You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robert Lewandowski

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:23 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
ottackon wrote:Still disappointing in the biggest matches since he came to Bayern.

Thats the reason why I am not worry if he decide to leave bayern..

I wouldn't worry about HIM leaving, but about finding a proper replacement... Strikers are really a rare thing
CARLO RAUS
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:30 pm

I am more worry for find a replacement for Robbery than lewandowski.

Costa and Coman are good players but are far away to give us the Robbery we had in 2010-2013.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:32 am

MSN didn't do that well against that wall either... definitely the best defensive squad in the world and strangely they don't need possession to have the control.
Lewy rarely scores with headers, I think Mueller is better in the air.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Achilles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:15 am

I think Lewandowski has to leave, I don't see what he can provide to this team, 15m per year? You mad bro?
We can build to another striker like Lukaku or get him swap with Benzema, they'll probably beg for half of that money.

Either way I hope it's his last year here.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:01 am

He is as lazy as a Koala...
I hate to admit it but yes in big games he fails big time...
Do you Remember that soldier that we had upfront and even MUTU's all time favorite (although not in Europe)?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:18 am

ramsej84 wrote:He is as lazy as a Koala...
Do you Remember that soldier that we had upfront and even MUTU's all time favorite (although not in Europe)?

I trolled :lol:

Lazy? I think his workrate is very good, yesterday he fought hard into the box and the delivery was once again poor.
If a big game is a group stage yeah he failed... I remember last year he scored against Atleti and Juventus and BVB.
I do and I laughed hard when Gomez tried to link up with strikers, I don't even see him pressing high, technically wise laughable.

If you are expecting Bayern to hit 3 goals against Cholo's team, a team that never loses a game with a 2 goal difference OK...
Moaning for Lewandowski not hiiting hat tricks or doppieta against RM,Barca,Atletico,Juve then no striker will suit your qualifications, I can guarantee you that.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Zamora » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:02 am

Lewy has never been a true goalscorer. Even in Dortmunt he used to miss a lot of good chances and many goales he scored was due to nice team play, not his individual class. His biggest asset has always been his strength, his aerial duels, playing 1-2 and ability to not lose the ball and maintain it under pressure.

And honestly he lacks it in Bayern now. Yesterday he was not a man to who you can pass the ball and be sure that he will not lose it. Of course it is because Atletico is much stronger than any other team but I believe we can expect from such strike to shine in that kind of matches.

BayernTV very often uploads movies with amazing Lewy's skills but I do not see it on the pitch. On the pitch he usually hold the ball for too long when it is not necessary to do it, and just gives the impression of a player whose technique is average.

And although I would not missed Lewy if he left, there are simply no better strikers available. Who is better than Lewy? Lukaku? He would be good to compete with Lewy if we could pay 40mln but he will be much more expensive. It would be better to spend this money on winger. For me better than Lewy are only Suarez and Aguero, maybe Diego Costa in current form but I am not sure. Higuain always disappoints when the big stakes appears. I see no more better strikers than Lewy.
Zamora
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:37 am

We as Bayern fans consider Lewy to be one of the best (if not the best) strikers out there. And judging by his on-going contract negotiations, he considers himself so as well. The thing is, he is far from proving it in games like yesterday's where "the best" are expected to score from the 1-2 chances they get in a tight game like that. Lewa can score three consecutive hattricks, and then end up dry for 4-5 games, and then go back to scoring. It's his normal cycle to go like that. The "dry" period usually comes when it matters more, though, and that poses a big question mark on his claim to become our best-paid player ever. He needs to step up.

P.S. It's not just about last night's game. In fact, he was better than much of the other guys. However, the efficiency in front of goal is what has been lacking for him in most of the big games. Even when he scores hattrick, his tally in those games could have been much more, but then none will say anything as he scored a hattrick. That's my angle.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ziklitschli » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:44 pm

All elite strikers miss sitters and waste a lot of chances. Barca/ Real/ Man City/ Chelsea/ PSG average would be 6+ goals per match otherwise.

Had two against Porto that killed the tie.
Equalised in a second leg vs Barca with world class goal.
Started a comeback against Juve.
Started what could have been a comeback against Atletico, for example Suarez couldn't in their match.

It's not a stellar record in comparision to his antics against Real or Wolfsburg, sure (you could say though that he has the ability to make a difference when it's hard and that's something imo)

It isn't "a big time fail" either though. And I sure hope noone is drawing conclusion after a match where he was alone in the box vs one of the best defensive sides in Europe and screwed a header.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:58 pm

If Lewy played in the 70s...

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:06 am

#-o

That soldier is a benchwarmer for Juventus after being shown the backdoor in Atletico de Madrid

Lewandowski is a Top 3 #9 and he's doing world class job for us. Based only on his performances, I cannot see any good reason to sell him to any other club.

But I think we really need a backup striker
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:08 am

And as Ziklitschli pointed out, he's scored many important goals for Bayern.

Sometimes it looks like the only important goals are those ones scored in a CL final to win the trophy. Otherwise you're a choker and must leave
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:42 am

JANCKER wrote:If Lewy played in the 70s...

Instant classic!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby sobuj » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:52 am

Lewa is not the problem, he is the 2nd best striker, just not inform, problem is Bayern need world class winger like hazard, reus, sanchez and a RB...de scigilio maybe..
sobuj
Getting the hang of it

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:03 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:And as Ziklitschli pointed out, he's scored many important goals for Bayern.

Sometimes it looks like the only important goals are those ones scored in a CL final to win the trophy. Otherwise you're a choker and must leave

It's not that extreme, man. He did and will continue to score important goals for Bayern. However, if you want to proclaim yourself as the best striker out there AND ask the huge money for it, then yes, you do need to score the important goals in the CL final stages. Mind you, these are the games were you only get very few chances to capitalize on, and the world's best striker should be able to do so. Otherwise, he can continue being great for us (and he really is), but should calm down on those contract expectations.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion