You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Renato Sanches [Renato Júnior Luz Sanches]

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:06 am

Good to see some real objective comments lately and not the usual "let's keep him because I know he's the next Messi" type of discussion.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 am

I still feel the verdict is out on Sanches and selling him right now would be a mistake unless we got basically all our money back, IMO.
I have to feel that if he'd been given starter's minutes all season things would be radically different. But, of course, I understand that at this club having Sanches starting ahead of Vidal or Thiago or whoever is simply not possible.
That being said, my main issue with Sanches is his defending and tactical awareness. These are the two biggest areas he needs to improve, IMO. If you look at Sanches' per-90 metrics you'll find that his passing, dribbling, duels, take-ons, shooting, etc are actually quite a bit better than most of us might expect (or, at least judging by the chatter and general sentiment - they're not as bad as we might believe) but he still needs to improve his defending (poor tackler) and tactical awareness/positioning. On this note, for me it seems that a lot of the time Sanches is well-intended or has a clever idea but he's not on the same page as his teammates. This is both good and bad. Occasionally you'll catch Sanches making a good run or playing a good ball into space - trouble is his teammates don't see/want that run or he doesn't have a teammate moving into that space to receive the ball. So while in some ways I can applaud his creativity and the way he sees the pitch at times, it doesn't really matter if he's not on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. It should be noted that I think this should naturally improve with more playing time -- last season it was pretty clear he was not on the same page at all as the rest of the squad, but as the season went on you could gradually see him start to pick up our style/system a bit better (Still a long way to go, but I think we can objectively at least say there was some progress in that regard). It's also quite clear he doesn't have his teammates trust (and that's understandable) but there's been plenty of occasions where he'll be wide open in a promising position and nobody will look to get the ball to him - or he'll have the ball and get swarmed by defenders and nobody will move to give him an outlet pass. Things like that.

All in all, I think the best case scenario for next year is to take a loan still (although indications are that we don't want to send him out) but unless he has a truly spectacular preseason (which should be difficult as I believe he'll miss some due to U21s?) I don't see him starting over Thiago/Vidal/Tolisso etc. Right now, for me the most important thing is consistent playing time.
That's why my dream is for him to go to Hoffenheim next season....play for them consistently, get more European experience....and then return and bring their manager with him :lol: :lol:
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 am

In my opinion at his age those flashes of brilliance are very important even if they come during an otherwise bad game. We should be focusing on his potential (which I think is huge) more than his flaws because there is still a lot of time to eliminate those flaws. We bought him for the future, after all.

He needs a good coach for that and playing time. Carlo could be the former but I doubt he'll get the latter. Hoffenheim is a very good option and to go beyond aterford's joke, it could actually be very good for him to get used to someone who will likely be our coach in the near future. Considering our other midfielders and their age I wouldn't be against a long loan like Kroos's.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:30 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:In my opinion at his age those flashes of brilliance are very important even if they come during an otherwise bad game. We should be focusing on his potential (which I think is huge) more than his flaws because there is still a lot of time to eliminate those flaws. We bought him for the future, after all.

He needs a good coach for that and playing time. Carlo could be the former but I doubt he'll get the latter. Hoffenheim is a very good option and to go beyond aterford's joke, it could actually be very good for him to get used to someone who will likely be our coach in the near future. Considering our other midfielders and their age I wouldn't be against a long loan like Kroos's.

Yes, I very much agree. While I think we can all admit Renato has struggled greatly in Munich, at the same time that doesn't just wipe out his previous season and his performances at the Euros - I don't think that was just a fluke. We all saw on one of the biggest stages the type of performances he was capable of.
Re: Nagelsmann, it was somewhat said in jest but it's no secret that I'm all for bringing him in to join us in 2018 and give full control for the transitional period we're seemingly about to enter. I'm in absolute agreement that giving Sanches a year under a coach who'd play him consistently (and seems to have more trust in youngsters than Ancelotti) would do wonders for his development when he returns to the FCB squad.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:He's got an infection of the middle ear you morons.

And there I was thinking he had an even number of ears... :lol:

Huh?

[-X
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Wached sanches first half against spain, again he have some moments when he is walking on the field not connected to the game. He supposed to be one of the team leaders. I dont like at all he lack of passion. Compared with Saul he is miles away unfortunatelly
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:Wached sanches first half against spain, again he have some moments when he is walking on the field not connected to the game. He supposed to be one of the team leaders. I dont like at all he lack of passion. Compared with Saul he is miles away unfortunatelly

He has the attitude like is soon to give up playing all together...
What the **** is wrong with him?
Another Breno in the making???

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Yeah he does not care at all. It's awful.

Just a ghost walking on the field.

Wouldn't mind if Bayern sell this guy. He isn't the player we bought I guess. Sadly...
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Effenberg777 wrote:Wached sanches first half against spain, again he have some moments when he is walking on the field not connected to the game. He supposed to be one of the team leaders. I dont like at all he lack of passion. Compared with Saul he is miles away unfortunatelly

Are you slowly accepting that we should get rid of him? :lol:
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mani » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Ok he was pretty terrible today
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:15 pm

bastos80 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Are you slowly accepting that we should get rid of him?

I don't know...
I am still in the middle of the road...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:36 pm

I guess all this 40-50 mils transfers and huge salary for every young player cause this << i dont give a fkuc>> attitude. I thought Renato way of playing was some sort of disappointment because he is not used by Anceloti , but it seems lately is his way of playing. All his passes where wrong, short or back today. I hope he doesn't transform from Renato to Retardato, and start playing what he must play. If he is so awful at U21, there is no doubt how he plays against some players with experience. Lately after we all accused Anceloti of not playing more with Renato, maybe he knows better from training at what real level Renato is. And to be honest every time he was used last year he was out of the game.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby aterford » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:22 am

Probably safe to say his match fitness is not great after spending 80% of the last year on the sideline
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:59 am

What we need is someone like Heynckes to talk to him. I remember Kroos being in exactly this situation when he was around Sanches' age. Then he was loaned out to Leverkusen where Heynckes took him aside and explained that despite that he reached a high level in his career for his age, he had sort of relaxed and others were now overtaking him and without more effort he would never reach his potential. Heynckes said that he thought nobody else (ie no one from Bayern) had given this talk to the kid. Since then, Kroos' career, which had appeared stagnant or going downhill, kept on improving. Seems to me like Sanches also needs this talk and, like Kroos, found nobody at Bayern to provide it. Can we bring Heynckes in for a day as a consultant? :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:05 am

The Tiger is able to do that...

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion