You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby aterford » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Effenberg is a fool for this. Getting rid of Lewandowski right now would be like Barcelona selling Messi because he criticized them not adequately replacing Neymar. It is utter madness.

And then to suggest bringing in Can, Hector, Younes, Arnold, Demirbay, etc? Is this a joke? Is this guy SERIOUSLY suggesting to replace such awful, no class non-german players like Tolisso, Vidal, Alaba, etc with Can and Hector? That's good for a laugh, at least.

Something tells me Effenberg wasn't singing the same tune 8 years ago:

Philipp Lahm wrote:"Top teams in the Champions League have first-class players in seven, eight positions – we don't. Other clubs have a system, a philosophy, and buy the players accordingly. We don't. It's not enough to buy good players, one has to develop a team"

Not sure how what Lewandowski said was any worse than that, but okay. :roll:
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pelin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Firstly, we are too focused on Lewy, yet l don't think players like Hummels, Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago e.t.c. are happy with this policy. Our MGT needs to wake up and stop demagogy anymore.

We are not a charity club, if so, no need to keep top players. if declined Ribery since 2 year, says something like l wanna play for more 2-3 years, l can accept bench role for a game after 3-4 starter appearances. we are finished. Declined Alonso started for us for 3 years. 3 big years. it's not even funny. Ribery gave his best players for Bayern, yet he got paid big numbers and we tolerated a declined Rİbery for 2 years. it's enough. On the other hand, teams like Real kicks their legend when out when their decline starts. we must know when to separate ways.l'm not saying Real is doing the right thing, however players must know that we are not a charity club.

in this case, even Ribery's declarations shows we are not on a good way. to be honest, l'm sad Ribery's declarations didn't catch attention like Lewy's.actually it should have caught more attention from German press. since a player says something for Bayern's good, the other one thinks Bayern is a charity club that he can still start for 2-3 years more even when declined since 2 years.

Bayern must respond and decide if we are a charity club or if we really want to win CL. it's their time. They are doing good marketing. l think they did a good mercato. though l still think their renewing with Ribery was too early. and they were not quick.

We need 2 top players for wing and striker in 2-3 years mercato. We can focus on them with all mercato budgets. we have money to sign top players even if they goes on spending same numbers for non related transfer matters like they did in the last 2 years.

Btw, you miss a big point, that is player won't find the spaces they found in EPL or La Liga or BVB at Bayern.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Pelin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:54 pm

The same Effenberg was saying the opposite some weeks ago.l don't know maybe he was drunk or he hates Bayern so he wants Bayern's bad.in short l can't find an explanation for him.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:31 am

Welcome back FC Hollywood. Sounds like Rummenigge is already into full-on crisis management mode. Quotes from interview in Bild.

Bild: Mr. Rummenigge, does Lewandowski seriously worry about the competitiveness of FC Bayern in his Spiegel-interview? Or is he just trying to provoke a change?
"Apparently Robert felt irritated by the Paris transfers...But, he is employed by us as a footballer and makes a lot of money to boot. I find his statements very regrettable. Even previously, after the Freiburg match, he made some false allegations against his teammates that he hadn't been supported enough."

"Unfortunately, his agent, Mr. Barthel, is often the guiding spirit here. This was probably again the case. The interview was directly organized by him, I think. He is doing Robert harm, not good."

Bild: Lewandowski has said that the power of players is growing, and a change is inevitable. Is this true for him?

"I do not see the power of the players as great as Lewandowski apparently does. He should see by simply looking at his contract: he has signed with us until 2021, and there's no exit clause."

Bild: Is Lewandowski correct in saying that Bayern isn't active enough with their transfers?

"Robert doesn't need to worry. We have a very good squad again this season...and we have a longstanding, serious, and successful philosophy and have achieved great success. After all, we have won all national and international titles in the past five years. Let's see if Paris wins the Champions League. Others have tried in vain to buy titles."
"If Lewandowski complains about the Asia trip we made, he should know that his alleged dream club, Real Madrid, was on the road for 24 days in the heat twice as long as we were"

Bild: Lewandowski believes that money and success now run football, rather than loyalty.
"That would be a pity if he were to see it like that. Loyalty is in our Bayern-DNA and is important to our fans.

Bild: Will Lewandowski be punished for his public criticism?
"Salihamidzic has spoken with him. If you publicly criticize the coach, the club, or other players, you'll hear from me personally."

Finally, regarding Müller (OT a bit I guess):
"Thomas's character is impeccable. But even at Bayern, it's true, there's no guaranteed spots. Dissatisfaction about being on the bench is perfectly okay, but we can't have public criticism of the coach."
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MiaSanFCB » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:43 am

MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby endrity » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:17 am

Well I'd hope they will react by actually becoming more ambitious in their purchases.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 am

Actually I agree with Lewy. Yet I think the core of the board's problem is they refuse to take risks - a conservative strategy of management. Let's say we splash 100m on 1 player. And he gets badly injured in one of the games and is out for 6 months. This will leave ugly marks on our balance sheet.

And also, it is doubtful that these player are willing to play for Bayern. I have seen 3 players personally turn down Bayern's inquiry so far:

Quaresma: He claims Germany is too cold.
Coentrao: He claims he is the most loyal person to Benfica that he will serve Benfica till his death. 3 weeks later he signed with Real. Disgusting person..
Sanchez: He asked for 25m annual salary, which is 70% higher than Lewy's. Apparently just wanted to scare us away.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:55 am

FCB12Forever wrote:Actually I agree with Lewy. Yet I think the core of the board's problem is they refuse to take risks - a conservative strategy of management. Let's say we splash 100m on 1 player. And he gets badly injured in one of the games and is out for 6 months. This will leave ugly marks on our balance sheet.

And also, it is doubtful that these player are willing to play for Bayern. I have seen 3 players personally turn down Bayern's inquiry so far:

Quaresma: He claims Germany is too cold.
Coentrao: He claims he is the most loyal person to Benfica that he will serve Benfica till his death. 3 weeks later he signed with Real. Disgusting person..
Sanchez: He asked for 25m annual salary, which is 70% higher than Lewy's. Apparently just wanted to scare us away.
And we shall thank God for not signing the three of them...

I am only with Lewa on the trip to Asia...
It was useless football wise... I don't give a shit about money and marketing... I am old school and hate modern football... if it was for me I would introduce a cap on foreing players ... 8 max in every team of which only 3 can be non EU...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:20 am

aterford wrote:"If Lewandowski complains about the Asia trip we made, he should know that his alleged dream club, Real Madrid, was on the road for 24 days in the heat twice as long as we were"

:shock: Did he really say that?!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:33 am

MoFattal wrote:
aterford wrote:"If Lewandowski complains about the Asia trip we made, he should know that his alleged dream club, Real Madrid, was on the road for 24 days in the heat twice as long as we were"

:shock: Did he really say that?!

It seems like it...all the sources i can find have included it. Perhaps a bit far on his part...

However....when Rummenigge says "I don't think the players have as much power as they think"...I'm not sure how true that is. I know that's what he *has* to say, but at the end of the day, Lewy has a LOT of power right now, IMO.

While it's true that no player is bigger than the club...it's no secret that we don't have a backup option at CF. Lewy knows this. So while he's under contract here and there's no buyout clause - I think he has about as long a leash as a player could have. At the end of the day I think the club is in a hard place. Even if they wanted to sit Lewandowski as discipline they know we're shooting ourselves in the foot because 1. as said, we don't have a backup and 2. Lewy is one of our most valuable players, if not the very most valuable right now....
So KHR can talk big publicly (and that's okay, I think) but at the end of the day I don't think Lewy will see many consequences.
Lahm was fined 30-50k for his comments which were very similar. IT seems like all Lewandowski is getting is a stern talking to from Brazzo. Honestly I am worried that the club has their hands tied and is too afraid of upsetting him to do anything (which may very well be the reason they don't have a backup in the first place - afraid signing one would upset their star player)
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 am

I believe what's happening now is a consequence of the "freedom" given to Lewa by the management over the past two years. They've been letting him do/say what he wants to the point that he believed that he had "outgrown" the club. I have no doubt that he is currently our most important player, and he definitely is world-class, but the power he currently has is all due to mismanagement from our board. Not getting a CF this season, and even loaning out a good backup in Gnabry, can only mean that Lewa has become a line that cannot be crossed.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:53 am

MoFattal wrote:I believe what's happening now is a consequence of the "freedom" given to Lewa by the management over the past two years. They've been letting him do/say what he wants to the point that he believed that he had "outgrown" the club. I have no doubt that he is currently our most important player, and he definitely is world-class, but the power he currently has is all due to mismanagement from our board. Not getting a CF this season, and even loaning out a good backup in Gnabry, can only mean that Lewa has become a line that cannot be crossed.

Exactly. In an attempt to keep him happy, we gave him WAY too long a leash. (By and large I think his comments were correct, but ill-timed/poor context). Now I think our hands are tied and there's not a lot we can do about it.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 am

MoFattal wrote:I believe what's happening now is a consequence of the "freedom" given to Lewa by the management over the past two years. They've been letting him do/say what he wants to the point that he believed that he had "outgrown" the club. I have no doubt that he is currently our most important player, and he definitely is world-class, but the power he currently has is all due to mismanagement from our board. Not getting a CF this season, and even loaning out a good backup in Gnabry, can only mean that Lewa has become a line that cannot be crossed.

What happened to the Janniseries will happen to him!
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 am

What happened to the Janniseries will happen to him!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:46 am

Lewa owes us no special loyalty and he has never declared such. He agreed to join Bayern in 2013 when it seemed like we would be the dominating football club in Europe after losing the CL final in '12 due to some truly unfortunate events and absolutely bossing the 2013 edition. We should be thankful he kept his promise even after 2014 when we lost a bit of our presumed invincibility. But he joined us to win the CL, win the Balon d'Or and further his status in world football. There is no doubt about that.

Now times have changes a bit, and he is worried, rightly so, that the team will not provide him any longer the platform he expected and it is more than normal that he will put pressure on the team. How much he should do that is up for discussion, but that players will do so once in a while is also totally expected. Not only have players like Ronaldo done so previously, but our very own Lahm did too.
endrity
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion