You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I love how Bayern always finds goal machines, may you continue to reign Lewandowski!

We make them goal machines ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby prasun77 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:11 pm

No..lewa was already a goal machine before he came..klopp made him a goal machine..
Anyway he is our best goal machine since gerd muller..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Robert Lewandowski is in season-best form, with his hat-trick in Bayern’s 8-0 dismantling of Hamburg taking him to the top of the Bundesliga scoring charts with 19 – tied with Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The prolific Pole has now scored 66 Bundesliga goals for Bayern, overtaking Rainer Olhauser in the club’s all-time list. Olhauser terrorised opposition defences throughout the 1960s, and that Lewandowski has only taken two-and-a-half seasons to reach the landmark prompted club CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge to say that the 28-year-old belonged “in the same category as Gerd Müller.”
bundesliga.com caught up with Lewandowski after the HSV game to get his thoughts on such comparisons, and how he thinks this season’s goal-race is shaping up…

Question: Robert Lewandowski, Hamburg had been playing well in recent weeks, but you took them apart. How come it went so well for you?

Robert Lewandowski: Our plan, which we had in place before the game, worked out well. We played well from the first minute to the last and were eager to score. We wanted to keep going after every goal and score the next one. We know we have great potential and great players. It was an outstanding game for the fans and for the anniversary of our coach [Carlo Ancelotti oversaw his 1,000th game from the dug-out]. In the Bundesliga you really have to fight for every goal, but today it was easy. Even if we only win our next games 1-0 or 2-1, the most important thing is to win. We don’t always have to win by so many goals!

Question: Would there have been more if you had played longer?!

Lewandowski: I don’t know. I’ve had that experience before and sometimes it’s better to get the rest! If you play hard for 90 minutes in every game you maybe lose something from future games. We decided I would play a bit less today [Lewandowski made way for Renato Sanches on 57 minutes].
Question: Aubameyang scored twice this weekend and also has 19 goals for the season. This is going to be a tight race for the Torjägerkanone, isn’t it?

Lewandowski: That doesn’t matter to me right now. I’m not thinking about the Torjägerkanone. It’s more important what I do on the pitch. I want to play for the team.

Question: Rummenigge has said that you will one day be held in the same regard as Gerd Müller – Bayern’s all-time record goalscorer…

Lewandowski: Comparisons with players who played 20 or 30 years ago are difficult. I’m glad when I hear I’m on a par with Gerd Müller or other great Bayern strikers, but I write my own history and I want to show something new and do something that others haven’t done yet.

Question: Over the past few years Bayern's performances have tended to calm down at the business end of the season. Why does it not appear to be that that way this term?

Lewandowski: We have to wait before we start deciding that the Bundesliga title-race is done and dusted. We’re only five points ahead of RB Leipzig, which isn’t that much. I’m sure that Leipzig will fight until the end. We must stay focused. There is currently no big difference between us and them. We have to keep playing well.

Question: How important is Thomas Müller to the team?

Lewandowski: He showed how important he is today. He was outstanding, and was a great example to everyone. It doesn’t matter that he didn’t score. His play is out of this world. I'm also happy when he scores goals, but if he gives so many assists, I cannot say anything.

Question. What do you expect from the Schalke game [Bayern’s DFB Cup opponents on Wednesday]?

Lewandowski: We want to move into the next round, which is clearly our goal. So we will play to win.
Last edited by DRvad14 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:15 pm

DRvad14 wrote:That doesn’t matter to me right now. I’m not thinking about the Torjägerkanone. It’s more important what I do on the pitch. I want to play for the team.

Good to hear =D>
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
DRvad14 wrote:That doesn’t matter to me right now. I’m not thinking about the Torjägerkanone. It’s more important what I do on the pitch. I want to play for the team.

Good to hear =D>

Uhmm that's the standard response. Except if it was maybe Ronaldo. He would say it is his primary objective.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Well, I believe him - cause he already has a couple of those...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm sure everyone knows it already but Lewandowski is the best striker we've had for a long time and we should be happy that he just extended.
He's just the complete package.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:47 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Good to hear =D>

Uhmm that's the standard response. Except if it was maybe Ronaldo. He would say it is his primary objective.

Ask his predecessor. :P Though to be fair while looking for this article I found one from 2013 in which he said trophies are more important. Sounds like he needed an excuse. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:35 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 am

Second best goals per game ratio in Bayern history, amazing Lewandowski !

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:09 am

ottackon wrote:Second best goals per game ratio in Bayern history, amazing Lewandowski !

Very nice :) do you have one with goals per minute played? I always prefer that metric.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:36 am

Here's what I got, per transfermarkt stats.

Minutes per goal (Bayern only)
Müller 101
Lewy 115
Toni 125
Robben 140
Elber 143
Klinsmann 148
Makaay 149
Wohlfarth 169
Hoeneß 171
KHR 175

More impressive for Müller though is combined stats for career, all clubs + country:

Müller 99
Lewy 136
Elber 157
Toni 160
Makaay 163
Hoeneß 168
Wohlfarth 170
KHR 180
Klinsmann 182
Robben 202
aterford
I post all the time

Postby ottackon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 am

Der Bomber will never be matched, but Lewa is clearly establishing himself as the best modern striker we ever had.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:04 pm

aterford wrote:Here's what I got, per transfermarkt stats.

Minutes per goal (Bayern only)
Müller 101
Lewy 115
Toni 125
Robben 140
Elber 143
Klinsmann 148
Makaay 149
Wohlfarth 169
Hoeneß 171
KHR 175

More impressive for Müller though is combined stats for career, all clubs + country:

Müller 99
Lewy 136
Elber 157
Toni 160
Makaay 163
Hoeneß 168
Wohlfarth 170
KHR 180
Klinsmann 182
Robben 202

What about Gomez please? Surely he should be in the stats...

EDIT: Mario Gomez is on 99 minutes per Bayern goal, 1st in the list ahead of Gerd Mueller.
EDIT 2: Ottackon's list also misses Gomez. I calculated 0.65 goals per match which puts him 3rd.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:03 pm

Gomez at a goal per 120 minutes for clubs + country by my count, which would be just behind Gerd in that regard
aterford
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion