You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby aterford » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:17 am

MUTU wrote:What we need is someone like Heynckes to talk to him. I remember Kroos being in exactly this situation when he was around Sanches' age. Then he was loaned out to Leverkusen where Heynckes took him aside and explained that despite that he reached a high level in his career for his age, he had sort of relaxed and others were now overtaking him and without more effort he would never reach his potential. Heynckes said that he thought nobody else (ie no one from Bayern) had given this talk to the kid. Since then, Kroos' career, which had appeared stagnant or going downhill, kept on improving. Seems to me like Sanches also needs this talk and, like Kroos, found nobody at Bayern to provide it. Can we bring Heynckes in for a day as a consultant? :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I tend to agree with this. Not sure who the right guy for the job is (sorry, but I don't think Jupp will come back to counsel Renato :D ), but this seems right.
In addition to exhibiting the same 'symptoms' as Kroos, I have to imagine Sanches often feels very isolated and lonely. I know it's different for a professional football player, but I'm trying to imagine myself at age 19 moving to a new country and not knowing how to speak to most people, adjusting to a new boss and 'coworkers', new style, etc etc. He is still very young and I must wonder if his confidence has taken a severe hit being isolated and hardly played. I know Sanches' actual play hasn't been up to snuff, but I feel like a lot of his problems are largely mental. I'm hoping he gets a loan if only to get his head straightened out. The physical tools are there IMO, but he needs to refocus and work on adapting to the culture, country, play style, etc better.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:46 am

ramsej84 wrote:The Tiger is able to do that...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

You mean the one who retired?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:24 pm

aterford wrote:In addition to exhibiting the same 'symptoms' as Kroos, I have to imagine Sanches often feels very isolated and lonely. I know it's different for a professional football player, but I'm trying to imagine myself at age 19 moving to a new country and not knowing how to speak to most people, adjusting to a new boss and 'coworkers', new style, etc etc. He is still very young and I must wonder if his confidence has taken a severe hit being isolated and hardly played. I know Sanches' actual play hasn't been up to snuff, but I feel like a lot of his problems are largely mental. I'm hoping he gets a loan if only to get his head straightened out. The physical tools are there IMO, but he needs to refocus and work on adapting to the culture, country, play style, etc better.

I've also wondered this too, if Sanches is dealing with depression or something like that. He rocketed through Benfica's system - his home team - and became a vital part of the team very quickly. His mind probably never stopped racing after that ascent, and when he comes to Bayern and hits a brick wall... that's gotta be jarring for a young guy. He has always seemed humble and quiet to me, a "nice" guy, and I agree... it seems like his confidence has been burned.

The natural talent is there, that's undeniable. He needs what MUTU described... someone to boost his confidence from the core, encourage him to go on loan, and wait for him to return in a year.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:44 am

Anyone know when he'll join the team?
I fear it will be very late. If he's smart he'll come as soon as possible.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Probably looking for a new club already...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 pm

bastos80 wrote:Anyone know when he'll join the team?

Probably as soon as the likes of Gnabry, Sule, and Rudy do since they were all involved in summer tournaments....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:02 pm

for sure... if he wants to fight for his place on the team, he needs to be at training... can't use the excuse of a summer tournament if you're trying to earn a place on the Bayern squad
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

Probably as soon as the likes of Gnabry, Sule, and Rudy do since they were all involved in summer tournaments....

But Portugal got knocked out in the group stage :^o
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

But Portugal got knocked out in the group stage :^o

But he's pretty much been in full training since the end of last season so no surprise he would deserve an extra bit of R&R....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Mircea_1984 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:00 pm

I don't understand. Why Sanches was named in the Bayern squad for Asia this summer, while he played in the U21 for Portugal in Poland? Is it a mistake of Fc Bayern website when they named him in the squad for Asia? Isn't he in vacation until the end of July like Gnabry, Rudy and Sule?
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Usually players return 3 weeks after they are eliminated. In his case he was eliminated before pre-season started so I assume 3 weeks from the first. That's the weekend after the coming one.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mircea_1984 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:17 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Usually players return 3 weeks after they are eliminated. In his case he was eliminated before pre-season started so I assume 3 weeks from the first. That's the weekend after the coming one.

But the games with Arsenal and Milan are sooner than that: 19 and 22 july. I dont know how many minutes will he get againts Inter and Chelsea. They will send him in the last 2 matches without much training?
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:19 pm

It's pre-season so nothing would surprise me. We might even see James on Saturday.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:03 am

This is not gonna be a popular opinion but I still believe that Sanches should be loaned out to a Spanish side like Sevilla or Bilbao for a season. If he can learn how to operate in midfield in La Liga then that will be a great experience for him and can prove to be an asset for Bayern.
He'll also gain invaluable experience of playing Real Madrid and Barcelona at least four times. Plus these clubs I mentioned will be playing in Europe so that means he'll get a chance to show his pedigree in those competitions too.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Back with the squad by the way.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext