react after what happens every season. Last year at this time we thought CoCo would be on their way to replacing Robbery. Now Costa is gone, Coman seems to be the same player he was two seasons ago, and Muller is in a crisis mode at Bayern. Lewa is really the only trustworthy player we have up top.

Last year we thought in Renato we'd have a perfect Vidal substitute who could also give Thiago a breather. Now Alonso is gone and so is Renato, Thiago keeps playing the #10 which he is not well suited for and in Vidal and Tolisso we have two powerful engines with good but not great creativity.

In defense Boa has gone from a top 5 defender to constant injury mode, Martinez is a good but not great CB who never plays as midfielder anymore, Lahm left, Alaba has somewhat stalled in his development due to constant reshuffling and Hummels is the only safe option.

And furthermore we installed what semed a very safe option in Ancelotti to replace a hectic Pep, which however has put the entire team to sleep.

Yes, a lot of stuff can happen in a year to make you rethink the team's options.
User avatar
endrity
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 627 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:21 pm

I'm in favour of selling him and getting two strikers instead of him of equal quality (to each other) and different styles of playing. We'd be more flexible up front and have more reliability (don't need to panic when Lewandowski can't play).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32013
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5690 times
Been thanked: 8471 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby endrity » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:24 pm

I'd rather keep our most dependable offensive player and improve the rest of the team...
User avatar
endrity
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 627 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:27 pm

endrity wrote:I'd rather keep our most dependable offensive player and improve the rest of the team...

That never stopped us from selling Elber, Gomez or Mandzukic who were the "most dependable offensive player" at the time they were sold, going by goals-per-90 ratios.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32013
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5690 times
Been thanked: 8471 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby Achilles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:33 pm

endrity wrote:Yes, a lot of stuff can happen in a year to make you rethink the team's options.

Agreed in the most sentences not in the last, 8-months can change your mindset to an extent but not to the extreme and we didn't suffer a huge defeat from a direct opponent to change your mind like that, period.

We could be better in the market, yes I agree but we're talking like we have a bunch of amateurs. The players are world class(majority) but we indeed lack the right system to fit them in and the spark. I don't disagree that we have to somehow lure a couple of world class players but the team is fine.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 614 times
Been thanked: 1249 times
Gender: Male

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby endrity » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:44 pm

MUTU wrote:
endrity wrote:I'd rather keep our most dependable offensive player and improve the rest of the team...

That never stopped us from selling Elber, Gomez or Mandzukic who were the "most dependable offensive player" at the time they were sold, going by goals-per-90 ratios.



Well it's clearly a flawed statistic to refer to. The strikers scored more goals because they were beneficiaries of the team's play but it was clear in the case of the latter two that they were replaced by better options which made them lose their starting spot. Elber too was replaced by a much better option at the time in Makaay.

Right now Lewa is not only our best player in terms of impact, he's the the only one we can trust to play most games and play them well. Robbery are old and injured, Coman blows hot and cold, James is still a mystery and who knows what's up with Muller.

We have never ever willingly let go of a player that was as good and important as Lewa was to us.

Achilles wrote:
endrity wrote:Yes, a lot of stuff can happen in a year to make you rethink the team's options.

Agreed in the most sentences not in the last, 8-months can change your mindset to an extent but not to the extreme and we didn't suffer a huge defeat from a direct opponent to change your mind like that, period.

We could be better in the market, yes I agree but we're talking like we have a bunch of amateurs. The players are world class(majority) but we indeed lack the right system to fit them in and the spark. I don't disagree that we have to somehow lure a couple of world class players but the team is fine.


I am actually one of the people who has and still supports Ancelotti regarding the Real defeat. I thought we were playing extremely well at the time, we were better than them, and we came closer to beating them than we ever did with Pep.

Having said that, it was clear that the roster showcased major holes last year with CoCo and Renato failing to develop at all while continuing to rely on Robbery, and Lahm/Alonso retiring. We needed quite an agressive transfer campaign which did not get. In addition, instead of playing with a sense of urgency, the team played the worst summer games that I can remember and have started the official season in quite a lackadaisical form.
User avatar
endrity
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 627 times
Been thanked: 497 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests